PS4 should I get one?

Naamah D.

After hearing all of the issues PS4 apparently has I'm hesitant to get one. I asked my brother who knows a lot about consoles and he said that I should get one. I'm a huge PlayStation fan. I'm just worried that I'll get a PS4 and it will have some difficulties. The new Xbox One without Kinect is coming out on my birthday. That's the same day that I'm possibly getting a PS4. I have $585.00 total in birthday money so I want to get a console while I have the money.

21 is a huge age and I want something nice and not just a bunch of small gifts. I'm not too big of an Xbox fan. I have an Xbox 360, but I don't use it as much as my PS3. Besides all of of the games that I want on PS4 are also available on Xbox One (Thief, Watch Dogs, Injustice Gods Among Us, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty Ghosts, Mortal Kombat X etc...) so I'm pretty torn about what console to get.

Help?

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! My PS3 is probably/possibly dying and I am waiting until the PS4 has been out for long enough to get the kinks worked out. The PS3 had issues with their first gen console (which I regrettably got the day it came out) but any next gen console will have these issues. I have only heard grumbling from the xbox community (which I have a 360 as well) but if you like Sony, stick with em'. I still regret wasting the money on upgrading to the 360 slim, as it gathers dust on my entertainment center.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! My PS3 is probably/possibly dying and I am waiting until the PS4 has been out for long enough to get the kinks worked out. The PS3 had issues with their first gen console (which I regrettably got the day it came out) but any next gen console will have these issues. I have only heard grumbling from the xbox community (which I have a 360 as well) but if you like Sony, stick with em'. I still regret wasting the money on upgrading to the 360 slim, as it gathers dust on my entertainment center.

Do you think that a lot of the kinks have been worked out already? I want to get one on Monday or Tuesday.

No! There aren't enough good games out right now, and it's really buggy.

My friend bought a PS4 and the only game he was interested in that was out was Watchdogs which is the buggiest game on planet Earth.

For the current price tag and lack of games I'd wait at least 6 months until purchasing, that's what I plan to do. *pats trusty PS3*

No! There aren't enough good games out right now, and it's really buggy.

My friend bought a PS4 and the only game he was interested in that was out was Watchdogs which is the buggiest game on planet Earth.

For the current price tag and lack of games I'd wait at least 6 months until purchasing, that's what I plan to do. *pats trusty PS3*

That's exactly why I'm starting to consider an Xbox One for my birthday. It's very rare when I have this much money so I might as well put it towards something good.

How long have you had your PS3? I may just upgrade to a PS3 Super Slim even though I got my PS3 in 2010 and the thing still works!

Get a PS3, I don't really see any reason to get a PS4 right now. I also would never buy an xbone. I say stick with PS3 because all games released on PS4 are also on 3

I agree with Navy, it's better to wait until games that are worth buying are out and most of the bugs have been fixed. By that time the price may even be reduced. As for the Xbox One, in my opinion it is not worth it at all. Spec wise the PS4 is better, and even without the previously-required Kinect I don't think it's worth the price. If you have the patience I'd say definitely try to wait it out a few months.

save your money and wait until all the bugs are fixed if you are leaning towards a ps4. i am so surprised at how many ppl cannot save money and just need to spend it as soon as they get it- just another skill you might be happy you learned so young in life. save save save.

xbox and halo reach (and neopets) are my best friends. i only ever played dragon age ii on ps3, but it plays just as well on the xbox. but i guess i am easily pleased. "i don't need a stable relationship, all i need is a stable internet connection."

I like buying some things and then saving the money left over. I hope to get 3-5 new games on Monday or Tuesday.

Vespacide, you are 100% correct on how all of the games I want are already and are going to be available on PS3. I have 56GB left on my PS3 Slim and just talked to my dad, the guy who is responsible for my being a gamer and got some input. I'm afraid to think about what kind of girl I would've been if my mom hadn't of met him lol.

That's exactly why I'm starting to consider an Xbox One for my birthday. It's very rare when I have this much money so I might as well put it towards something good.

How long have you had your PS3? I may just upgrade to a PS3 Super Slim even though I got my PS3 in 2010 and the thing still works!

I've had my PS3 for 4 years and it's still running like it's brand new, the fact that the PS4 isn't backwards compatible is disappointing, but I heard it had something to do with using different types of discs and the disc reader for the PS4 is incapable of running both.

I've had my "new" PS3 for over four years as well and it still runs like a champ. It only began acting oddly last week but I suspect that has something to do with my almost toddlers discovering it and being in the "hit something hard with something else hard" phase. :sad01_anim:

Looking for a new way to situate/store my consoles so prevent the tv from being next.

I would wait as well. I'd say a year after release personally and go with the PS4. From the time I got my PS2 & XBOX (same day) until now, i've gone through 3 playstation consoles (including upgrading) and 6+ xbox consoles.

It's your money and if you want a new console then enjoy but I think the Xbox One needs to be out for awhile longer as well, I've heard not so great things on that front. In addition to them not being as reliable and just generally creepy in how they treat customers. Only wish that Gears of War were on the PS3.

