What is your first memory of neopets?

Snowbell

For each of us there is something more than just a website that keeps us playing neopets.

My first memory of playing neopets was watching my friend haggle on some organic food for her neopet claiming its better for them and helps prevent sickness.

I got really excited and made an account at her house. I was so thrilled that I adopted four Kougras right off the bat. My cloud Kougra (Waybawob) was the very first pet I ever created. Poor Way got sick right when I started and I spent all my points on medicine and "healthy food".

so... Why do you play neopets? What is your first memory of Neopets?

For many of us this is our childhood website.

(So much nostalgia)

Be warned: I will most likely reply many posts...

I remember getting a toy from Burger King that was a small Disco JubJub plushie and I made a account the next day. Also one of the first ever memories I had of from Neopets was going to the Organic Food shop and a random event of a lupe pirate or perhaps it was Dr.Sloth (? threatening to fight my neopet if I ever went there again r if they saw me again they would challenge them to a fight in the Battledome it scared me a lot because I was nervous about fighting them in the Battledome I think I was 5 and it was probably sometime near midnight I was on and I avoided the Organic Food shop until my account was about 2 or 3 years old and even then I'm still careful about going to the Organic Food shop. Due to that event happening I have been feeding my neopets slushies and anything else away from the shop.

I started Neopets when I was 10. I saw an ad for it and I got so excited that I immediately made an account. My first pet ever was a Shoyru. Sadly, though, she was never activated and got rejected. I made a second account shortly after, hoping it wouldn't be such a disaster. It was successful and I played for a long time. But then school took over and I had to begin studying instead of tapping away on the computer. I came after I graduated from high school and went back. I have played on Neopets ever since... And it's as addictive as always... :)

I've also convinced some of my friends and family to make accounts also... And they begin to realize its addictiveness too; but I'm the on,y one that will actually go on daily. :P

P.S. I made a new account about three months ago; before I discovered TDN.

I remember watching a friend play at her house, I guess we were about 10. She was poor but insisted on buying expensive smoothies (well, expensive relative to her bank account) because she wanted her pets to have "good" food. She didn't play a lot of the flash games, mostly just Deckswabber and Swarm. That's probably why she didn't have a ton of np. Anyway, I made an account when I got home and that was that.

I remember my cousin doing digital drawings of neopets..and when she won the beauty contest I thought she was practically famous! lol after I had been playing for a few years when I was around 12 my best friend quit playing and gave me 300k I thought I was so rich!! of course that account is gone now...along with the disco kougra I painted with the money I was given :(

haha I just had my neopets magazines out and was reading them :D

@velvaden

Did you use the potion or sell it? I wish I got something like that when I started out.

--> Aww I'm sorry about that, the nerve of some people. Sometimes its hard to trust people with your neopets.

@homuraakemithehero

Do you still have the plushie! I really want a neopet plushie... Lol thats actually really funny I bet you're tough enough now.

@Totu479

School does take up a lot of time... its difficult to balance school works and free time. Your account looks great so its definatly been a success.

@agrinwithoutacat

Haha, you friends sounds a lot like mine.

@Angeló

Whats half-life? I spend way more time on neopets than I do facebook.

--> that game sounds pretty sweet. I have currently been enjoying Titanfall!

@shelleyjoy

I am sorry you lost your account, what happened?

@Aquamentis12

I just took a look at your account and Kaibajouryuuki is beautiful! I think I had a glitch with the trading post once. Congrats on the potion! I think its really cool how much thought you put into your pet name.

@kaybee92

Same here, during Photo class and IT I just hangout on neopets when I get bored. I have to take a required IT class over the summer. Aren't you glad you found neopets though? Maybe that class wasn't a complete waste.

--> Wow, then I take that back. Regardless of discovering neopets I guess it was a good class. For some technology clicks, for other... not as much. That makes sense.

@Breaziecat

My brother has an account too, he only plays to challenge me at a game of keyquest. Neopet toys! What did you get? Thats sounds so cute!

@starstop_98

Your Cybunny is adorable! I am a HUGE cybunny fan as well. I am saving up for a cybunny morphing potion for a 4000+ WN Grundo I adopted.

@flyingeevee

That is a really sweet story! I am glad she introduced you to neopets your account is gorgeous! I agree that the UC Xweetok is cuter but trust me its still adorable. PS:Eevee is my absolute favorite pokémon in the entire world! I have an entire eevee team I raised from an egg and ev trained on my ds.

@xonceinadream

Same, when I was new everything was much more exciting to explore, but being an older player has its benefits. First off you actually know what you're doings. Second, your account really become impressive and you have your groups, neofriends, and advanced game!

