So I've been permanently silenced

vlinkoo

I was permanently silenced on my main account today for saying "kik" with an upside down exclamation point to neomail my friend if he had the app. Sure I've gotten 1 (but only 1) warning before, then they jump straight to permanently silencing me! What happened to 3 day silence?!

You can try to ask them to un-perma silence you- sometimes mods do go back and fix rulings they later think are unfair. Just send in a ticket, and say that you aren't sure what was so inappropriate about the message.

When I first read this, I thought you were using a misspelling of an antisemetic slur. Perhaps TNT thought the same thing? What exactly did the neomail say?

EDIT: Also, since Kik is a text messaging app, that would fall under the same breaking of rules as trying to get someone's email, or their facebook information, which is completely not allowed. I've heard of permasilencings happening without much warning, or without previous silencings for major infractions- which this would probably fall under. :/

Similar thing happened to me, my friends on neopets who were around when it happened said I should get un permad but its a 50/50 chance. I really hope you do get unpermad. Might want to send a ticket but it will take a while to be responded to so I advise you to make a side account in the mean while.

When trying to update my gallery "thanks" page (for gifts/donations), I got a message that I couldn't use profanity. They helpfully provided the word "kik" which was actually part of the image URL for an item. I had to google it to even figure out why it was considered "bad," then sent in a ticket asking for them to either whitelist the image name or change it so users could post the image. They said they'd look into it.

Anyway, if they thought you were trying to get around the filters to use a racial slur, that might have been the reason for the permasilence, though trying to contact people outside Neo is also a pretty big deal. Your best bet is to explain that you'd never heard of that other usage of it and were just asking whether your friend heard of the app. If you didn't explicitly give your contact info or ask for theirs, you could explain that you were just asking for feedback (or trying to share your excitement about how cool it is). If you did give/ask for info, say that you understand why it was wrong and that you're really sorry and will never do it again, if they would consider shortening the silencing to a shorter period. Emphasize that you had NO idea it was any kind of slur since you'd only heard it in the context of the app (and why would they name an app after a slur?), and you would never ever use such language, on Neopets or anywhere. Hope you can get it reversed.

Let me see if I've got this one right, as this new fangled interwhatzie bunch of tubes confuses me. Kik is an app that allows unfiltered point to point transfer of images, allowing naughty images to be exchanged without nanny review. Therefore, the mention of someone to kik might very well be seen as an attempted to exchange naughty pictures, with all the potential downfall of that.

Dudette, seems like you will have an up hill climb to explain that, might as well have mentioned bitcoin on a work computer.

• 6 months later...

I've been silenced for some ridiculous things for up to 96 hours. But this? How can they jump to permanent-silencing when someone only got 1 warning?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.

Silencing means you can not communicate with others (boards/neomail) but you can access your account and play

Frozen means you don't have access to your account at all. You won't be able to log in, it will say the account is frozen.