Lucky Day Fishing

Today, me and my three girls decided to go fishing. I thought we could use some family time together, so we brought along a picnic. Alu, the Xweetok, was very excited to go fishing. Sandrea, the Aisha was nose-deep in a book and too distracted to care about fishing, and Casura, the Ixi, was just plain depressed. "I had a bad day today, Mama." she said.

Once we got to the underwater fishing pocket, we sat down and enjoyed our meal of sandwiches and fresh fruit. Alu became the equivalent of bouncing off the walls, while Sandrea griped about spilling fruit juice on the edge of a crisp page of her book. Casura stared at the ground and sighed.

"All right girls, time to throw in the poles!" I said cheerily, handing them each a fishing pole.

Alu went first, and was almost too hyper to sit still and wait for a bite. Suddenly she got really excited, and then very, very disappointed. "Aww, a cubefish?" she grumbled, crossing her arms. "Come on!" she shouted, very annoyed.

Next, it was Sandrea's turn. "Mom, I was just getting to the good part of my book!" After a bit of badgering, she hesitantly put down her book and reluctantly tossed her lure into the water. A few minutes later, Sandrea scowled and said "hey, my book is getting all wet!". Sandrea reeled in her line to see an old rotten shoe on the end of her pole. "See Mom, this was pointless, and it ruined a good story." Sandrea shook her head in annoyance.

Casura's turn was last, and she was the least happy to be here. "Mom, there's no use in fishing. I never catch anything good!" Casura sighed with sorrow and sunk her lure into the water.

A few minutes later, Casura shouted, "whoa there! I got something!"

Lo and behold, Casura had caught a FLASK OF RAINBOW FOUNTAIN WATER.

"What is it, Mama?" We all stared at the flask with a stunned expression.

"Oh, I've heard of those." Sandrea quipped. "They're extremely rare here and they can paint us a random color if we drink it. It could also be worth a bunch of money."

Casura perked up. "Really? I actually caught something good?" Her expression softened. "Thanks Mom, this really makes my day. Thank you for taking us out to fish."

------------------------------------------------

And so now I have this flask and have zero interest in using it. I googled it, checked the SSW, the auction house, and the trading post and got nothing anywhere. No one has one up for sale, so I'm curious if anyone knows if anybody else got lucky to get one of these, and about how much it could be worth?

I am very curious about it, none the less.

And really, I've had a boring, monotone day today myself, and this stroke of luck made my day too.

What do you guys think? Anyone have a flask of rainbow fountain water or have an idea how much it could be worth to sell?

Also, did any of you have any luck fishing today?

Yay, congrats!! I never get anything interesting from fishing. Maybe some soggy boxes, but... :(

I remember buying one of those a few years back, around 1.5mil-ish, but I saw them go as cheap as 900k. It's probably just easier to advertise at a higher price, then haggle when you have an interested buyer.

Yay, congrats!! I never get anything interesting from fishing. Maybe some soggy boxes, but... :(

I remember buying one of those a few years back, around 1.5mil-ish, but I saw them go as cheap as 900k. It's probably just easier to advertise at a higher price, then haggle when you have an interested buyer.

Thanks! I was surprised at my luck today. (Casura's fishing skill is 277 by the way, Sandrea's is 278, and Alu's is 127.)

Maybe I'll put it on the TP, starting around 1.5 mil then, and haggle, I guess. I want to be fair, but I'm not sure what to work with since there's no one else with one for sale, I have no competition. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Edit: Thanks deltacow for the suggestion! I'll either sell it or keep it a little while just to see if someone else posts one. I think that at least 1 mil-1.5 mil is a fair price to start with. :)

Edit: Thank you Patti and Brianna! I thought you guys would enjoy a little story (and Sandrea in a hilariously nerdy mood) for a change! I just might enter something into the spotlight, maybe even poetry/storytelling. I might also try again to get into the NT. I'm glad you enjoyed my little story! <3

Edit: Thanks, Shelley! You all are so encouraging to me! I appreciate it. I hope you fish up something good real soon!

Edit: Thank you to Lia, Tracy, and Richard for the encouragement on my little story! x

First of all CONGRATS!Secondly I would advise selling it at 1 million np(or higher),personally if it was me I might of gave to my pets,I like to gamble lol.

so luckyy!!! oh man, I wish I would fish up something good one of these days. A titanic squid would make me happy XD

I also agree with the notion that you should do something with that good writing of yours. You could definitely get something published :)

I too enjoyed the story more than the point of it. LOL. At first I thought you were talking about a "real" fishing trip, but as I read further I realized you were talking about the underwater fishing vortex daily. You should try your "pen" at writing for the NT. Thanks for entertaining story, oh, BTW, good luck with your flask. I have yet to get anything good from fishing either. I thought the same about grave danger too until about 3 days ago when I got a maraquan petpet paint brush. I looked on the TP and saw only 2 of them and no prices, so I have no idea what to ask for it as I have no interest in painting any of my petpets maraquan.