I'd go for a nice bottle of liquor or something :)

If you want a PS4 just wait because it only has a few games and the PS3 is still getting games for it.My grandma has a PS4 and I haven't noticed any bugs although it isn't used much. Also with the Xbox One I can't say much about that or Xbox either since I only played one game on the first one and I only played Call Of Duty at my cousin's house on his Xbox 360 with him but it would also might be a good idea to wait on the Xbox One since I don't think there's much for it also it seems Microsoft isn't really a favorite with their Xbox One with fans due to the way the Xbox One works. I had a PS3 since Christmas and it is the best console I have next to the 3DS,computer,Wii,and Gamecube which are all the consoles I have. Also it seems where i am at it's hard to get a PS3 because all the Gamestops seem to have way more Xbox Ones. I think the glitches may have been worked out already because they sold the PS4 consoles in batches and at day one that was the first batch and now I think it's either the 2nd or 3rd batch so most glitches might be worked out.

I was really tempted to buy in back in March along with Infamous:Second Son, but I was told to wait about 6-9 months, so things could be smoothed out. I'm planning on getting it around Oct/Nov. (I too was thinking about buying one for my 21st :P ) I'm currently saving for one.

No there aren't a lot of games out right now, but I still have loads of PS3 games to finish, and there are still loads I still have yet to play, so it doesn't bother me if there aren't many games at the moment for PS4. My PS3 turned 4 in Feb, and I have only just upgraded to a 1TB HDD from a 120GB HDD. It still plays good as new too! :)

I bought a PS Vita about 6 months ago too, which will come in handy for remote play on the PS4.

I would say yes, get a PS4 but wait just a little longer!

I would wait for either of them, honestly. They both have their kinks that need to be worked out, but beyond that they just haven't released many games for them yet. At least not many exclusive games. A lot of the games for PS4/Xbox One are also available for PS3/360.

I know that I myself was waiting for Microsoft to release the One without the kinect (which I'm very excited that they're doing because I really REALLY do not want the kinect). But even with the new kinect-less consoles I'm still waiting. The main game I want for the One is Halo (both Guardians and the rumored remaster for 2), so I personally won't be buying an Xbox until Halo comes out. And for the PS4 I likely won't be buying until Arkham Knight comes out, or The Order depending on which ends up coming out first. None of which will be out until 2015 so I'm glad that I want to wait that long anyway, to let them both work out as many bugs as they can before then.

It's really all your decision in the end though, that's just my personal reasoning :)

My advice: wait until there is at least one game that you just can't live without for the PS4 and buy the machine then. That will give Sony time to work out all the first, second and third production run bugs. You might even get lucky on a price reduction by that time. First run is notoriously buggy since they're trying to rush them out for a deadline. Second run will be better, but they're still playing catch-up on all the orders that they couldn't fill from the pre-orders. Third run and later is your best bet for a really good machine. That's when they really hit their stride and they start putting in more memory or extra features and such. I've been asking around and there's all sorts of problems with the current batch. You can't play your own music files, videos, etc. They hope to have it fixed soon, but soon is a relative term. Soon to us gamers is yesterday. Soon to Sony is maybe next year. *shrug*

Personally, I'm waiting until Fallout 4 is released and will buy both it and a PS4 at the same time. It will be time to call in a delivery service for all my groceries and lock the front door for six to eight months because I'll be away in the Commonwealth (formerly known as Boston), blasting whatever mutated sickos are in the nuclear wastelands. My NeoPets will see me once a month, just long enough to put them in the NeoLodge. The only thing that would be worse is Elder Scrolls 6. No one will see me for at least two years if it's anything like ES5: Skyrim. :laughingsmiley:

Last word: XBox One is a machine I will never be buying for one really big reason (beside it's being Microsoft, which I hate): trust issues. Just because they promised not to put in all of the horrible things that scared gamers away before the launch date, it doesn't mean that they won't do it all in a forced upgrade down the road. In short, I don't trust the *bleeeeeeeeep*. (Insert your own angry expletive.) This is the kind of thing Microsoft is famous for. So far, Sony's been pretty up front and honest. They really do listen to their customers and they don't try and stick us with stuff we don't want. (My only complaint is no backwards compatibility.) They even cut the price right out of the starting gate. That makes them the console war winners in my book. Microsoft will have to pretty much give me a free XBox one before I'll own it. :thumbsdown:

(Sorry for the long post.)

I agree with Vespacide. You should get a PS3 because most of the games are for that console. There may be one or two PS4 games that you covet, but it's really not worth it for just those games.

I used to have a PS2 (still have it since some of my faves are PS2 only). When it came time for my fiance and I to look at a new system, we considered the three P's carefully: Popularity, Price, and Plethera.

Popularity- Self-explanatory.

Price- Is the console a good price for however many GBs of hard drive you're getting? Excluding new releases, are the games priced within your budget?

Plethera- How many games are out now? You should be able to pick out about ten games you would love to have at that moment.

