Top Story: First Major Neopets Layout Change since 1999 launch - 'Neopets 2.0'

Ian

Guilds are messed up in Firefox ;)

VERRRYYY good point.

True. Although for my guild, the background disappeared and some text overlaps in Internet Explorer. Zac may be able to fix that. As for Firefox, I'm not sure how to manage that yet.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhhh Sorry about my outburst... I am ashamed. They should've let us neopians know. I like it but they messed it up.

Penguin you can convert tem to the newer version via the Quick ref page (but beware no going back)

But the plushie gelert looks meuh, it used to look like a baby gelert plushie, but now it aged and looks like a adult plushie

I can only convert my baby Kougra, but the newer version is pretty ugly. I hope they change the Grundo's baby design.

All of my pets are the same, except for my baby grundo. He is the very first pet I painted, and now he doesn't look the way he used to. I'm so dissapointed and I would quit if I could, but I don't want to abandon my pets.

If it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem -- I have a baby Hissi, and I *really* don't like the way he looks redrawn. At least mine was zapped by Boochi though, I didn't spend the money on the paintbrush only to be disappointed like you did. Sorry you're not happy with your Grundo, but don't give up yet -- you've probably already seen this, but in the news it says: "We would also like to mention that if you aren't happy with the change to any of your Neopets, don't go hunting for a morphing potion just yet! You may find justice early next week. ;)" So maybe our poor pets won't look this way forever. :)

If it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem -- I have a baby Hissi, and I *really* don't like the way he looks redrawn. At least mine was zapped by Boochi though, I didn't spend the money on the paintbrush only to be disappointed like you did. Sorry you're not happy with your Grundo, but don't give up yet -- you've probably already seen this, but in the news it says: "We would also like to mention that if you aren't happy with the change to any of your Neopets, don't go hunting for a morphing potion just yet! You may find justice early next week. ;) " So maybe our poor pets won't look this way forever. :)

Ahh I truly hope so!! I love my grundo so much, it looks like a kid grundo right now LOL

TDN gave it an 8/10. Where did the other two points go?

Personally, I like the new layout. It takes a bit of getting used to, though.

However, I don't like all the ruined coding or most of the pet redraws (especially the Aisha).

Eww is all I have to say. The revamp of the pets make them look gross! They don't look like neopets anymore *cries*

It's very laggy also and my BEAUTIFUL lookup is wrecked

Not very happy =/

I just wanted to let you know that I opened a coding topic where we can discuss about the new way to code lookups / guild layout. Some people have already figured how to perfectly code them on V.2... and I've post 2-3 codes that could help you to start.

If you have other codes you would like to share with me, please visit this topic.

I'll try to figure out more tomorrow... I'm way too tired tonight to continue.

I like the new layout, especially the drop-down menus.

Ack! I think the thing I like least is the drop-down menus. I remember having problems with javascript drop-down menus (these are javascript, aren't they?) in the past, and I've just never been a fan of them since then. (I don't have problems with them now or anything, but it just brings up such traumatic memories.)

I feel like the site is really cluttered. I really loved the spacious kid-like feel to the old site design. Sigh. I guess I'd better get used to it.

o_O

Oh, my...

Actually, after the initial shock, it's really not that bad. It's certainly different, though, so while the old style had its merits, so does this one. I appreciate how the whole thing's centred, as well as the new navigation. Less clutter, I think.

3 main gripes, though.

1) I don't like to be reminded on EVERY.SINGLE.PAGE that my pet's starving. I like the old don't-have-to-care system. :)

2) OMG MY LOOKUP.

3) OMG MY PETS.

I don't mind the new layout, TNT just has to fix the coding in guilds. The only thing I don't like about the new update is the Customising. My Royal Lupe was converted when I was never given the option to convert him or not. Now he looks ugly.

Okay, having been someone who has played and experience the whole neopets fever form the 1990s, i have a few main gripes with the new design.

No1) Yes, the site lags slower, the refresh is taking longer...and i dunno how on earth i'm gonnal accurately grab and buy stuff and actively restock from shops now. The whole site feels slow, and the site seems cluttered! I mean, yes it FEELS modern, but give me comfortable living over the whole headache inducing rush when i look at the front page of the site.

No.2) My main gripe. The pictures of my pets are so small now!! I used to love seeing my pet up close and personal, but now they have reduced it to such a small picture, it's a lot less likable. Also, they seemed to have done away with the whole Happy face, Sad face thing. That was the function that injected life into the whole Exploring the world business... and now they just present a static, unchanging image! I cannot believe this. I for some reason cannot feel the close bond and the whole 'living' element anymore. Does the neopet team wish to alienate users? They should had given this more thought, instead of rushing ahead with the neopets customisation...i'll rather have a reactive, emotive pet, then a simple PICTURE i can stick clothes on...(sigh).

That said...i guess the site looks okay...but how on earth am i gonna get used to this?