Console Wars!

Unstream

Consoles  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which consoles are you planning on getting this year?

So with all of the consoles finally announced at E3 this year, which console(s) are you most excited for? Already planning on buying a certain one (or in the case of the Wii U, already bought)? Or do you play on the PC master race?

I'm no gamer, but from what I've heard about the Xbox One, people would have to be fools to buy it. It just sounds terrible!

As someone who's only ever bought Nintendo consoles, I think I'm gonna jump to the PS4. If I could have both that and the Wii U I would be ecstatic, but buying games for two consoles seems like it would get expensive. Plus, I already have a 3DS and there's some great stuff slated for that, so I can get my Nintendo fix there.

I've also started to get more cozy with PC games this summer so if all else fails I'll ditch the console wars and game on my laptop.

I have grown up playing every type of Xbox that has come out but I'm going to give the Xbox One a miss. Disappointed in Microsoft. :(

I gotta admit, I'm thinking about an XBOX One or just sticking with my XBOX 360. When Wii U came out, I was only impressed by ZombiU and Bayonetta 2. I've thought about getting a Wii U recently, but I wouldn't get a new console just for one game. This makes me very thankful that Call of Duty: Ghost is going to not just be a PS4 and XBOX One title and also be for the XBOX 360 and PS4.

So....my mind is made up! I'm sticking to my XBOX 360. Also, when do you then a price drop will be for the consoles?

I still haven't decided, but I'm 99% certain the hubby and I will be skipping the Xbox this generation. If we do end up getting a console, it might be a PS4 for when he goes on deployment.

I was talking to hubby last night about the Xbox one always online "feature" and he said it was brilliant from a technical aspect. It's specs aren't much better than the 360's, but the games are leaps and bounds more processing-intensive. How? By being connected to the cloud, it can essentially outsource most of the processing to a much more powerful machine.

Here's a video that makes mention of what I just said, but better explained:

Of course, Microsoft has done a poor job of explaining anything.

I'm no gamer, but from what I've heard about the Xbox One, people would have to be fools to buy it. It just sounds terrible!

Now thats just biased. Its probably some PS4 fan anyways. If you get the game play it...I played both PS3 and 360 when they came. PS3 is free but 360 had better graphix.

Now thats just biased. Its probably some PS4 fan anyways. If you get the game play it...I played both PS3 and 360 when they came. PS3 is free but 360 had better graphix.

Are you actually serious? The xbox one has had SO SO SO SO many bad reviews, their policies alone turn people off from this console.

There is no biased reply. It didn't come from a PS4 fan. It came from what she has seen and what she has read.

Have you not been following the E3 coverage at ALL?

It really annoys me when you're so quick to jump in and say she is biased and some PS4 fan told her negative reviews about xbox one. xbox one is currently the biggest disappointment in pop culture right now...

I mean, nearly an entire gaming community thinks xbox one is a joke. Clearly they must all be biased PS4 fans. :rolleyes_anim:

I'm not a huge "gamer," but I do play different games casually, and enjoy some console time once in awhile. Just from comparing the features, I know what I like and I know what I don't like in a gaming system. For me, the Xbox has more features I wouldn't want than features I would want and some I downright HATE (actually, more I absolutely hate than I like...), whereas the PS4 has more features I like and that would benefit me, and has none that I completely dislike. For me, PS4 wins hands down, unless, and ONLY unless, Xbox gets a TON (like a boatload) of amazing exclusive games that I would want (which, from past release history, there is a very slim chance of). However, I never uy consoles for myself. Between tuition, rent, groceries and my search for a vehicle, I definitely don't have money to burn on stuff like this. I usually let my sisters with disposable income buy the game stuff, then I just bum it off them when I'm visiting at home xD

I'm more a Nintendo girl. I can't resist to Legend of Zelda and Mario. Although I like the final fantasy series, my money only allows me to buy one console, so I'm going for Wii U.

I've seen the video of the new super smash bros, and it looks pretty good!

Xbox one is a complete shaming factor for Microsoft. I've always been a sony fan, but why the funky design? I prefer my PS2. I was never a Wii fan and won't play it much at all beyond Super Smash Bros.

So my conclusion: I'm going to probably get an Xbox Elite and call it a day. I need a gaming console other than my computers and a borrowed PS2 :P

I'm probably not getting any. But from the looks of it, PS4 completely and brutally murdered the Xbox One. There is no way that anyone would think the Xbox One is a good idea. So, if I'm getting any, it'd have to be the PS4.
I'd also like to get a Wii U. It wouldn't be comfortable playing Super Smash Bros on a handheld.