Should The New Site Spotlight Avatar Be Awarded Retroactively?

fullonparanoid

Hey gang!

Recently, TNT announced new avatars. One of them is for winning Site Spotlight.

Site Spotlight is awarded to ONE person ONCE a week. So, a total of 56 winners a year.

Prior to the avatar being announced, it was pretty much 'the rule' that you could only win Site Spotlight once (or, if you tried again, you would be judged more harshly than others).

Site Spotlight requires A LOT of work and skill to attain...and some of the winners spent weeks/months/even years collecting the information for their entry.

I think that the avatar should be awarded retroactively (note, I have NOT won Site Spotlight...so I have no real dog in this fight).

I think that awarding it to those who have already won would be beneficial to ALL involved because, not only would past winners be pleased with the avatar, those attempting to win for the first time will have fewer (already proven) skilled site designers to compete with.

I honestly don't see a negative to awarding this avatar retroactively.

Unlike a game avatar (where you essentially have unlimited tries a day every day to attain it), the Site Spotlight is pretty much a one shot deal.

Also, if ever they were to add an avatar for Gallery Spotlight, I would call for it to be awarded retroactively as well.

I hope TNT makes the decision to retroactively award the Site Spotlight Avatar to all who have won it...I'm guessing that it is currently under discussion.

Time will tell.

Thoughts?

:P

I agree that it should be retroactive - I've never attempted to enter myself, but I know it takes a ton of effort to win and the number of winners is so few. If the structure of the contest were different (multiple winners at once in a tiered structure or a winner being announced 2-3 times per week) then I would say it should not be retroactive, but as it stands I think previous winners deserve their credit too.

You definitely hit the nail on the head with everything I could say about the subject, not much to add to your sentiments, just that I agree!

Not much to debate here. TNT is already planning to do this. It's in last weeks editorial.

TNT, pleasepleaseplease with the most delicious Cherry Bori Lolly on top consider making the Site Spotlight avatar available for past winners! It's a once a week event and there's only one winner each week. Unlike the Beauty Contest, it's not easily achievable again. ~semmy_genius
We have been getting many of these requests this week, and we totally understand. We are planning on implementing a workaround for this, so please bear with us. Hopefully we can get this to you soon!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...VERY cool! :D

I had not seen that...in fact, I had not much thought about the matter at all until I read a board on Charter about it (it seems that there is a problem with the Lottery avatar as well...it is only being awarded to one person each round no matter how many have won).

I'm glad to hear that they are going to implement a retroactive awarding of the SS avie (and hopefully they will fix the Lottery avie, too!)

Cheers!

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Since it's such a hard spotlight to win, and there are so few winners compared to other spotlights, I definitely think it should be awarded retroactively. It wouldn't be fair otherwise, especially to the people who won in the weeks just before the avatar came out.