@Ranaki

I checked out your pets and your Cybunnies are adorable! Your transperent Uni is so scary and beautiful at the same time! Haha this is thr perfect place to talk about your history on neopets! Thats why I made this form.

@stupidyou3

Aww I am sorry you lost your Eyire, I noticed on your main you didn't have one (any replacement). Did you try to create one under the same name? How many years until you lose your account?

@decchild

Your account seems to be really kicking off so don't worry. I had to start over as well. I put a fake birthday in my snowbellperson_5 account and just recently got sent the info. Cute neopets!

@Azurablue

Haha "the neopets bug" I am going to start calling it that. I think almost everyone goes through on and off phases. As long as you don't lose your account.

@caleew

Oh I remember when they used to advertise neopets. It used to be so much bigger back in the day.

@temari

You are definately making it up now! No worries. By looking at your account I can really tell you take good care of them.

At first, I was skeptical about playing, but a now ex-friend, got me into the game. They wanted someone to be able to play the game with. And so I spent a few days looking at the various pets, and names. The only pet I REALLY liked was the Peophin. Much like the mythical Hippocampus, basically a mythical giant seahorse, though spelled the same way as the part of the brain. lol Made searching difficult.

Eventually, I came across Kaibajouryuuki, which according to the one site I found, listed it as the Japanese name/word for the Hippocampus, (not the brain part). XD

It's Kind of like that movie, Dragon Heart. The knight doesn't know what to call the dragon, besides "Dragon", until he looks at the night sky and sees the constellation Draco, which is what he begins to call the dragon. "Dragon, in another language". Basically. XD

Anyway, I still remember the first Codestone I found through an r/e, it was an Orn codestone. And my FIRST trade offer-ever. It glitched after my offer was accepted and I lost my HARD-EARNED 11k for a Spider Liquorice that never arrived. I avoided the TP like the plague after that. >_O

Coolest accomplishment was getting a Honey Potion from Illusen, without knowing anything about her quests. lol Except they were something to do. ;) That Honey Potion served me well for years! :D

My parents insisted on us being the typical overachieving Latino children so they signed me up for some sort of summer course in which I learned how to use Word, Excel, design websites, etc at age 8 or 9, since the year had to be around 2001 or 2002. Since the classes were so boring and I picked up the instructions really quickly, I somehow ended up googling "pet websites" and stumbled upon NeoPets. The rest of that summer I just played Neo instead of paying attention in class, and yet somehow ended up making a horrible Card Captor Sakura website with lots of rainbow colors and bold and Comic Sans.

I used it one my Blue Grundo. c: The sad thing is I fell for a scam a year later, but ah well. xD

@velvaden

Did you use the potion or sell it? I wish I got something like that when I started out.

@kaybee92

Same here, during Photo class and IT I just hangout on neopets when I get bored. I have to take a required IT class over the summer. Aren't you glad you found neopets though? Maybe that class wasn't a complete waste.

Haha I mean i was like 8 and remember 8 year olds in developing countries back then didn't have all that great access to computers, so it wasn't a total waste! It was just very slow and repetitive bc most of the people taking it weren't really comfortable around computers.

One of my family members was playing it so I just joined to kill time but fell in love quickly. As soon as I saw the Cybunny I had to have one and I spent a lot of time in the pound looking for one and finally got one.

I don't think I can ever forget my first time on Neopets.

I was actually 15 when my cousin paid me a visit at my parent's house and his father brought an old friend. She was around 30ish but was very into Neopets and would get on daily while telling me about her and my uncle's life in the army. She showed me around the site, her pets, and the overall cuteness of it all back when it had the old layout. I was instantly in love with the original Xweetok design and with her help, I made my account and made Beauty9004. She showed me where all the dailies were, how to run my shop and gifted me a free Nerkmid to sell (instant 99k in the bank), and just made plenty of memories before she had to go back home. That was the first and last time I've seen her and she stopped getting on after a few years. She actually left me a Thank You card both on Neopets and IRL for just always being sweet to her. In the real card, she said to always stay sweet and enjoy Neopets!

It was reading the board title that made me think of her again. She's the reason I even made an account all those years ago and I can't help but thank her for showing me this wonderful site.

Plus, the old Xweetok design is something I really miss from the old days. Beauty was actually way cuter than she already is back in the day :P

xweetok_spotted_baby.gif

I honestly don't remember the first time that I ever played Neopets. I feel like I should since it was only 7 years ago but I couldn't even begin to imagine it.

