What happened to Neopets?

CassandraA

I haven't been on neopets in about 8 or 9 months and I was just wondering what happened? There used to be about 10,000-13,000 people online, and now there's only 3,000...

The counter is glitched, hasnt changed since a transition on september. But I wouldnt be surprised for when the counter is fixed if the same occurs because tnt took down habi, which was what many players kept on showing them online.

Neopets made a sever transition from Nickelodeon to Jumpstart (their new parenting company) during that move, a lot has since messed up-- stopped working, glitched etc. We're still seeing about the same old traffic

The counter that shows a little over 3,000 is glitched and will always state there's 3534 users online (or whatever that exact number is) even though there's probably between 8-10k of us.

I still can't believe so many people pay attention to that counter, though.

I didn't even know it existed until people started asking about it being stuck at 3.5k

I didn't even know that there was a counter for online users.

I do wonder if there are actually less people on Neo now? Maybe because of the lag and the season?

Well I'm sure there has been a decline in overall Neopets users. It's bound to happen. Especially cause people are starting to join Flight Rising.

Plus during the winter holidays people are busy socializing or doing finals and stuff or whatever.

I'm definitely not on as much as I was before because of the lag and all...season probably has something to do with it to though.

Same here. Due to the unpredictable lag, there are a couple of things I would usually do that I am not doing because they are timed events. And while the lag can be so bad, I've literally waited nearly a minute for a page to load up at some times, I really don't want to lose out on NP for getting the tasks done quickly. I hope TNT and Jumpstart can get the lag figured out SOON! I'm sure the season has something to do with fewer people on as well. I knew about the counter on the neopets home page, but I don't really pay much attention to it. so I did not know it was glitched. lol