Wishing Well - Have you ever gotten your wish?

rraspberry

My wish was granted the very first time I tried a couple of years ago (a bag of peanuts for the avatar). Naturally after that I kept on wishing and have most every day twice a day since then. I haven't kept track of what I've gotten, but I've won quite a number of times. The item I most consistently ask for is a bag of peanuts, but I've wished for other items here and there like goodie bags. I also got my Moehug from the Wishing Well, but usually I'm just in it for the profit. I feel I used to win more often when I first started wishing - I don't know if more people participate now or I'm less lucky or what - but it's still more than worth it. Just keep trying and eventually you'll get what you want, assuming of course it's something the Wishing Well will give out. :)

I've never had a wish granted but I haven't made frequent wishes. I also ask for avatar items - snorkle snout or bag of peanuts.

I wish twice a day and have been doing so for about 1.5 months. I have won 3 times, 1x fountain faerie stamp, 1x family portrait stamp and 1 bag of peanuts. I am going to start collecting stamps a bit more seriously so will start wishing for more of those.

:0 Wow you are really lucky!! I will definitely start wishing for stamps as well when/if I get the things I've currently been wishing for :)

After reading this topic I decided to wish 7 times, 22 NP each and I WON!!! WOOHOO!!

154 NP for a Bag of Peanuts...not too shabby!!

Finally got some good luck over here :)

Omg congrats!!! Not to shabby at all! I'm so glad you got what you wanted :)

a jhudora wig of some sort and the spring path background (back when it was worth like 300k) i have been granted...i dont wish often but i should more for the halloween bags to open. :) good luck to you!

I've never won anything from it :( Though I don't donate to the wishing well very often. I'm going to follow some of the advice on this thread and donate regularly to see if I get lucky!

I've only been wishing almost every day for the past two weeks and haven't gotten anything yet, but I think it's definitely worth a shot to try! I'll definitely keep wishing! A lot of people here gave some great advice and it seems like lots of people have gotten their wishes granted :)

a jhudora wig of some sort and the spring path background (back when it was worth like 300k) i have been granted...i dont wish often but i should more for the halloween bags to open. :) good luck to you!

Yeah that is a great idea! It seems that a lot of people wish for those, since you would definitely make a good profit if you get one.

Thanks, you too!

I've gotten my wish granted twice from what I remember. The very first time I tried it (with the 21np and full 7 wishes) last year I got my Bag of Peanuts for the avatar. And then I got a UB stamp that I sold.

I should really start wishing again so I can hopefully get a Snorkle Snout

• 1 month later...

I just got my second wish granted! In what I think was a pretty short time span! :-D

First times I just wished for Bag of Peanuts, after I got that one, I started wishing for Snorkle Snout, and today I got one, yay!

"Congratulations! Your wish has really come true! That donation of 21 NeoPoints you made to the Neopian Wishing

Well was worth it, because you have been granted the following item : Snorkle Snout . It will be in your inventory when you go to
Neopets next. Thanks a lot, and hope to see you soon! The Neopets Team"

I'm pretty new to Neopets, what item should I wish for just to turn a profit? I'm not too interested in any specific items/collections really, I'd rather have an item to sell to get Neopoints for something later when I finally decide on what I want. Any suggestions?

Ive tried many times, and still nothing. I donated the amount for the avatar requirement once, and was hoping to get something out of that, but nothing. Is it best to be specific with your wishes, or more general, like "stamp?"

SiuKingBon:

Check the items granted to users, for the most part they are Unbuyable items (UB). They will all turn profit for you. And you have to donate at least 21nps to get an item.

I meant, when you are at the wishing well page, look under the area where you donate, and you will see a list of items granted. The Well can be found in Neopia Plaza

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't post multiple times in a row. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm pretty new to Neopets, what item should I wish for just to turn a profit? I'm not too interested in any specific items/collections really, I'd rather have an item to sell to get Neopoints for something later when I finally decide on what I want. Any suggestions?

