Cross-Dressing Neopets???

Naamah D.

Do you guys think it would be weird for somebody to turn their Neopet into a cross-dresser? I don't plan on cross-dressing my pets, but Karbeet has black nails and it's part of his character. So do you think it would be odd for somebody to cross-dress their male Neopet for character reasons?

I had a Rainbow Lenny with a masculine name whose gender was frequently changed against my will back when I was labbing him and before I could gender swap using the BD. I jokingly imagined that he was a drag queen and he didn't have a character yet, so I ended up just kind of thinking of him as a fashion conscious pet who wears whatever he wants. I figured I shouldn't limit his wardrobe because he's fab no matter what he wears. Cross dressing pets is a-okay with me. Personality is what matters, right?

TNT has said on a couple of occasions that your pet can wear whatever they like, regardless of their gender. Just make sure that you don't talk about cross dressing as such on Neo, since topics of gender expression, sexuality, being trans*, etc, aren't allowed on the site.

Precisely why I don't really talk about my Lenny too much onsite. I wouldn't want his clothing choice to snowball into a topic that's not allowed. Even so, it's fun to dress him in a lot of different ways. :P

I have a male Royalgirl Flotsam, so... yeah. Honestly, I like the color and clothes better for Royalgirl than Royalboy, and Flotsams look funky in most pants, but some skirts really work on them. I just dress my pets based on their coloring and don't worry about it. Here's my boy in his current look:

2.png

I absolutely approve of cross-dressing Neopets! Sometimes male or female base forms are more interesting per an outfit. And I think cross-dressing Neopets are given more of a personality than other types. It wasn't deliberate, but my female Blumaroo only wears male outfits, or are inspired by male characters.

Any person who has a problem with cross-dressing Neopets reflects a wider aversion to the diversity of real life humans.

And if TNT says it's okay, then switch clothes away! :D

My male aisha wears a top that was created for female aisha's. But my aisha is from Meridell, so they wear those kind of clothes with poofy sleeves, personally I don't think the top is more feminine than masculine. So yes, I guess I just figure the whole gender only deal with clothing applies to skirts and dresses.

I love seeing when people do creative things with their pets! If you can cross-dress your pet to make it look that much cooler, go for it! We love to see the completed customization, so be sure to show us when you've figured things out :D

Personally, especially on certain pets, the giant eyelashes some girl pets have annoy me, so my pets end up being male. So, when my ability to dress comes back, male pets will be wearing pretty dresses because they don't have freaky eyelashes ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, I think it's ok. Then again I think it's ok for people to do it too if they want. I can't really bother with it. I'm more invested in species and brushes than on neopets gender and I don't play nearly enough to try to change their gender or get an opposite gender equivalent of a pet I like. My biscuit Yurble wears a sundress and I think he's male.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think it would be weird for somebody to turn their Neopet into a cross-dresser? I don't plan on cross-dressing my pets, but Karbeet has black nails and it's part of his character. So do you think it would be odd for somebody to cross-dress their male Neopet for character reasons?

My chomby is a boy. I accidently made him that way from the start. I want to zap him with the ray to switch genders, but I am afraid it will change him from being a chomby. So for now, he wears dresses and a wig. :D

My chomby is a boy. I accidently made him that way from the start. I want to zap him with the ray to switch genders, but I am afraid it will change him from being a chomby. So for now, he wears dresses and a wig. :D

If you have access to the Lab Ray already, you can get the Lab Ray Scientist as a challenger in the Battledome. By fighting with your Chomby against him, there is the chance that your pets gender will be changed, thanks to one of the weapons the Scientist has. It may take a couple of battles, but it's a lot safer than zapping. :3

If you have access to the Lab Ray already, you can get the Lab Ray Scientist as a challenger in the Battledome. By fighting with your Chomby against him, there is the chance that your pets gender will be changed, thanks to one of the weapons the Scientist has. It may take a couple of battles, but it's a lot safer than zapping. :3

Awesome! Thank you for the tip! I think I will check that out and let you know how it goes. :D

Edit: I just checked and I don't have him as a challenger yet. I just got the map a few weeks ago, so it's still early. Thanks!!

Awesome! Thank you for the tip! I think I will check that out and let you know how it goes. :D

Edit: I just checked and I don't have him as a challenger yet. I just got the map a few weeks ago, so it's still early. Thanks!!

You can just refresh at the page with the scientist until you do get him. :) Good luck- I hope he uses it sooner rather than later.

I don't think it's strange at all. Most of my pets just sport accessories, but when I do add clothing it's often more masculine pieces. I just find I'm more drawn towards their colour schemes and how they look on my pets. However, all of my permanent pets are female. I find their eyes/eyelashes to be much nicer than the male counterpart. So a couple of my pets - not overly cross-dressing per se - definitely have a tomboy thing going on.