Advice on what to equip.

I just got back to Neo after a two year break and I'm slightly confused and in need of advice, was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to equip, wouldn't mind if it wasn't too pricy. I'm also totally lost on the new blessings.

Here's my stats:

Lvl : 50
Str : 98
Def : 100
Mov : 24
Hp : 98 / 98

Thanks.

What's the definition of "too pricy"?

My personal favorite weapon for the price is the Scroll of Ultranova. It's given out as a Battledome prize, so you can get it for less than 10 np, and it does about ten icons. To improve by just one icon, you'd have to pay 70k.

Downsize is a really good one-use for defense, and I would recommend it to anyone who uses defense. I personally use much more offense than defense.

As far as I know (prices have been changing lately) these are pretty good and not "too" expensive for what they do:

Scroll of the Scholar - 10k
Scroll of Ultranova - 3 NP
Scarab Ring - (dual duty) 4k
Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer - 1 NP

Leaf Shield - 43k
Shiny Shoal Shell Shield - 35k
Downsize! - Is very nice to have - 10k

Take a healer, depending on what you want to spent;

50HP: Helm of Recovery - 66k
25HP: Lesser Healing Scroll - 19k

Or try a species specific healer.

I'm sure others, more experienced with all the BD stuff will be able to give better or more advice.

The blessings works like this:

Once you are equal or above a level you can pick one of the three abilities in the tier of that level.

There are Weak Bottled Faeries that give one or two blessings. The unidentified bottles give random blessings (usually 2)

Bless your pet by opening a bottle, just like it was with the old one. Go to the ability page at the BD and if you have enough blessings of the kind the ability needs, you can click the picture and then click on the bottom "Train these abilities"

Changing the active ability in a tier will cost you half of what they used to cost (The correct amount will show)

Nice one to have (IMHO) is the Lens flare and An Icicle (for lvl 1 Static Cling, the other levels, well, depends on what you prefer, I have meditate and positive thinking, but many people prefer different ones, I like healers :p )

As far as I know (prices have been changing lately) these are pretty good and not "too" expensive for what they do:

Scroll of the Scholar - 10k

Scroll of Ultranova - 3 NP

Scarab Ring - (dual duty) 4k

Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer - 1 NP

Leaf Shield - 43k

Shiny Shoal Shell Shield - 35k

Downsize! - Is very nice to have - 10k

Take a healer, depending on what you want to spent;

50HP: Helm of Recovery - 66k

25HP: Lesser Healing Scroll - 19k

Or try a species specific healer.

I'm sure others, more experienced with all the BD stuff will be able to give better or more advice.

The blessings works like this:

Once you are equal or above a level you can pick one of the three abilities in the tier of that level.

There are Weak Bottled Faeries that give one or two blessings. The unidentified bottles give random blessings (usually 2)

Bless your pet by opening a bottle, just like it was with the old one. Go to the ability page at the BD and if you have enough blessings of the kind the ability needs, you can click the picture and then click on the bottom "Train these abilities"

Changing the active ability in a tier will cost you half of what they used to cost (The correct amount will show)

Nice one to have (IMHO) is the Lens flare and An Icicle (for lvl 1 Static Cling, the other levels, well, depends on what you prefer, I have meditate and positive thinking, but many people prefer different ones, I like healers :P )

50HP: Helm of Recovery - 66k 800k NOT RECOMMENDED

Recommendation:

Scroll of Knowledge x2 75k each

Note: If you want the freezer, use Scroll of ultranova x2 instead 6 NP

Leaf Shield 43k

Shiny Shoal Shell Shield 35k or Studded Leather Cuirass 27k --- http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=squishymommy&buy_obj_info_id=61655&buy_cost_neopoints=27000

Downsize! 10k

Greater Healing Scroll 190k

One 15-icon Muffin (ex. Darigan Muffin) 100 NP

If you have money: Randomly Firing Freeze Ray 300k

Total (Weapons only): 420k-426k or if you want Freezer plus Scroll of Ultranova 570-576k

Abilities:

Static Cling -Free

Shade- 1500 NP

An Icicle- 5000 NP

Lens Flare- 7500 NP

Abilities: 14k

Total: 434k-440k or if you want Freezer plus Scroll of Ultranova 584-590k

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me in advance for not addressing your post more thoroughly than I'm about to, It's nearly 8am for me and this insomnia is killing me. -_- But hopefully what I'm going to post will give you a good starting point.

I'm going to firstly recommend checking out TDN's basic weapon sets article.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/ (You can check out all the articles sorted by category here. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/)

That first link should give you an idea of some of the suggested equipment. At least a start, and maybe some things to consider next to what's been suggested already.

For the info we currently have on the New Faerie Abilities, there is this article.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/new-faerie-abilities/

The price of the weak bottled faeries has really dropped since they were introduced by TNT. I remember when Weak Bottled Light Faeries were selling over 60k apiece. Now they are super cheap by comparison. ;)

Personally, I like to incorporate some Dual Duty equipment, especially for battling around your stat-range. I noticed Golden Compass was mentioned, that's a pretty good piece of equipment that attacks as well as defends a bit.

Regarding Training, I think it's great you're working on Defense as well as Offense/HP. There are a lot of people who've built up their battle pets ignoring Defense. Relying on overwhelming HP and high Offense to outlast their opponents. But to get the best out of your shields/blockers, defense is A MUST, imho. I just prefer a balanced pet. ;) Training can also sometimes be more rewarding as far as causing or blocking damage, as opposed to just buying up really expensive shields. Budget battling can really get you far. And now there are so many new weapons that are also available, as mentioned by other members, that are battledome prizes, dropping their prices incredibly! Making it easier for even new battlers to go even farther in the new Battledome than they used to, back wehn the ol' Lost Desert Dagger, a 6-iconer, was THE weapon to have for rookie battlers. lol Of course it's painfully obsolete now. ;)

Well, I hope this helps! I'm going to try to sleep. If you have any questions regarding my post, feel free to ask. Best of luck battling!