Have you ever met a neofriend IRL?

Saxen

I'm traveling to San Francisco in October to meet with one of my neofriends and I was wondering if any of you have met any of yours before? If you have, how far did you travel/what was it like? ^^

385748-hobbit-gif.gif

I met a friend through a guild who I later met in "real life", but she was also a friend of a friend (that's how we ended up in the same guild) so I don't know if that counts. In any case we ended up taking the same dance class and she was a lot of fun.

I have met people that I met through other places, though, like internet forums. My boyfriend and I originally met online, actually, and I went to visit him across the country for the first time when we were still just friends. That was an adventure, haha.

Never went to see a neofriend but I have traveled from Sweden to (outside Sweden) Spain, Romania, Holland and Norway to meet friends from other games. A few trips have been lovely, a few have been weird. It's important that both you and your friend have been honest about who you are. If both of you have, then I'm pretty sure you two will tighten your bond and your trip will be a great success!

I have a friend I met through a different Neopets forum, and we'd been IMing for a few years, so when she came to my city for a conference, we met up for coffee. We've since met a couple of other times when she's come to town. She was pretty much the same person as she was online (we'd also become Facebook friends, which alleviated some of our worry about the other actually being a scary stalker dude). Just be safe (meet in a public space, let others know when and where the meeting is, etc.), and you should have a great time.

So glad to hear some success stories! I've met people from the internet before, but I've never traveled this far D:

It's something like 5,000 miles, so it's not a quick meeting XP I'm staying for 11 days. He lives in So Cal but we're staying in San Francisco cause there's more to do there. My dad knows that I'm going, and it's possible that I might see my cousins and aunt who live in Mill Valley while I'm there whom I haven't seen in years!

I'm 100% confident in my safety, I'm just really nervous that it will be mega awks xD

Yes, yes, I have.

Francineh came to Montreal a couple times in the past years, and we went out for lunch or dinner, and spent some time in the afternoon together. It went well. Also, he is very cheerful in real life. Like big smile on his face all the time. (Plus his French isn't terribad XD)

That's my only success story though. I was supposed to see Izzy when she came in Canada, but I had a really nasty cold and couldn't go out :(

And when I was younger, I had become friend with someone through forums and such. We had became penpals and later we met. I went to her appartment and we went to see Shrek 2. That's the last time I heard of her. XD

Nope, I don't have too many Neofriends to begin with but the ones that I do have tend to live on the other end of the world.

I have a few irl friends that play, though.

Like many others in this thread, NFs, no...other online friends, yes. (My Neofriendships are just too fleeting, I'm afraid. :( )

My first time was also my last trip to Las Vegas in 2008. I had been in "Wizard School" (don't even ask...OI!) and one of the ladies from my "house" lived in Vegas. She invited me to an annual event that she goes to and I thought it sounded fun, so off I went! Actually, I met quite a few people during that trip. There was a gal from...I don't remember if she was actually from Quebec or was just fluent in French (probably both)...that asked if anyone wanted to spend time together and that sort of thing, so I volunteered. She changed hotels so she could be closer to me and we spent a lot of time together. So much fun! (And there was also the magician that I met that I'd seen on television. :D )

I finally met one of my internet friends (after five years!) in April and we spent a long weekend together. She has health problems, but we still went so many places that I was plum tuckered out by Sunday!

I've met 3 of my online friends so far! Not from Neo but from other places. One was a friend of a friend who I was introduced to over IM. Another was a girl from Texas (I'm from Mexico) who I met on a cat SIM game and met up with IRL like 8 years later. Another girl was from Australia and I met her after 3 years of knowing her, we met up in NYC :)

I've never actually met a neofriend :( well aside from the people I know in real life that play haha. Although I'm not opposed to meeting my neofriends at all, I think it would be a lot of fun! Just video chatting with neofriends would be neat! haha ..although oh my gosh, I can be so awkward :X

lol this reminds me of when I went to college, before I even went to orientation we had this like freshman cafe website that was just this kind of social network site...I talked to a lot of people and made friends just chatting..then when I met them in person when I got to college..some were a lot different lol. I still got along with them though, but none really resulted in close friendships :/

haha I hope your adventure isn't too awkward!! I've always wanted to go to San Francisco :D

I'd met two of my old guildmates when I lived in NYC - it was fun! :D Obviously we had other things in common other than Neopets, so it wasn't like a little Neopets meeting xD We had coffee and pastries! One of them lived outside the city so she only came for a short while, but the other one lived in the same part of the city I did! So we went out a few times to see museums and even went to the Central Park zoo :)

It's interesting to meet people in real life, normally when you make that move, you have friends for life! I know I do!

OH, I just remembered, I met an old boyfriend on neopets. I was thinking I'd met him somewhere else, so I just mentioned the current boyfriend, but I actually met him on the neoboards when we were like 13. We exchanged emails and lost touch but started talking again when we were about 15. So I guess I have met a neofriend after all.

I have met people in RL that I first got to know on the internet and we have travelled half way and met up and spent a weekend together as friends, that worked very well and we now get together as friends a couple of times a year.

I have met other people in a similar way and it has worked out really well but Im an adult (wouldnt recommend doing this if you are not an adult) and I also make sure I talk to people on the phone first so that I know its not someone creepy or something.

I've met a couple people through Neo, with plans to meet a third. They're all old guild buddies who I added on facebook and had been friends with for a while before meeting. The first two I flew over to their places on the other side of the country, number three and I are currently planning a Vegas trip B) All in all I've never had anything but a great time, I encourage everyone to do the same if they're so inclined. Just, you know, be smart about it

I've never met a neofriend in person, but I play with a few IRL friends. I have met friends from a couple of forums that I used to post in. Usually it was not me traveling to meet them though, I traveled to Ireland because it was on my bucket list and met a friend I had online, we met at a pub and had an amazing time exploring and rolling down hills. I was going to go back to my hostel but instead we went back to her house and stayed up all night getting to know each-other. She went to college at UT Austin and we lived together for two years, shes still a good friend of mine and was a bridesmaid at my wedding c:

I did have one bad experience though with a guy I met playing WoW. It wasn't terrible but he was literally the most boring/negative person I have ever met. We went out to lunch and he spent the entire time making fun at everyone and everything. I figured some people take a while to open up so I hung out with him 3 more times. Each time was worse then the first.

But I would love to meet some neofriends IRL! Have fun in San Francisco, I was born there and just spent my honeymoon there, it was beautiful as always! And if you can look into citypass, its $86 a person and you get passes to all the museums and cruises plus buss fair, including unlimited trolly rides c:

Yay for San Francisco!! :D Sorry about your boring friend. I guess we can't click with everyone.

Yeah - I met a woman who I clicked with and I found out that she played NP. We became NFs and then I just found out that she's a cheater. Ugh!!