My earliest memories on Neopets, though, are being so very new. I thought I was awesome when I bought things from shops and put them in my shop since I was getting things from ~far away like the Haunted Woods.

My 8th grade teacher told me about the site. I would always doodle animals on my school/homework, usually foxes, and she said it had a bunch of stuff to do that I might like. Started out with my green Uni (or was he blue...?) and I still have him, zapped him bunches, but now that he's Transparent, I don't think I want to anymore xD, got my Cybunny on CyDay, several months later found a faerie PB through an R/E, painted my Cy and still have her. I also got an Ice Bori when they first came out, but I put her up for adoption, so she reverted to blue. Remembered the name a couple days ago, x-ferred my new-ish Mutant Eyrie to an alt account and re-adopted the Bori, she was stuck in the pound this WHOLE time T___T

And I'm digressing <_< over explanation FTL

Guest Sabs

I remember Neopets from my roommate during my first year of college. I noticed it on her laptop a lot when studying lol, so I asked what it was. I eventually created an account, and Neopets has been in my life every since. :P

@Angeló

Whats half-life? I spend way more time on neopets than I do facebook.

Half-life is a first-person shooting game that was released in 98 or 99 .. which can be played on a network and you have to shoot monsters (another version of it is Half-Life Counter Strike in which you shoot other army guys , more famous as Counter-Strike) ... we used to play both ...

I used to have an Eyrie when I was a kid, one of the earliest memories I can remember is when I usually go to an internet cafe' just to play neopets, but after years of not using the account it was purged. Now I'm back playing, though I still miss my Eyrie very much...

My friend got me to create an account when we were both at the library! Back then household computers weren't common (boy do I feel old admitting this!) so we ended up making accounts and being neofriends and stuff. Silly me used my first name as my username.

That account is long gone, but I really do miss it. I had all these really cool things like treasure maps and fancy neggs on it.

First memory of NeoPets: I started playing NeoPets right after moving out to my own place. No pets were allowed in the building and I really wanted something. Back then, Tamagochis and Furbys were really popular toys, but I got bored with them after a week or two. A friend told me to try searching for a virtual pet online, that there were some really interesting things you could download. I stumbled across NeoPets and immediately fell in love with the gryphon-like Eyrie. That did it for me. I was really hooked when someone told me to try the Fruit Machine in the Lost Desert. First time out, I won a silver paintbrush. That got my OCD going.

Why do I still play NeoPets? I was pretty awful at first. I went through a manic period where I could barely stay off the site. That lasted about seven months. Life got in the way and I had to cut it back. After I got a copy of Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion for the PS3, I was on that for 9 hour stretches. I was only on NeoPets long enough to do a few dailies and to make sure they were happy at the NeoLodge. When I got Fallout 3, I was on NeoPets once a month, just long enough to renew their 28 day stay at the lodge. Suddenly, about two and a half years ago, I got bitten by the NeoPets bug again. I haven't stopped since. I'm on 5 to 7 days a week now, except for holidays. I started with one pet and now have 4. I can't have real pets, so this is the best I can do.

My first memory of neopets was when I found it - there's a competition on the Harry Potter website around the second film (maybe to be an extra?) and you had to find owls on the pages they sent you to - and one of them was the neopets central! I was really intrigued and instantly signed up :) sadly I got bored but came back with this account ^_^

my first memory would be the green kau that i created. i don't even remember the account name or the pet name any more but i actually feel heaps bad for not being able to take care of my pets. now i feel like i owe every green kau an apology and a hug ahahaha

I remember getting a toy from Burger King that was a small Disco JubJub plushie and I made a account the next day. Also one of the first ever memories I had of from Neopets was going to the Organic Food shop and a random event of a lupe pirate or perhaps it was Dr.Sloth (? threatening to fight my neopet if I ever went there again r if they saw me again they would challenge them to a fight in the Battledome it scared me a lot because I was nervous about fighting them in the Battledome I think I was 5 and it was probably sometime near midnight I was on and I avoided the Organic Food shop until my account was about 2 or 3 years old and even then I'm still careful about going to the Organic Food shop. Due to that event happening I have been feeding my neopets slushies and anything else away from the shop.

That is so funny because i have been playing for over six years now which means i was about 36 and I was nervous about fighting in the battledome even then. I would get so nervous, my stomach would knot up. LOL. So I can imagine how a young child would feel. And back then the battledome was much different than it is now. You didn't get the chance to go back and forth. If I remember correctly, the quickest on the draw, the strongest, and the one with the best weapons won. It was more scarey.