Can I get frozen if my sister plays a game for me?

Trisloth

Vague title... My sister is really, really good at flash games on Neopets, and I'm not... Well, I saw that she got the Freaked avatar and I really, really wanted one as well, so she was nice enough to play Korbats Lab on my account to try to get the avatar for me.

Well, she got a really high score but it ended up getting reviewed. Will I get frozen?

Having someone else play a game on your account is a freezable offense, yes. I can't say for certain if you're going to get frozen this time, but basically if you don't get frozen, you should donate the NP to the money tree, knowing you dodged a bullet, and don't do it a second time :)

you're not allowed to share accounts...I believe this is considered cheating and a freezable offense. Someone else earning an avatar for you is a big no...so I would avoid doing this in the future

EDIT: Lydia beat me to it haha ...donating to the money tree is a nice thought :) (plus then you don't have to live with the guilt!) haha

*laughs* You did a good job of mentioning the exact reason it's not allowed. Sharing accounts is a big no-no on Neopets.

I recommend donating the money because that seems to be TNT's response to, say, accidentally doing a dailiy on your side. Discard the item. Of course, you can't discard neopets, but you could help out someone in need instead :)

if you are bad at a game and all of a sudden you get a Trophy or Avatar score ... TNT are going to get suspicious and follow your account closely .. if it happens again .. BAAM you're frozen ..

it happened to a bunch of Neopians who were considered ELITE a few years ago .. Jazz , Cindy , Otters and a couple others .. apparently they were real life friends who would gather on one computer and play games for each other to earn avatars .. they were ALL frozen ..

Almost any type of online game bans the act of sharing accounts for any reason, Neopets being no different.

I don't see how (as long as you use the same computer) they could tell which one of you was /actually/ sitting there, playing the game. I think you'd be fine, myself. I mean, as long as your not /really/ cheating or scamming someone else, they don't normally care.

...Sometimes, when I need some NP on a side account, I play Fashion Fever because I'm too lazy to transfer the money from my main. :*

That's what I thought, Breazie...if you're using the same computer and the same account, who's going to know?

But yes, if it's a different computer, it could be a different IP address and then DANGER! O.o

I think that when a score is reviewed they look at what your scores have been up to that point and if suddenly there is a huge improvement they will suspect that you have cheated somehow, which is what has happened here.

I hope you dont get frozen and I doubt that you will for one suspicious score but I wouldnt risk it again if I was you otherwise they may well freeze you..and is it really worth having an avatar that says 'hey I did this yay' when in fact YOU didnt do it!

You might get a lot better at games if you work at it and then you can smile and know you EARNED those avatars all by yourself :)

I think that when a score is reviewed they look at what your scores have been up to that point and if suddenly there is a huge improvement they will suspect that you have cheated somehow, which is what has happened here.

I hope you dont get frozen and I doubt that you will for one suspicious score but I wouldnt risk it again if I was you otherwise they may well freeze you..and is it really worth having an avatar that says 'hey I did this yay' when in fact YOU didnt do it!

You might get a lot better at games if you work at it and then you can smile and know you EARNED those avatars all by yourself :)

This is exactly my thought. When I get game avvies I love the fact of knowing that I earned it. My Neoquest II avvies and trophy mean a lot to me because I earned them, and they are not easy to earn. Lol. But the point is, what fun is a game avvie that you did not earn yourself? Great point AJ.

I have had that before..there was a game I had not played in along time and looked up a guide for it and did really well, enough to on the high score table. They gave me a warning for using cheating devices and denied my score. I still do not get where on earth they got that idea....

ah ok. I just wondered because I am visually impaired and so am physically unable to play a lot of the avatar games due to my poor sight and subsequent lack of hand eye co-ordination :(

I have practiced a lot and am very close on some games, but I am unable to get the score needed despite trying for years. :(

I know that feeling, I have fail majorly at most games because my eyes can't keep up with the movements of the game, but I play to my best ability.

I suggest to keep trying, but do not share your account with anyone, it's not only against the rule, but TNT is pretty good at keeping up with these sorts of things and I do not want to hear you've had your account frozen.