Taking over my sisters account

darnflamingos

Hi there, I have a question.

My sister stopped playing neopets a while ago. She still has a pet but sold and donated all her stuff.

I've been playing her account as a side account now and have a few questions.

Can I give the account gifts? For example I'm training her pet in the academy, every time I get dubloons I sell them, but now I would like to give them to the other account. The same goes for the faery blessings. Is that okay, or isn't that permitted.

And one more thing. What is a great weapon for a new pet in the battledome? The pet is level 21 endurance and needs all the help it can get. I now use the enchanted wooden bow, but is there something that is reasonably prices and does more damage?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

giving gifts to your side acct is okay .. i send books to my side pet to read all the time ... but its better to move the battle pet to your main because fighting in the BD on a side account gives items and NP's and that's not allowed by Neo rules ...  

Yes but essentially you are sharing accounts and that is against the rules. If your sister wants to train her pet she would need to login and do that. Or she can give the pet to you and you can house it on your main account if you have room or one of your side accounts. Neopets is very sticky with their rules and you could find both yours and your sisters account frozen. Be careful!

The rules are you CAN have a side account, but you can not use your second account to gain neopoints.

In response to MouseyKins:

My bad. I was under the impression that the sister was done playing and had given her account away.

The rules are you CAN have a side account, but you can not use your second account to gain neopoints.

That is correct, however that is not the issue here.

Sharing accounts is the issue and that is against the Neopets Terms and Conditions.

Oops, we've been doing it wrong for years. Everytime I slept over at a friend my sister fed my pets and did my dailies, and the same goes the other way around.

The accounts are not actually connected, I don't move funds or give expensive items or anything. I'm more of sitting her pet for a longer period, but I understand now that this is not permitted.  I was just wondering if I could give her inexpensive items like doubloons where my higher level pet doesn't have any use for. But I understand that everything is a big no.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as you're not sharing accounts and your sister is the one logging in to accept the dubloons and use them to train her pet you can give them to her. :)

I suggest putting your pets in the NeoLodge if you aren't able to feed your pets the next day, it's an inexpensive way to keep their tummies full without breaking rules. :]