Neopets vs real life confusion.

erato_

Am I the only one?
I just ate a Cadbury Creme Egg, which my lovely English friends got me for Easter, but for some reason I always tend to call them Creme Neggs.
And when I see a rabbit, I easily go; ooooh, look at that pretty Cy!
Both without meaning or wanting to.

Anyone else with this "problem"? :P

Guest Sabs

I come very close to confusing email with neomail sometimes. x_x I'm glad I haven't made that mistake with professional emails. lol

One time I was volunteering at an English as a Second Language camp, and I had the students playing a game where they had to think of an animal for each letter of the alphabet. A= armadillo, B= bat and so on. The students were having some difficulty thinking of an animal to go with K, so I said, in all seriousness, "That's easy -- what about a Kougra?!"

Students: "What's a Kougra?"

...took me a while to realize the problem and then try to explain it. :S

Yes, though I don't feel like mine is quite as big (I try really, really hard not to mix them up xD). I went to pay for something with my debit card, and I literally just froze for a second after typing in the first digit. I was putting in my Neo pin, and for the life of me, I couldn't remember my debit card pin for a couple of minutes. I just stood there looking blankly at the screen and the cashier :weird:

Those all seem like mistakes I would make too :p
Neopets, chudoingtomeh? D:

My only regular mistake is spelling fairy like faerie!

English is not my first language, but I'm pretty sure you can spell it both ways ^^

hahah these are all great XD

I can't really think of any confusion recently haha although when I was younger I thought the word "inventory" was pronounced "invent-ery"...I didn't think it was an actual word I thought was just a made up place to keep neo-items. I remember hearing the word in real life thinking "wait what??"

hahah these are all great XD

I can't really think of any confusion recently haha although when I was younger I thought the word "inventory" was pronounced "invent-ery"...I didn't think it was an actual word I thought was just a made up place to keep neo-items. I remember hearing the word in real life thinking "wait what??"

I had something like that too

My dad was planning a trip to England not so long ago, and he was telling me about a place they wanted to visit called Beddgelert, which means "Gelert's Grave" and that Gelert was the dog of a prince. In the legend the prince comes back home from a hunt, but he can't find his newborn anywhere and all he sees is the cradle overturned, and the dog with a blood-smeared mouth. Immediately he thinks the dog killed the baby and he draws his sword and kills the dog. But when the dog is dead he hears the baby crying and turns the craddle over only to see a dead wolf, which had probably tried to attack the baby but had been killed by Gelert. The prince feels so guilty that he buries the dog and the spot where he lies is supposedly Beddgelert.

It might just be an urban legend, but it sure as hell raised my fondness for my own Gelerts :)