~ Maraqua Support Thread ~ :: The Wave Is Coming

Saxen

Same here, although I'm going to try and focus on Slushie Slinger which will mean it's going to take a lot longer ¬_¬

Haha XD all of the AC games make me do that XP I both love and hate this event.

I do think it should only be two weeks long - give kids a chance to actually get outside and enjoy their summers!

Especially the amount of play-time needed to rank up D:

Me too :( It's one of those things that gets REALLY trying after a while XP

Yay congrats!! ^^

I'm hoping to get to rank 1 today as well, my internet doesn't wanna play ball though (ho ho...)

Well, I'm done for today.

dbk1hf.jpg

Reached rank 1 -> competitive urges satisfied

Even number on wins -> OCD happy :')

I might play some more tonight, but for now back to real life :P

Does it take 35 wins to level to rank 1? Or was it a number of factors?

You should check out this page Madie, tis a rank calculator ^^ http://thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/rank-calculator/

I feel more confident with the lowered caps. Having 1201 in mind for SOSD, 762 seems low, but that will give me some additional time to work on some other games.

Definitely maxing SOSD today and seeing how many Slushie Slinger and MSN games I can add.

You should check out this page Madie, tis a rank calculator ^^ http://thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/rank-calculator/

Thank you Saxen, I was looking for something like this :)

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/

^ When you visit the link above and look in your "stats" area, there is a ranking above the game title "Slushie Slinger". If you click on your ranking, a window will open and tell you the number of games you need to rank up.

I'm really happy with how well we did yesterday, especially considering how glitchy things were. Krawk Island is definitely not an easy team to go up against. We usually have a slow start, but I think we did really well.

I'm glad to know it wasn't just me that was lagging badly in yyb! EASY shots are lagging and therefore not being launched when I release the buttons, tackles aren't working right, etc. -_- If TNT is going to have a massive site event like this, why can't they allocate more resources so that it doesn't slow things down so much? I just looked at my average, and while my average goals per game 2 years ago, after an extended hiatus, and getting used to the new (compared to the first 2 ACs) YYB game, I averaged 8.5 goals per game. Last year, even though I only made rank 6, My average was 9.4 goals per game. This year, I'm losing easy-shot goals because of the lag. My GPG average so far after 50 games is 8.86 goals per game. So, somewhere in between my previous 2 years of YYB. What's frustrating is that I KNOW if not for the lagging, I'd have a higher average. I don't know if goals count toward Prize shop points or not, but I do believe that the more goals scored, the quicker the game timer goes, thus it helps to get more games in. ;) It's just really frustrating when the darn computer wants to go one way, and I want it to go another. ;)

That being said, GO MARAQUA! :D

Congrats on reaching the cap! I hope so too. I noticed that Elon is 4th in the Goals per game ranking. I think it was last year that he was tops pretty much the entire AC. I guess we gotta get more goals with him, boost him up in those rankings! :D Just checked my numbers and his average per game with me is. 7.3867 (I'm stopping after 4 decimals because that's what the charts stop at) My GPG average stands now at 9.3867. Not a bad improvement over a few days ago! I'll make it to over 1000 goals in my 107th game. Unless I get a couple Darigan yooyus that eat up the time. lol

I'm currently Rank 3, have not had a lot of time to play today. :( I know a couple people in my guild are higher in ranking, not sure of their other stats though as to what support games they may have been playing, but every little bit helps. :)

Oh well, KEEP UP THE PRESSURE Maraqua!! :D

Edit: Just got my 1st and 2nd 14-point games against Kreludor! :D Even if I don't make All-Star, again, One of my goals is to meet or beat my all-time best score of 15 goals. (From AC VII) Even though this is an edit, I'll reiterate; GO MARAQUA! :D

Ugh finals have left me so behind on the AC! As well as being distracted by other sites...and just being out in the early summer weather. And celebrating being done with classes, lol.

I'll see if I can try and hit the cap on YYB today. Then tackle the side games. :P Gotta get my rank up a few levels today.

Worse, we're plummeting towards last place. I hoped the new bracket would allow us to rise from our slump, but no such luck.

This bracket system has just made us suffer. Our team used to be better than this. With different teams winning each year, and Virtupets appearing to be winning AGAIN, this shows clear signs of bandwagoning. Which has probably been occurring since the very first cup.

Well then, when will they bandwagon our team? Or did they already when we reached 4th one year and abandon us after that, disappointed or just thinking 4th was "good enough"?

The same with Shenkuu after it reached 2nd.

Just got back from my cousin's wedding, I didn't get much YYB in obviously, which was frustrating, but had a BLAST at the wedding! :D. I'm only about halfway to rank 5 though. Still, my goals per game average has gotten better. 9.987 goals per game. I just wish the goals counted toward rank, not greatly, but maybe help a LITTLE bit. Or maybe the gpg average. Would be nice, since having over 1000 games of YYB to play yet for the All-Star ranking IS rather daunting.

Yeah, the losses in this new bracket was a real surprise! Granted, I found Virtupets, had a little time to play last night before I left for home, to be very good at stealing the yooyu. And Elon, is still 4th as far as his goals per game average. I hope he can get bumped up a couple ranks at least!

Congrats! 10 is halfway there! :D

Yeah, I can't believe how poorly the team is doing in the standings. :( Even Elon, is stuck STILL, in 4th place as far as goals per game averages go. I'm doing almost double what his GPG average is. Seriously, My GPGA is 10.2840. I figure, the more goals I get, the faster the clock winds down, which means I can fit in more YYB games in less time. I was inspired to keep track of my goals average because of Elon's poor performance. I mean, we didn't win last year, but at least Elon was tops when it came to scoring goals! :) At least I THINK that was last year. lol

Anyway, I'm about 16 games away from Rank 7. I was just taking a little break to check things here.

Keep going everyone! Even if we (the team) don't do so well this year, we can still play our best to boost our individual rankings! And who knows, maybe doing that we'll (the team) do better than we think we'll do collectively. ;)

Best of luck to all! :D