What do you spend your allowance/spare cash on?

Naamah D.

I like to buy whatever I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I buy some new clothes, but ever since my mom and I had to clean the living heck out of my room when my closet was overflowing I don't think I'll be buying clothes anytime soon with the exception of new pants this month. Ripped pants are horrible.

My mom is having back surgery this month so this month I'm getting some movies, three books, Blue Exorcist Vol.2, a new game for my 3DS, a new journal and an encyclopedia on Demonology (my user name is in that encyclopedia! Yay!!!) so she can rest and heal.

And of course, new pants. So what I buy all depends.

P.S. Due to my mom's surgery I don't know how active I will be. She has friends to help, but I would feel so guilty if I didn't pitch in.

My current splurge of choice is makeup. I am a Sephora addict and I have an ever-growing list of products I want to try. I'm also a sucker for handbags and jewelry...it all depends on who I'm shopping with and the kind of mood I'm in.

Well... It's not very often that I will have spare cash so I wouldn't spend it right away. I would keep my eye on one item, and only one item so I don't go cuckoo! I would save it up until I get enough money to buy it and then... Well, buy the item! Usually, I'm on the lookout for new books and popular fads that are going around.

P.S. I know it's a weird habit, but after I buy the item, I always mourn over what I could've bought instead. :P

It might sound boring but I like making my home more enjoyable to live in. Im planning to put in a fish pond with a waterfall and lots of interesting and attractive plants and decorations, I also want to convert a building into a summer house/room so I can enjoy the garden more.and go out there and relax with a book and watch the birds.

I used to like buying minatures for dolls houses and making them too, but these days I prefer working on the real thing..still enjoy my dolls houses though

I am really big into the craft beer scene, especially after working at a pub over the summer that has over 1,000 craft beers in stock and on tap. They are really expensive (between 5-20$ per beer) so up until recently every penny I have extra has gone to that. But since I have sworn off smoking and drinking for at least a month to get my body healthy and my mind clear, I have been saving my money.

Aside from beer, I spend all my money on my house. We just bought our house about a year ago so new windows, floors, doors, etc. has me quite broke. Also spend a lot of money on food (I'm a glutton) and fishing supplies. My boy is more into fishing than I am, so it's a common hobby that we both like to spend most of our free time and money on.

I don't buy a lot of clothes, I basically wear the same holey black jeans and band t-shirts every day. My style isn't really catered to in my region so anytime I end up buying clothes I never wear them because they just look ridiculous on me. Plus my body shape is very peculiar in that no sizes fit my body right. If it fits in one area it certainly never fits in another. So clothing is frustrating for me because things either fit an area too tightly or they're too big and they hang off of my body. Merrrr. Just the thought of clothes shopping gives me anxiety haha.

LOL what extra cash :arrowhead:

But I usually like to buy cosmetics and jewelry

I especially like really bizarre jewelry...and things hand made. And also any "out of the ordinary" clothing (especially skirts and leggings)

and then I'll splurge on some more expensive paint colors.

I hardly ever have any spare cash. If I do have spare money, I like to treat myself to various pampering items (lately, it's been bubble bath sets and perfumes) or tea and a new good book. I have my eye on a nice summer dress, so maybe I'll get that soon.

Lately, my spare cash has been going towards going out to lunch with friends or buying something to spoil my fuzzy babies. I truly do spoil those two cats, but I love them, so sometimes extra cash equals an extra toy or something, lol.

Spare cash... good joke you got there. XD

If I have any money I normally spend it on video games,books, or the computer games on Steam. When I do buy anything though I try to make the most out of what I'm buying or what I can get from the store also I always keep an eye out for things on sales. Most of the time though I save up just in case a game I want might come out.

• 2 weeks later...

My current splurge of choice is makeup. I am a Sephora addict and I have an ever-growing list of products I want to try. I'm also a sucker for handbags and jewelry...it all depends on who I'm shopping with and the kind of mood I'm in.

Aww yeah, so am I! I run a beauty blog, so I feel it's almost an obligation to buy new things to try. I've already got VIB and Ulta Platinum memberships going through to 2015. Whoops.

But make up has been my biggest splurge. That and nail polish. I've recently begun purchasing foreign and indie nail polishes from Llarowe and adding to my 250+ nail polish hoard. I used to purchase designer handbags, but after moving out bills have taken priority (as they should) and my fun money has been impacted (obviously). Nail polish and cosmetics is a rather inexpensive way to splurge. :D

I usually spend all my spare cash on house stuff. We moved into a huge place that is easily three times the space of my last place, so it feels so empty.

I'm not used to having a craft room, and right now it only has one tiny little desk in it and nothing else.