^_^ when the site was somewhat new and I had my old account (stopped playing for a while, account got deleted) there were people who had music in their shops, galleries, user look ups, even pet pages all could have music playing in them. I don't seem to come across a shop or anything that has music playing since I've had this new account. Now I'm turning to all of you here at TDNF wondering if anyone could help or even knows/remembers what I'm talking about

I know it was a while back not only because on my account but because some people just had music playing no visible player while others had it like people used to put on their Myspace pages. :laughingsmiley: lol Yes before Facebook and Twitter ect. I have two songs in mind for my shop I don't know if music is even feasible but if it is, can I put more then one song? lol I don't have anything in mind for my music in my gallery but I guess its good not to have to high of hopes lol. if all this is correct though, I might like to make some changes to my user look-up, pets pages ect. but I had this question ringing in my ear. :eh: :questionmark:

Thanks Everyone!

<3 darkestfairy56 <3

I remember the times it was possible, even had music in my shop (galleries didn't exist yet). I don't know if it's still possible though, I think they disabled it but haven't really looked into it.

Just like Rebecca says, nowadays I wouldn't want music in shops, it's loading so slow and can really annoy people so they will stay away. I feel the same about all those extra ads for guilds and stuff you sometimes see, you want to click on the item you want to buy and then those extra pics show up and you click those or you have to wait for the shop to load... One small picture is fine, but some of them take like half of the page of my browser.

(Didn't feel like making a new post for this, so edited)

Edited by Duma

I'm quite sure they disabled it as well, and I am very thankful for it. XD I always found music in people's shops really annoying, since I listen to my own music on the computer, and I would often just close the tab and go to someone else's shop.

I think TNT answered an Editorial question about music on petpages and yes, they did in fact disable it. I don't know when this was answered, I'm afraid, but it would take a lot of digging. But I remember coming across that.

Which is for the better, because often, when a song automatically plays on a webpage it is really annoying. Also, in shops, it'd just drive people away from it and nobody would buy anything.

I think TNT answered an Editorial question about music on petpages and yes, they did in fact disable it. I don't know when this was answered, I'm afraid, but it would take a lot of digging. But I remember coming across that.

Which is for the better, because often, when a song automatically plays on a webpage it is really annoying. Also, in shops, it'd just drive people away from it and nobody would buy anything.

Since you mentioned it was in the editorial I decided to do a little looking...

I used to play Neopets a long time ago, and I remember always having music codes in my shop and stuff. Does that still work, or is it no longer allowed? I can't seem to find any anywhere. :( ~amordomine

We stopped allowing media embeds some years ago, for a variety of reasons. The sound of Meepits chanting still haunts our dreams at night...

from issue 578. :)

Hmm, alright thanks all for your help! =/ If it was still possible I would have put and bar on the music playing so shoppers could turn it off but I do understand why they removed it.

I just thought it would have been funny with the shop keep I chose, his name and my background to be having "Puttin' on the ritz" or/and "maple leaf rag" playing as shop music lol. If you want to see to get it....VVVVVLINKVVVVV

http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=xxdarkestfairy56xx

Thanks again everyone,

<3 darkestfairy56 <3

P.S.

I was just given a faerie quest, could someone help me by finding the cheapest "Chomby Gnome Collectible Charm" and then post or send me the shop link? P&TY!

That would be horrible :x

I'm imagining trying to click fast into a shop to get a kad food - it's bad enough when you enter and there's a ridiculous background and tons of graphics displacing the items so you can't buy them, if you had to wait for a song to load, too??

I really wish TNT would just make it possible for us to disable shop graphics altogether. Or allow us to blacklist people so their shops don't appear on the SW anymore.