Battledome Challengers have different stats then stated

Brover

So, I was wondering if anyone has my problem. I'm looking at the hps Robo Grarrl on the easiest level, which is 150hps. I think I can beat him, but when we start to battle, he starts with 250 hps. It's been like this with other challengers, like Lava Ghoul, and it's not only on the easiest level either.

Is this a bug or is this how it's suppose to be?

Hi, I just checked all 3 difficulties of the Robo Grarrl and the HP is as you said it for the weakest difficulty setting.

I also just checked the entry for Robo Grarrl in the BP's profile for him.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/138/

I think I figured out what's going on. It took me a while to realize it myself. What you're reading is the difficulty based on which "face" you click on. Which sets the difficulty of the challenge.

Robo Grarrl
[Difficulty: 150, 180, 225]

Difficulty is not the opponent's HP.

If you look under his profile pic in the entry, there will be this text.

Arena: Neocola Centre
How to unlock: Refresh here.
Starting HP: 250, 300, 375
Abilities Used: Static Cling , Meditate , Positive Thinking , Sear , Lens Flare

As you can see, his starting HP is correct at 250 on the weakest difficulty setting for him.

I hope this helps. Good luck with this fight if you try it again, or have fun with whomever you decide to battle next. ;)

Hi, I just checked all 3 difficulties of the Robo Grarrl and the HP is as you said it for the weakest difficulty setting.

I also just checked the entry for Robo Grarrl in the BP's profile for him.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/138/

I think I figured out what's going on. It took me a while to realize it myself. What you're reading is the difficulty based on which "face" you click on. Which sets the difficulty of the challenge.

Robo Grarrl

[Difficulty: 150, 180, 225]

Difficulty is not the opponent's HP.

If you look under his profile pic in the entry, there will be this text.

Arena: Neocola Centre

How to unlock: Refresh here.

Starting HP: 250, 300, 375

Abilities Used: Static Cling , Meditate , Positive Thinking , Sear , Lens Flare

As you can see, his starting HP is correct at 250 on the weakest difficulty setting for him.

That's interesting. I never knew that, but I think it's weird that other's like Flaming Meerca, Neopets V2, and some others have the exact difficulty level and hps. That's really confusing.

That's interesting. I never knew that, but I think it's weird that other's like Flaming Meerca, Neopets V2, and some others have the exact difficulty level and hps. That's really confusing.

That is very weird. You'd think they would make it standard across them.

Not so weird. If you keep the values difficulty and HP separate then you can base the difficulty on weapons used, strength and defence of the challenger. I have had a lower hit point challenger be harder to beat because of healing items or defence items. :medieval: I hate the ones with multiple healing items that exhaust my HP. :axehead:

Laura

It's yet another battledome glitch. I've added it to the battledome section of our glitch guide.

I don't think it is a glitch. Just some challengers have HP different from their difficulty level. It was like that even in the old Battledome. That's why we list it differently on the Battlepedia (and always have).

I don't think it is a glitch. Just some challengers have HP different from their difficulty level. It was like that even in the old Battledome. That's why we list it differently on the Battlepedia (and always have).

It was also reported on the boards that challengers were not showing the correct HP, despite checking the correct difficulty

It was also reported on the boards that challengers were not showing the correct HP, despite checking the correct difficulty

Huh, I wonder if it's only certain domes, or certain opponents then? Because when I checked Robo Grarrl for this thread, the BP entry for him was correct for his HP. I'm still working on Tekkitu to try to see if he'll finally drop a Zed Codestone, no luck yet, but his difficulty for Mighty, is 600, and his hp for that setting is 750, as stated on his Profile in the BP. So I haven't run across this issue yet. Although, granted I've been focused on Tekkitu exclusively the last couple months, except for skirmish opponents. So if it's not all opponents I wouldn't know it which ones might be affected. Anyhoo, I hope TNT can get these glitches fixed sooner than later. It's a shame the site is having so many problems at this time. :(

Oh, ok. So the problem the OP mentioned, with the Robo Grarrl, isn't a glitch because the Robo Grarrl always has at least 250 HP, but some people are seeing a glitch with some opponents. Thanks for clarifying!