Chocolate Avatar Question

teeniem55

I really want that chocolate avi. Does anyone know when the best time is to catch the chocolate shop stocking for this, or is it just random?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. The board "Avatars: What have you got?" is for posting the avatars you have.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been SPLIT into a new topic. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.

It's random - you have to buy an item with r90 or above. I restock there a lot, and I still haven't managed to snag one! Almost but not quite..

Here is a list of all the items that would qualify:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/chocolate-list/

Half-price day is a good day to try for it. The shop moves fast, therefore it restocks more often. Look for anything that stocks 1 at a time, and is priced 2.5k+ or 5k+, that will likely be an r90+ item. On regular days they will be 5k+ and 10k+ items.

Oh, sorry, I never know where to post anything. I thought it was an avi question, so it was logical to post in the avi bored, since I had a post the other day that was locked because it wasn't. *cry*

Thanks for the info. I'll just keep my eyes out. I didn't know if there were certain times that restock or if it was just random.

It's random - you have to buy an item with r90 or above. I restock there a lot, and I still haven't managed to snag one! Almost but not quite..

Here is a list of all the items that would qualify:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/chocolate-list/

I don't think it's random tho - I'm pretty sure that, if you buy a r90+ item, you will get the avvie immediatelly.

Oh, sorry, I never know where to post anything. I thought it was an avi question, so it was logical to post in the avi bored, since I had a post the other day that was locked because it wasn't. *cry*

Thanks for the info. I'll just keep my eyes out. I didn't know if there were certain times that restock or if it was just random.

The times the shop restocks at are completely random, unfortunately. Just keep checking back and sooner or later you'll see something show up :)

I don't think it's random tho - I'm pretty sure that, if you buy a r90+ item, you will get the avvie immediatelly.

I was talking about when they restock! haha

Are there 5k+ and 10k+ items that aren't r90? Seems easy to make a lot of expensive mistakes here, I am so bad at restocking :(

chocolates don't start becoming 5k+ expensive until around r91, so it's a safe bet to buy those for your avi. there are a few r90+ chocolates that won't make a profit even though you'll get the avatar because they're given away in events. i'd familiarize yourself with a list of r90 chocolate, and if you can afford it, feel free to spend the np making mistakes. it's better than missing an opportunity.

Good luck to everyone trying for the avatar! Chocolate is one of my latest avvies after lurking the factory about 2 weeks. My shop still has a few factory items I bought trying to get the avatar. (:

Some tips that might help:

+ Lurk around 1-3 am NST if you can because less users are online, usually ~7.5k

+ I refreshed every :09 seconds but I've also seen suggestions to refresh every :05 seconds.

+ Have 5,000 copied and ready to paste ( or 2,500 if it's HPD)

+ Resize the factory page to see all the items at once without scrolling

+ Familiarize yourself with some items that will get you the avatar

+ After you click on an item, quickly press the "enter" key…I think it's a little faster than clicking the "ok" button with your cursor to get to the price page.