Yay for making Rank 1!

WhiteWolf

After seven years of trying, only to get the Participant medal, I finally got to Rank 1 in the Altador Cup!! I doubt I'll make rank 2 this year, but just accomplishing rank 1 is huge for me!

awesome, you go! :D I participated in the AC once before this year and only played one game haha. So I'm happy to get into the game more this round. make sure you pick up your avatar :)

awesome, you go! :D I participated in the AC once before this year and only played one game haha. So I'm happy to get into the game more this round. make sure you pick up your avatar :)

Where or when do I get the avatar? Is it at the end of the AC tourney?

Yeah, ranking up is a real pain. I found a way to make it easier though. If you use TNT's Altador Cup calculator, you can figure out howm many games you need. Divide that by the remaining days of the tourney, and it becomes a little more manageable.

Congratulations! It feels like you have to play so many games just to get to Rank 1, so kudos! :)

Thanks! I tend to stick to one or two games I'm really good at, and play them constantly to rank up. It's a pain sometimes. I mean pain as in take a couple aspirin, and get back in there.

I'm really hoping to get a good prize this year. Has anyone heard anything about the prizes this year?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm almost rank 3! HA. I have never been great with the AC. I'm always just the participant, but since I am trying to rebuild my account...

Congrats! I really wanted to get involved in the AC this year but I GOT SO BORED SO QUICKLY. I'm only a rank 2 :<

That is exactly how I feel. By the time i finish two games of YYB, I'm ready to retire from the fields for life.

My issue with YYB is that the controls/ game play is super janky. I always manage to win, but only because the bots are... not smart aha.

Congratulations! :D It takes a lot of will power and determination to play these games over and over! I'm suffering trying to make it to All Star, but I'm still going. lol

Where or when do I get the avatar? Is it at the end of the AC tourney?

nope after you reach level one, go to the AC games page and play any game and you'll be awarded the avatar, you probably already have it, double check! :)

Thanks to Shelley, I got my avatar. Now there's only one question that's still bugging me. If I am Rank 1 at the end of this year's Altador Cup, does that rank roll over to next year's AC, or do I have to start all over again?

Thanks to Shelley, I got my avatar. Now there's only one question that's still bugging me. If I am Rank 1 at the end of this year's Altador Cup, does that rank roll over to next year's AC, or do I have to start all over again?

You'll probably have to start all over again. Everyone ends up starting off at Beginner again, as far as I've seen from everyone posting about their rank. :)

Congrats! This is my first year not just getting the Participant medal too :) I managed to grind my way to Rank 2 today and I'm going to try to make it as far as I can until the cup ends! It's such a pain right now, but I just console myself by reminding that it only comes once a year, haha

I have to start over next year? First, request permission to scream. Second, what if I don't switch teams? Do I keep my rank then?

*wanders off to find the aspirin for the incoming migraine*

Regardless of switching teams or not, you have to start over with ranking.

This is really a sporting event, so it starts fresh with each year/season, the way each sport does. Nothing will carry over.

Thanks, Spritzie! That will give me time to plot, er plan, how to get to the All-Star rank next year. At least I broke out of the Beginner rank this year. Maybe I can still get rank 2.

Congratulations! I usually only manage to squeak out Rank 1 each year (this year finally being the exception). It's a lot of playing just for the lower ranks; I don't know how the all-star players do it!

Even with Rank 1 you can still get enough points to score some decent prizes at the prize shop, like a book and a few wearables. Plus a nice new trophy for your user lookup! Yay! :)

Update: I actually managed to get to Rank 2! I'm hoping I have enough points to get some great prizes this year. No participant medal for me this year! A trophy would make me very happy. :)