Kelpbeards Trident? or something else ?

I have done some research on weapons because Im thinking its time to upgrade from my cute and quite effective Dr Sloths Bath buddy's and it seems to be that the best thing to buy is going to be Kelpbeards Trident, it says it averages 18 icon damage

At just over 8 million its a big purchase for me, so can I ask what other people have tried and does this seem like the right choice as a constant? I already have a ghostkerbomb which I love.

has anyone got a Kelpbeards Trident .. is it worth the np?

I only play 1P

I use one in my battle set, and I have to say... it's quite deadly. If you like water icons, then it's perfect for you too. If you would like a different type of icons, then look into anagram swords.

hmmm sorry to sound a bit daft but is there much difference between it being a lot of water icons or other kinds of icons?

I just thought it was kind of- big number of icons good, less icons less good :*

Im guessing some opponents get hit harder with water other with ... other stuff? if you had to choose between having just an anagram sword or KT which would you choose? that is for general everyday 1P?

..... runs off to have a look at anagram swords as well .......

As you may know... icons get blocked by shields. So if your opponent is able to block most or all your water icons, you won't be doing any damage. An example is if I use my Kelpbeards Trident against someone who is using a Faerie Tabard to defend themselve. All my water icons would get blocked, as well as all 5 physical icons. During that round, I would do any damage.

However, none of the regular 1p opponent are using a Faerie Tabard in their set. Therefore, if that's what you are usually playing... you would be deadly. :P

Also, each icon do the same damage, pertaining that they aren't blocked. And it depends of your STR boost.

Some icons are more easily blocked than others. For example, Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield is a pretty common shield at this level of battle, so you might not want to invest in a Sword of Thgil if you play 2-P. Some 1-P opponents are better defended against certain icon types than others. Since you know exactly what weapons a 1-P opponent has, you can exploit their weaknesses by choosing weapons that either avoid the icons they block or overpower them with those icon types (though typically for 1-P avoiding icons they block is best).

I use Kelpbeards Trident in my set along with my G-Bomb. I like it. Of course, I'm typically using it with Lens Flare or Warlock's Rage so the number of icons matters more to me than the type, and it's the cheapest of all of the averaging-18-icon constants (including the anagram swords).

Faerie Tabard is another common choice for a shield, and it is a full water blocker.

Sword of Reif is a pretty popular choice for an anagram sword, if you decide to go that route.

(Edit: Xepha pwned me!)

I also have a KBT; I bought it during the Obelisk War and it helped me beat all the baddies (even Apathy once... because I got lucky with the timing....). Combined with another constant and Lens Flare, I can 1-hit Kanrik and the other faction leaders, which helps me accumulate battles in the skirmishes quickly (I recently bought a G-bomb, but it still takes 2 weapons for the bosses).

I upgraded from double YB and HCC. I also play only 1P, and I really like the KBT.

Thanks for starting the topic, I was actually thinking about the same question! I guess I am convinced to buy the KBT now.

Anyone know how much it is going for right now? Is 8.4 mil reasonable or can I push the price lower?

For one player I would get the KBT if you want a better constant. I say this because I actually do have one in my set along with Sword of Reif and the G-bomb. If your level is high enough like lamppost said to have warlocks rage and lens Flare then you just have to be able to do a ton of damage the first few rounds and it doesn't matter the icons are.

KBT sell in the HT for 9 mil so they are relatively consistent pricing so if you can get it at 8.4 I would say go for it. It won't go much lower and it will only go up if it retires. Even if you get the 3% discount (8.73 mil) that is still cheaper.

As you may know... icons get blocked by shields. So if your opponent is able to block most or all your water icons, you won't be doing any damage. An example is if I use my Kelpbeards Trident against someone who is using a Faerie Tabard to defend themselve. All my water icons would get blocked, as well as all 5 physical icons. During that round, I would do any damage.

However, none of the regular 1p opponent are using a Faerie Tabard in their set. Therefore, if that's what you are usually playing... you would be deadly. :P

Also, each icon do the same damage, pertaining that they aren't blocked. And it depends of your STR boost.

Thanks Xepha for the clear explanation that helps a lot !

Thanks also to Batman and Siniri, very impressive actually beating apathy ... GASP! loads of useful info

lamppost its really useful to know that you are using the combination I am considering KBT and G-bomb, I too will be using lens flare and warlocks rage, since I am only planning to continue playing 1P this does seem like the best weapon for me right now so thanks for that

I have made my mind up with all this to buy KBT may wait til Hidden Tower discount day or see if there are any for sale other places

EDIT: bought KBT in auction for 8.4 and its as good as I hoped :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I know I am also a bit too late as you already bought a Kelpbeards Trident....

But I do suggest you couple it with a Skarls Hasty Mace, as the icon combination (Earth + Air & Water or Fire if you go buy a SoReif) is pretty hard to block. SHM also deals a lot of icons, although random.

• 1 month later...