Battledome troubles....?

Hi everyone. I'm having some trouble in the battledome. I'm fairly new to the whole thing; I just started doing the obelisk. I've noticed that a couple of battles that I've been in, the battle almost seems to stop. My opponent will either be a 0 or close to 0 hp, but then I am unable to do any further action. Nothing pops up saying I've won or lost, but when I check my stats page, it has them counted as wins. However, I don't win anything for these wins. Is this normal? Or is this my computer's fault?

Today I've fought the Minor Warlock and Amatuer Insider. Both start meditating at the end.

Good advice so far. Another thing to try, if it seems to hang up mid-battle or at the beginning of the battle, I sometimes will clcik on the Challenges tab from the battledome buttons atop the battle scene. Then I go there and can re-enter the battle by going in and clicking the appropriate button. Just don't click withdraw or you lose! lol

These little hangups might be because the BD is still in BETA-phase. The curved arrow button is the best way to go though if your battle seems to stop after your final attack. I notice it most when I switch windows while the battle animations are going. Then I have to click the little chircled arrow button near the big BATTLE button to get the animation to replay and THEN it will tell me if I won or lost, I prefer to win. ;) Good luck!

I had the exact same issue when using IE. I thought the same thing that you thought, I didn't win anything. I checked to see if I was still in a battle, I wasn't. However, when I went to my inventory, I had a Sho Codestone and 200 NPs. Hence, my rewards. I since realized, everytime I use IE, this is the case. When using Firefox, I have to click on "click here to claim your rewards". But with IE, I just go to my inventory and the rewards are there. Not sure why this is, but it is.

I had the exact same issue when using IE. I thought the same thing that you thought, I didn't win anything. I checked to see if I was still in a battle, I wasn't. However, when I went to my inventory, I had a Sho Codestone and 200 NPs. Hence, my rewards. I since realized, everytime I use IE, this is the case. When using Firefox, I have to click on "click here to claim your rewards". But with IE, I just go to my inventory and the rewards are there. Not sure why this is, but it is.

The new Battledome isn't compatible with IE anymore, so to get better results I would suggest another browser.

I was looking for the Battledome news page to get a direct quote about IE but I couldn't find it.

The new Battledome isn't compatible with IE anymore, so to get better results I would suggest another browser.

I was looking for the Battledome news page to get a direct quote about IE but I couldn't find it.

Really? Wow! The last time I saw anything about compatibility issues with the Battledome and IE, was with IE8. But should be workable with IE9, unless that's changed. It's been awhile since I tried battling with IE9, it glitched sometimes in IE9, not sure if that was IE9 or that the BD is still in the Beta-phase. But I use Firefox now for Neopets because it just makes sense. It seems that Neopets does not have any compatibility issues, at least none that I've heard of, or come across, with Firefox. So I'd recommend Firefox for battling or just site navigation even. ;)

I found the quote. It's on the Battledome Beta News page at http://www.neopets.com/dome/beta.phtml. Since the Obelisk War, there is not a link to this page on the Battledome, so you have to type it into your URL box.

Here's the quote. It's the second bullet under "Features."

• IE8 is not supported in the new BD. This is intentional. You will have issues if you use IE8! Please upgrade, or try a different browser.

Battles simply ending without a "VICTORY" screen was a problem for me for several months last year, and then spontaneously (as far as I can tell) fixed itself. As of yesterday, the problem is back, along with the return of not being able to equip from the stats page. Oddly enough, this is right around the time the BD stopped working last year. I've not come up with any way of fixing this, but the problem seems to pop up any time the BD is communicating with your inventory - I can unequip, but not equip, from the stats page, and I still get the battle ending message when I tie or lose. This is in IE10 - not IE8, which is the only version that is explicitly not supported. At any rate, my only advice is to switch browsers.