How on earth do people kad?!

Saxen

Seriously O.O

I've been waiting for almost an hour. This is so time consuming! I swear these times are pulled out of thin air XD

Fed my first one earlier because it was UB and I was like ... meh, I really want to feed at least one haha

There's usually a tracking board on avchat (unless they moved boards) with a few guides linked in the first post. Finding that will be a huge help.

I SW fed as opposed to inventory fed (quickly shop wiz'd the item instead of having a bunch of items in my inventory) and it took me about a month or so to get the avatar. Staying up late also helped because there weren't many people online kadding (at least the hardcores were in bed!)

I'm on the board - the one in games - but a lot of the time they don't refresh when it says - it did about ten minutes ago but I panicked and missed it xD

I have a bunch of crap in my inventory with a similar word in, and I have that word on ctrl+f in case it pops up, also trying to wiz feed but gaahh I suck haha

A month?! :O Nice one!

I'll probably try during the day tomorrow ^^

Is this morning NST or your own time zone?

Saxen, it's kind of both - I'm am east coast in the states so 7-8 am my time is 4-5 am NST.

This is mostly when I did it, too. After 1 AM NST was the most successful "in a row" feeds for me.

Once you get a hang of the times, Shannon, you'll ace Kad feeding!

Good luck to all of you! I usually feed in the morning too haha, around 3am NST. I used to feed during the day also, but not anymore, extremely time consuming haha ^^ I'm hoping to get the avvie sometimes this month or in May :3

Who keeps leaving them in those shelters?! So rude, so cruel

Ikr! Some people... xP

Saxen, it's kind of both - I'm am east coast in the states so 7-8 am my time is 4-5 am NST.

Ohh I see! Cool ^^ That's the afternoon for me so perf!

This is mostly when I did it, too. After 1 AM NST was the most successful "in a row" feeds for me.

Once you get a hang of the times, Shannon, you'll ace Kad feeding!

Awesome thanks both of you! I'll definitely be kadding at that hour :D

I hope so :* the avatar is so purdy and I've run out of games I can play for new avs XD

P.S you remember my real name :wub_anim:

I want to try to feed too but have never seen anything other than UBs. On the rare chance that I'm awake to play Deadly Dice--I'm going to try and Kad!

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardlist.phtml?board=23

^ They have a board there that post times if you wanna try it ^^

It's definitely harder to kad these days then when I started. Back then, there was less than a row of UB cages.

Anyway, here are some helpful tips. Zoom out the window so you can see all cages. Select one cage that you will be searching in SW for the next restock. It's a big help if you know the usernames of regular overfeeders so you don't select their cage. It's not impossible to beat them, but they got more practice than you... and are likely to click faster :P

On average, I was happy when I got 3 or 4 feeds the same day. It took me some time to get the avatar... (6 months maybe) because I wasn't totally focussed.

Last thing, it's totally possible to get the avatar without doing a single UB feed. I did it :P Also my 74 first kads were mains, and I got screenies of most of them. Yup. Number 75 was uber special since it happened to be a mini and during a Kad reunion event too. ^^

Thanks so much for those tips, Xepha! Incredibly helpful :)

I wish I'd screenied my first feed :'( silly me

I really doubt I could ever feed one. Some of the food I have never even seen before! One of these days, though...I would like to feed one and get that trophy!!

I tried for about a month one summer and completely gave up. I don't think I even successfully fed one. I tried inventory feeding and SW feeding and neither worked for me. So I completely understand your frustrations. Good luck to you! Maybe one day I'll try again but not anytime soon.

Yeah I've given up for the time being as well xP I want to focus on reaching Honorary with Ellos and then I'll probably take it up again, simply for the avatar.

As for the overfeeders... I get that it's something to do on the site, but really, it's almost like some people get a kick out of making it harder for others which is quite sad and a real shame.

I have no idea how folks have the patience to Kad with regularity.

I tried off and on for YEARS to feed just ONE of em...and only succeeded a couple months ago (I just happened to have the item on hand in inventory).

I'm happy with my 1 Kad fed trophy...maybe someday I'll try for numero dos, but, I highly doubt I will ever have the avatar.

:P

Haha congratulations on your one! I think I will also have just the one for quite some time... :P

I am not going to 'name names', but, I traded an item to a user today who had....wait for it...over 16,000 Kads fed. :whaa:

It was like 16,675. :weird:

I cannot even begin to imagine spending that much time feeding those whiny critters...oy.

:P

WHAT! That's just... oh my O.O

Kadding is soo time consuming they must have spent literally hundreds of hours doing it D:

Awwww! That happens to me every time I come close as well. I'm sure you'll feed one really soon once you get used to the panic xP

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck feeding!

I usually tried to feed around 1-3 am NST because it's slower then. I could actually refresh the page and there were still many kads to be fed.

I tried all the methods of feeding (inventory, sdb, and sw). Inventory feeding was my least favorite method because you either need a themed food item or you have to memorize what you have. My favorite way to feed was via sw.

Have two windows open, one for the Kadoatery and the other with the sw (on at least two tabs). If you feed by sw, make sure you're inventory isn't full. As soon as you buy an item, click on the kad you intend to feed.

I think the most important part of feeding is being on time for the main refresh. Kadding doesn't have to be expensive. I made a rule to never spend more than 5k on an item. Remember you can get food from dice-a-roo and dailies like Tombola, Altador prizes daily, and Qasalan Expellibox...

Watch out for 1np items such as Star Fish Sandwich and Pimplepepper.