Magma Pool

Marae19

Yay! I just found my magma time (or at least part of it)! I immediatly painted my usul magma. I've only been searching for a few days, and I'm so glad my time isn't in the middle of the night for me. It's around 2:10 am NST, but for me thats at 11.10 am, so I'm awake :D

Now I'm going to have to figure out how to customise her, but that's doable.

Oddly, my time seems to have changed. It used to be 8:37 pm, NP time. However, that time no longer works. Has anyone else had this happen?

I guess I'll have to go through the tedious process of finding it again. Unfortunately, discovering the time wasn't easy for me last time. Ugh....

Oddly, my time seems to have changed. It used to be 8:37 pm, NP time. However, that time no longer works. Has anyone else had this happen?

I guess I'll have to go through the tedious process of finding it again. Unfortunately, discovering the time wasn't easy for me last time. Ugh....

Since Jumpstart bought Neopets from Nickelodeon, the servers changed, and with that so did everyone's magma time, so you're not the only one. Luckily I never got that far in searching for my magma time before the transition, but I understand your frustration.

Since Jumpstart bought Neopets from Nickelodeon, the servers changed, and with that so did everyone's magma time, so you're not the only one.

Really? :O I didn't know this. Thankfully I already found mine for the only pet I wanted Magma, so I don't feel the need to find it again.

Really? :O I didn't know this. Thankfully I already found mine for the only pet I wanted Magma, so I don't feel the need to find it again.

Yeah, really, I've seen it all around the boards. I don't know it from personal experience, because like I said, I hadn't found mine before the transition, but I've heard it many times.

Magma is a "color" your can "paint" your Neopet. It does not require a paint brush, but you must take your Neopet for a "dip" in the Magma Pool. The Magma Pool is located in the Magma Caves, from Moltata City. However, to take your Neopet for a "dip" in the Magma Pool, you must know your Magma Pool Time. It is a set random time, and it is different for each Neopian. You can read more about the Magma Pool here, on TDN, and see some examples of Magma Neopets. Hope this helps!

EDIT: According to the TDN article, your pet can also be "zapped" Magma by the lab ray.

So it just occurred to me....if the magma time changed, does that mean the times when all the different color worms appear is also different? It took forever for me to find that rainbow one!

To the best of my knowledge, the worms never appeared at different set times, but randomly. You just have to keep refreshing the page, until one appears. 5 are located in Moltara City and 5 are located in Moltara Caves. Generally, for me, the worms appear somewhat quickly, but I, too, have had a hard time getting the rainbow one. It always seems the last two take awhile to get. I have used the advice of TDN by restarting the quest by discarding the empty lantern and the worms I had in my inventory, and then going back and getting another lantern. I can also say the worm locations have not changed in the JS transition and I still have the original locations. It appears only the Magma Pool times have changed. Anyhow, I use TDN's guide for the Moltra Worm Quest, located here.

I found my magma time quite by accident the other day :) I always check the magma pool when I do my dailies, and for the first time the other day I was doing this at 8:50am my time, and I found the guard asleep :) which is around 11:45pm NST :D

Lucky you! Since the reset, mine is 5:02 am. Mean TNT mean

Okay, got the magma. Not sure that I've really interested in that anyway... What are the worms? Is that a daily that I should be doing?

The Worms Quest is a way to get "Red Moltite". "Red Moltite", along with different combinations of "Miscellaneous Gears", "Shiny Obsidian", and "Scrap Metal and Stone" can be used in "Tangor's Workshop" to make (robotic) petpets. You can read about Tangor's Workshop here, on TDN. So, if you are interested in making "robotic" petpets, then you may want to do the Worm Quest. Otherwise, not much else to gain from doing the quest.