Advice Selling Rare Item

deboratibi

I need advice! In January I restocked a r99 stamp (Upside Down Island Acara Stamp) and at the time it was worth around 15mil. I put it in the TP back then and no one offered. I sort of forgot about it until recently, and now it's worth 12mil. I put it in the TP again and said I was willing to negotiate the price.

Someone mailed me asking the lowest I would sell it for, and I said probably 8mil. We exchanged a few more neomails and the person said the most they'd give me for it is 6mil. That's half of what other people are asking for in the TP, but I kind of want to get rid of it soon. I'm afraid it will keep deflating and I won't be able to get as much as I can now, even if right now it seems I could get more (does this make sense?). But since I'm not very TP savvy, I don't want to go through with it without hearing some advice first. 

So, should I sell for 6mil now or should I wait for someone who's willing to offer more (and possibly risk a larger deflation)? There are currently 9 of these in the TP, that seems like a lot. And it seems people aren't buying them, which makes me think it's not actually worth 12mil. What do you guys think?

I would say it depends. Mainly, on how much you paid for it? If you paid the neopets shop price, sell it with 6mil!

If you paid more, will you get your money back, at least, if it is bought for 6 mil?

But if there are 9 of them on TP, and none are moving, I'd say sell it. 

Have you checked the auctions?

The problem is it's a rare stamp and it's expensive so people like myself who collect stamps tend to want to get them as cheap as possible without ripping the seller off. If you've had it for this long and would like to get rid of it I would probably sell it, maybe see if the person making the offer will go at 7 mill and meet you in the middle a bit. It's completely up to you on how fast you'd like to make a sale or sit on it. Good luck! :)

For rare items I usually check the auctions.  I feel its a pretty good indicator of what people are willing to pay for things.  Especially the ones that only have half an hour left.  If something is priced too high, no one bids. 

Yes, I restocked it for about 48k. And I didn't think to check the auctions, thanks for the advice, guys! 

There's only one in the auctions right now:

1z4a4hk.png

I guess 6mil seems all right then.

Alright, sorry if I seem a bit boring, but since Neopets is an economy, here's a lecture on economics.

Demand : Up :: Supply : Down

However, you have something that is extremely rare, so rare that only about a dozen are available for sale. This allows the first person who lists theirs to fix the price at anything they want. In this case, it has been fixed at about 8,000,000 Neopoints when it could have be 500,000 or 40,000,000. Since no one will buy the ones at 8 mil, I would advise just selling it at highest price you can agree on, since the others seem to be going nowhere.

Wow, congrats on all of the neopoints! :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Songbirdsara if you have any questions regarding this action.