Nay for sick dogs

Munchies

My family's dog, Coco (a dachshund chihuahua mix) is severely sick and has been for almost two months... He has hemolytic anemia, which is where the body destroys red blood cells before they can deliver oxygen to muscular tissue... After going to the vet again today, his blood tests show that his body is no longer producing red blood cells. His x-rays show that he has fluid in the upper lobes of his lungs, his spleen is enlarged as well as his liver. The x-rays also showed a void near his spleen which the vet suspected that it's blood... Needless to say, he may not make it through the night and it's taking its toll on all of us.  :'(

I'm so, so, sorry :( Having a sick pet is tough, I've been through it myself when I lost my Brittney Spaniel to stomach cancer when she was just a pup. It's very hard to watch them suffer and not knowing how or if you can do anything to help. I used to work at my local vets office so I know how hard many veterinarians work to ease the pain of the animals they see. Just know that there are many people out there to support you through challenging times such as this

Thank you everyone for your support. Unfortunately Coco passed away and has crossed the Rainbow Bridge...

I am so VERY sorry for your loss. People will say, "i know what you are going through, I lost my.......his/her name was so and so."  While people may understand the pain of the loss of a pet, the truth is, nobody understands EXACTLY what YOU are going through.  I too lost my beloved pitbull Shelby a few months ago to cancer.  I am still not over it.  I miss her every day.  Everyone grieves differently and in their own time. take the time you need for yourself and don't let anyone tell you,  "it's just a dog" or "you should be over this by now".  only you can know how much time you truly need.  blessings, til you and Coco meet at Rainbow Bridge.

My condolences for your loss of your pup. :(

It's not an easy thing to experience and I don't wish it on anyone. I've unfortunately experienced such a loss like this twice and it never gets easier and I don't think it's something you really get over. It stays with you. When we lose a pet, it's just like losing a family member and we all grieve differently.

I'm so sorry this happened. It hurts when a pet passes, but know that Coco is in a better place now. I know that saying such things don't take away the pain or make you feel better because none of us really know what you're going through. 

I hope you will find peace and serenity after this. My prayers for you and your family. <3