There are some restrictions in regards to rarity, but kad food will probably get you some money, but I think it is hard to sell.

I wished for Bag of Peanuts and Snorkle Snout for the avatar.

I generally seem to have pretty good luck with the Wishing Well. Overall, I think I've had around 20 wishes granted in the last year or so.

I know people who do the wishing well as part of their dailies for stamps... but I fugure the chances are so small, why bother?

You'd think the chances are small, but it all just comes down to randomness and luck. I wish daily for stamps and I remember a 7 day period where I had 5 wishes granted.

The chances might not be good, you might not win for a long time (I haven't had a wish granted for quite awhile), but it's quick and cheap, so I figure it's worth the chance, no matter how small, because you never know.

Yes, I've won a few times wishing for Bag of peanuts or Snorkle snout. Each day I made 7 wishes and donated 25 nps each time.

wishing is part of my dailies and I've had NUMEROUS wishes granted, I seriously lost count but yes, 21 NP is the minimum and it's the only amount I donate, any more and it's a waste really

my username is perduco and I just got back-to-back days of wishes granted (Island Chomby Plushie and Hubrid Nox Commemorative Stamp)

I can probably bet I've had about 40 wishes granted by now

after The Transition, it's been nice which is great since I had a long dry spell, only the Lottery hasn't been nice ever since I had my petpage http://www.neopets.com/~Megaura up. I've only won like once since May? :(

My brilliant self desperately wants the Rock petpet. (The description is "What can we say... It's a pet rock" & that's hilarious to me)

Should've written "Pet Rock" I guess, due to the fact that I received this today;

[theneopetsteam] The Neopets Team

Sent: 11/11/2014 04:17pm

Folder: Inbox

Subject: Congratulations!

Congratulations! Your wish has really come true! That donation of 22 NeoPoints you made to the Neopian Wishing
Well was worth it, because you have been granted the following item : Volcanic Rock . It will be in your inventory when you go to
Neopets next. Thanks a lot, and hope to see you soon! The Neopets Team

Womppp womppp :sad02:

My brilliant self desperately wants the Rock petpet. (The description is "What can we say... It's a pet rock" & that's hilarious to me)

Should've written "Pet Rock" I guess, due to the fact that I received this today;

Unfortunately you cannot get it from the Wishing Well. It gives only items with rarity of 89 or below. And the Rock is rarity 98. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Like someone else said, it's a good idea to check out what other people have been granted in the list at the bottom of the Wishing Well page. I personally have been wishing for Snorkle Snout because you can get an avatar from it and it is expensive to just buy. If you aren't collecting avatars and just want profit, items like Snorkle Snout and Bag of Peanuts are very profitable because people will buy them for a lot of money. A lot of people also wish for the Neopets 15th Birthday Goodie Bag, and I think you can make about 700k off of it. Also, any rare stamps are good. But just make sure to wish for things that are r89 or below, and to donate at least 21np, to have a chance at getting your wish. Good luck!!

wishing is part of my dailies and I've had NUMEROUS wishes granted, I seriously lost count but yes, 21 NP is the minimum and it's the only amount I donate, any more and it's a waste really

my username is perduco and I just got back-to-back days of wishes granted (Island Chomby Plushie and Hubrid Nox Commemorative Stamp)

I can probably bet I've had about 40 wishes granted by now

after The Transition, it's been nice which is great since I had a long dry spell, only the Lottery hasn't been nice ever since I had my petpage http://www.neopets.com/~Megaura up. I've only won like once since May? :(

Wow! Even though you haven't won recently, that is really impressive that you've gotten your wish so many times!! I will be sure to keep wishing and hope to be as lucky as you one day haha. Do you do 7 wishes twice a day? Or just one set within every 24 hours?

I haven't been Wishing for a few weeks, and on saturday (I think) I decided to wish again. For a stamp, and I got it, haha!

Lucky you!! Congratulations! I haven't been wishing a lot recently either, but I just started up again, so hopefully I finally get something xD