What is up with TNT deleting pets lately?

Capirinha is also an alcoholic drink (well, super close to it at least- the p and i are switched in the drink). I once had an account deleted that was named nicotine, so I'm not surprised that drinks aren't allowed too. And LGBT definitely doesn't fall in their guidelines. I wouldn't say they're any more delete happy than normal.

Rebecca beat me to it.

Yep...Caipirinha is a drink popular in Brazil--it's a rum drink. I have a magician friend who is fond of them and an actor I like who likes them, too.

I've reported other users for inappropriate pet names before, myself (though only once or twice and clearly not you).

I'd say that unless you're using real names, google them before naming pets. It's probably safer.

---

For a reference, mine are...

• Empress of the Night
  • Isis-Andraste (two goddesses)
  • Rob Wilson (the male model on The Price is Right)
  • Lord Koschei (a tribute to The Master, of Doctor Who fame)
  • Miss Kotora (Miss Little Tiger)

I don't understand why you would report a user beacause of their pets name. If it's an alcoholic drink or a slang word, doesnt matter. That should be in their filter of what you can and cannot use for a name. It's up to TNT, not you. I just don't understand Neopets users that report others for "offenses" that seriously, aren't that offensive. I don't mean to be rude or mean, but really. I get so tired of seing others on Neopets that are so report happy. If you get so offended through Neopets (a family friendly site), maybe you should just stick to PBS.com or something. :/

BTW: I've never gotten a warning, never been iced. I play by the rules and I understand why the rules are in place. There's no need for offensive names on a family friendly site, but if it's a questionable offense (a closely spelled alcoholic drink) let it slide and move on with your life. I just have never reported anyone before because I have never had a valid, reasonable excuse to do so. Seems like others see it deifferently. :/

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't understand why you would report a user beacause of their pets name. If it's an alcoholic drink or a slang word, doesnt matter. That should be in their filter of what you can and cannot use for a name. It's up to TNT, not you. I just don't understand Neopets users that report others for "offenses" that seriously, aren't that offensive. I don't mean to be rude or mean, but really. I get so tired of seing others on Neopets that are so report happy. If you get so offended through Neopets (a family friendly site), maybe you should just stick to PBS.com or something. :/

Sometimes things slip past the filters. An intentional misspelling of something crude, a slang word, etc. While many adults use Neopets, so do many children. It's a clean, kid-friendly site. If I came across someone with pets that were obviously intended to have vulgar names, I would report them as well. That's not what Neopets is for.

I don't mean to be rude or sound judgemental about anyone, but I agree that there is a time and a place for everything. NeoPets isn't the place for adult humour or jokes. First and foremost, it was started as a family friendly place for people of all ages to come and have fun. There is more than enough places out there in the Net for people to go who want to name things inappropriately and get away with it.

I'm not a prude, but I do believe that there are rules in place for a good reason. We are supposed to be a civilized society and as such, we need to act appropriately. NeoPets is a gentle, fun place for people of all ages to play nice with others. (Except, apparently, in the Battledome forum. I found that out the hard way and haven't been back since I was harassed rather brutally.)

All that said... I really do believe that TNT should allow for people to be given the chance to change the pet's name to something within the site's guidelines. Simply deleting a pet without a chance to make amends is a bit strong. I think that they do it this way to save time and effort. Not really fair, but there it is.

I agree with Sweet D: when in doubt, check it out. Google it before using it and see if there is any way that it could be used inappropriately. If so, try something else instead. Remember where you are and the age groups involved. If you wouldn't say it to a five-year-old, then don't use it at NeoPets.

:thumbsup:

I don't mean to be rude or sound judgemental about anyone, but I agree that there is a time and a place for everything. NeoPets isn't the place for adult humour or jokes. First and foremost, it was started as a family friendly place for people of all ages to come and have fun. There is more than enough places out there in the Net for people to go who want to name things inappropriately and get away with it.

I'm not a prude, but I do believe that there are rules in place for a good reason. We are supposed to be a civilized society and as such, we need to act appropriately. NeoPets is a gentle, fun place for people of all ages to play nice with others. (Except, apparently, in the Battledome forum. I found that out the hard way and haven't been back since I was harassed rather brutally.)

All that said... I really do believe that TNT should allow for people to be given the chance to change the pet's name to something within the site's guidelines. Simply deleting a pet without a chance to make amends is a bit strong. I think that they do it this way to save time and effort. Not really fair, but there it is.

I agree with Sweet D: when in doubt, check it out. Google it before using it and see if there is any way that it could be used inappropriately. If so, try something else instead. Remember where you are and the age groups involved. If you wouldn't say it to a five-year-old, then don't use it at NeoPets.

:thumbsup:

Most pets that get deleted are done pretty quickly, it seems. Older pets are often 'grandfathered', which is why you do see some pets with questionable names on old accounts. So there isn't a lot of danger of established pets, that have been trained or painted to be deleted.

But yes, I agree. :D We're all on Neo to have fun- and the rules are in place to make sure that we all do.

Rebecca beat me to it.

Yep...Caipirinha is a drink popular in Brazil--it's a rum drink. I have a magician friend who is fond of them and an actor I like who likes them, too.

Hahahaha, it's not rum-made! It's made with cachaça, a very strong alchool beverage made from sugar cane. And Regan and Rebecca, the correct spelling is caipirinha, as Sweet D wrote :D

Anyways, yeah, inappropriate and stuff. *yawns at TNT*

Hahahaha, it's not rum-made!

As the Poles say, "Not my circus, not my monkeys." (And one of the gentlemen in question is definitely a monkey!)

It's up to TNT, not you. I just don't understand Neopets users that report others for "offenses" that seriously, aren't that offensive. I don't mean to be rude or mean, but really. I get so tired of seing others on Neopets that are so report happy. If you get so offended through Neopets (a family friendly site), maybe you should just stick to PBS.com or something. :/

Actually, you are being mean and rude. You do not know me and therefore have zero right to blow me off as a prude. I am as bleep-y and crass as it gets--I just have to hold it back here and elsewhere, because that's what civilized persons do.

But I also take the old "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude. And it's not "up to TNT, not {me}". There are millions of users, millions of pets and likely thousands of pages. They cannot be everywhere every minute and rely on people like me and the other users who sided with me above to report inappropriate names, scams and other things that would harm the site and its (supposedly) young fanbase. Just because I don't agree with the stringency of some of the rules, doesn't mean I can't work to uphold those same rules. That's what being a good user and a fair player is all about.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not remove mod edits.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.