Nooo, my interest! D<

jellysundae

Today, I remembered to pay my NP from Bouncy Supreme into the bank, then doing Apple Bobbing, so I wouldn't lose any, but I forgot to collect my interest first T_T Of course my interest's only 216NP right now so to most of you guys that's probably nothing, I'm just annoyed with myself for messing up ><

Though is clearing your NP a genuine way of preventing any of the things that cause losses? A few days ago I was doing my dailies and when I went to another page I suddenly had -600NP :| I didn't notice a ghost taking it or anything, but I assume something like that's what must of happened.

No, having no np on hand doesn't prevent events that cause you to lose np. It'll just say -312, for example, until you earn 312 or take it out of the bank. Then your on hand np will be 0.

I've forgotten to collect my intrest a couple of times. It's annoying no matter how much it is -_-

Ah! Thanks :D That's good to know really, so I don't need to bother to try to remember to have no NP on hand before visiting Bart. 600 seems a lot to lose D: Oh well, on that day I got 2500 from the Wheel of Excitement, so the loss was nicely offset :D I only ever play the WoE once a day, so I'm always happy when I get 2.5k (which I did today actually :D)

Hitting 1 mil in the bank's going to be a landmark for me :D Wonder how long it's going to be before I hit it, lol. In a few days I'll hopefully hit 800k

Losing those few hundred NP may hurt a little now, but the lesson learned will save you a LOT more later. That's why I click on my interest first each day. (I won't say how much it is ;) ) Remember, saving only 3,000 a day = 1,000,000 in one year. But the key is to not spend too much--unless buying things gives you more pleasure than seeing a big number in your bank account. I was very active (a few hours a day) for the first few years here. Now that I'm busier, I mostly just do dailies and collect interest.

It always sucks to forget to collect your interest, no matter how much or how little it is! It's definitely not the first time and won't be the last that someone deposits NP before collecting interest, though. :p

As for the negative neopoints, it seems you've already found that having 0 NP on hand doesn't protect you from those bad events in the dailies! However, don't forget that some of those dailies can also steal items, and you can prevent that by placing the items in your safety deposit box. When I was going for the apple bobbing "imposter" avatar, I only kept a couple impostor apples in my inventory.

Keeping your neopoints in the bank is still good for building interest and protecting your neopoints from random events like the tax beast, so it doesn't hurt to put them away!

Because I use the dailies page on TDN collecting my interest's always the 3rd thing that I do, I only messed up today because I paid money in before I collected my interest, hopefully I will remember not to do that again though :shiftyeyes_anim: I'm doing pretty well with not spending much at the moment :D Temptation's gonna get me soon enough though, isn't it xD

I do tidy my inventory up every day, just in case the pant devil decides to be my friend on the Wheel of Excitement, and I have been good at remembering to do that, so I've got some of the bases covered at least. Learning sensible methods while I don't have much to lose...I hope!

I did the same thing -- going in order -- and I lost 6K to Apple Bobbing. (Also, you can lose items in your inventory).

Has anyone lost NP (or itmes ... ?) from Apple Bobbing or similar participatory events when there are no NP/items to lose? I'm still a "noob," having only played for 2 months since I quit circa 2004. So far, starting with 0 NP out and 0 items in inventory I have either gained items, received nothing or gotten sick from Apple Bobbing, but never lost NP. It took me a few d'oh moments, but I haven't "lost" in over a month of not having anything to lose.

I have read that random events can leave you with negaitve NP (ie, a thug bullies you for 300 NP and you have 0 NP out and next refresh you have -300 NP). But I beleve for participatory events you can't lose. So far, not for me at least. Has anyone experienced different?

Erato says you do lose NP whether you've got any onhand or not, so there's your answer to that, if your items are in your SDB they'll be safe though :)

As mentioned above, if you ever do have several thousand NP or more on hand, remember that the Tax Beast :grrr: :thumbsdown: takes a percentage. So the less cash you have on hand, the less he can take. Just deposit large amounts right away--especially if you sell on the Trading Post...I forget the name of the other animal that can take large chunks, a mutant Kadoatie I think. I don't think he can take more than 5,000 but I may be wrong. Does anyone remember if he takes 5,000 even if you don't have that on hand?

EDIT: this answers my question. http://www.sunnyneo.com/randomevents/re_lose.php

Thanks Lake! Wow, the kadoatie can take a lot! D< I do have a bit of a habit of wanting to reach a round amount before paying money into the bank, but I shall try to train myself out of doing that after reading this!

As mentioned above, if you ever do have several thousand NP or more on hand, remember that the Tax Beast :grrr: :thumbsdown: takes a percentage. So the less cash you have on hand, the less he can take. Just deposit large amounts right away--especially if you sell on the Trading Post...I forget the name of the other animal that can take large chunks, a mutant Kadoatie I think. I don't think he can take more than 5,000 but I may be wrong. Does anyone remember if he takes 5,000 even if you don't have that on hand?

EDIT: this answers my question. http://www.sunnyneo.com/randomevents/re_lose.php

The page does say that your NP can go negative, but I've had that Kadoatie random event quite a few times and he only took what I had on hand, so it might be random? If I had less than 5000 NP, the event just took all I had.

I forgot to collect my interest a couple of days ago. Midnight NST occurs at 9 in the morning here, so I'm sometimes online and then I deposit NP without thinking... :(