I hope this advice helps you. :)

I agree with Vespacide. You should get a PS3 because most of the games are for that console. There may be one or two PS4 games that you covet, but it's really not worth it for just those games.

I used to have a PS2 (still have it since some of my faves are PS2 only). When it came time for my fiance and I to look at a new system, we considered the three P's carefully: Popularity, Price, and Plethera.

Popularity- Self-explanatory.

Price- Is the console a good price for however many GBs of hard drive you're getting? Excluding new releases, are the games priced within your budget?

Plethera- How many games are out now? You should be able to pick out about ten games you would love to have at that moment.

I hope this advice helps you. :)

A PS3 is a definite must have console. Better yet, if you can find one, get a backwards compatible PS3. Try really hard for second run. That was a great production piece of hardware. I know it's only 60 GB, but it's still worth it. My first one lasted almost 9 years of very heavy usage. There are a ton of fabulous games you can get for the PS3 and if you can get the backwards compatible one, you can add every single PS1 and PS2 game to that list. (I actually cried when mine died. I had to physically take it apart to rescue the Skyrim disc out of it. I had some fabulous saves on that machine. *sniffle*)

Anyway, that's the best one for your money, especially if you have a lot of PlayStation games in your library. I have a refurbished one that I got 2 months ago from a reputable dealer (EB Games in Canada). If you can find one, you really can't go wrong. As soon as the new slim-line PS3 I have going now has bitten the dust, I'll be switching back to the older machine. Then I don't have to keep switching back and forth between the PS3 and the platinum edition PS2 I still use. (Got lucky on a deal with that PS2 - the department store was going out of business and they had them on sale for $60.)

Then again... maybe you're not a retrogamer and only play the lastest, greatest games? In that case, I guess you'd better get a PS4 ASAP. Whatever your gaming style, I hope you figure it out and have fun! :)

If you're looking for games *now*, Xbox 360 or PS3.

Future-proofing wise, Xbox One or PS4. If you want more than just gaming and want entertainment features (Netflix, Skype, etc), then Xbox One (also Kinect/move games). If it's just games with controllers then PS4 (though the game selection is limited right now).

Wikipedia maintains extensive lists of games for the Xbox One and PS4 here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

(PC/Steam's good too :whistle:)

A PS3 is a definite must have console. Better yet, if you can find one, get a backwards compatible PS3. Try really hard for second run. That was a great production piece of hardware. I know it's only 60 GB, but it's still worth it. My first one lasted almost 9 years of very heavy usage. There are a ton of fabulous games you can get for the PS3 and if you can get the backwards compatible one, you can add every single PS1 and PS2 game to that list. (I actually cried when mine died. I had to physically take it apart to rescue the Skyrim disc out of it. I had some fabulous saves on that machine. *sniffle*)

Anyway, that's the best one for your money, especially if you have a lot of PlayStation games in your library. I have a refurbished one that I got 2 months ago from a reputable dealer (EB Games in Canada). If you can find one, you really can't go wrong. As soon as the new slim-line PS3 I have going now has bitten the dust, I'll be switching back to the older machine. Then I don't have to keep switching back and forth between the PS3 and the platinum edition PS2 I still use. (Got lucky on a deal with that PS2 - the department store was going out of business and they had them on sale for $60.)

Then again... maybe you're not a retrogamer and only play the lastest, greatest games? In that case, I guess you'd better get a PS4 ASAP. Whatever your gaming style, I hope you figure it out and have fun! :)

A backwards compatible PS3 lasted you 9 years?! I hope that my PS3 slim last me that long. I just hope that when I go to Gamestop I won't walk out without a console.

Oh my gosh!!! I found the PS3 that you're talking about in a mall near where I live!!! There are so many PS1 and PS2 games that I can play as well as my PS3 games. I know that my PS3 Slim still works, but the thought of something that can play my current PS3 games and PS1 and PS2 games sounds to good to be true!

Do you think that I should get it?

the problem with finding one that's backwards compatible is you'll have to buy it used, and you'll have no idea how well it was treated, just exterior condition

I had a backward compatible PS3. I strongly suggest you make sure that there are PS2/PS1 games you're interested in playing, because I only got it to play Kingdom Hearts (which now has, or will have PS3 versions).

I had a backward compatible PS3. I strongly suggest you make sure that there are PS2/PS1 games you're interested in playing, because I only got it to play Kingdom Hearts (which now has, or will have PS3 versions).

There's only one PS2 game that I'm really interested in (Tekken Tag Tournament). I read that it doesn't work well with the backwards compatible PS3. I wanted to play Manhunt for a while, but I read and heard that Manhunt and Manhunt 2 are absolutely disgusting. I play Mortal Kombat, but syringes? It's bad enough that I have to run up stairs when I see needles on a TV Show.

I actually talked to a person who said that it all depends on what games I like. Zelda and Mario are cool and all, but I prefer games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Mortal Kombat (obviously), Final Fantasy, Mass Effect and the list goes on (I forgot to add Dead or Alive to that list). The reason I brought Zelda and Mario into this subject is that I was also considering a Wii U.