Rubbish avatar?

pinkmanwhite

Now one of my goals is to get the rubbish avatar, and I know that you have to discard around 5000 items (i'm gathering old rotten left/right boot and other junk items for this) but i wanted to know is that once you have all the items do you discard them by groups of 50? like the inventory just lets you have 50 something items right... so does this work? i don't want to discard a great amount of items and then to find out that nothing happened :/

By using quick stock you can discard up to 70 items at a time and that's about the easiest way to do it. I didn't even attempt going for the avatar until I had 5k worth of junk items in my SDB. I mostly collected piles of dung from the second hand shoppe.

You can discard in any amount you wish, but the max is 70(?) at one time. How many you discard at one time doesn't affect your chances, it might just take longer to get the avatar if you do a lower number.

You can have more than 50 items in your inventory, as long as you're just moving stuff around (i.e. discarding thousands of items). Take out a couple hundred items at a time, then use quick stock. It'll only allow you to discard 70 items at a time, but that will help it move much more quickly.

I also recommend discarding between 12 and 1 NST, am or pm. This petpage suggests that it helps, and it worked for me. http://www.neopets.com/~miaou5

Has anyone here received this avatar after a period of time (days, weeks, months...etc) or has the vast majority received this after accumulating 5000 + items and doing the discard basically all at once? I don't have the patience to accumulate so much junk and was hoping other people got it from discarding gradually as well...

It says on the pop up for the rubbish avatar that you can do it gradually :yes:

rubbish.gif Awarded when discarding some number of items, either all at once or over an extended period of time. Usually around 5000 items.

It says on the pop up for the rubbish avatar that you can do it gradually :yes:

rubbish.gif Awarded when discarding some number of items, either all at once or over an extended period of time. Usually around 5000 items.

I know...I was just wondering if anyone on the forums has specifically gotten this one from gradual discards, all I've ever read was people discarding all at once.