husker

400_terrormountain.gif

Feel better Good morning, Neopia! This is Austin, reporting live from my hospital bed. I'm really not sure how I ended up here, but I have some results from yesterday for you. We'll first start with the Alabriss bracket, where we saw some terrific matches with some unexpected results.

Tyrannia continued rocking the competition with another sweep of Virtupets. The Fossils showed up strong again in all the side games, as they scored double digits in all of them. Tyrannia also impressed on the Yooyuball fields by putting together a beautiful eight to four victory over the Robots. Tyrannia looks like they're a definite contender for the Cup. By winning their bracket, Tyrannia could almost lock up a top tier spot this season.

Kreludor Kreludor looked as dominant as ever yesterday by ousting the Ninjas of Shenkuu. The Moons put up solid numbers and won three of the four games. Kreludor was able to lock up a late win on the Yoouball fields when Qyldae Wegg put a magnificent shot into the net with just over a minute left in the game. Shenkuu, on the other hand, took a nice victory away from the Moons in the penalty kicks by winning Shootout Showdown six to five. Kreludor doesn't seem to be greatly affected by the winners curse so far this season.

In the biggest upset of the bracket yesterday, we saw Darigan Citadel dominate Krawk Island. The Minions were able to put together their most impressive victory thus far, by taking three of four from the second place team in the bracket. The Minions grabbed a well fought victory from the grasps of the Pirates with a game-winning goal from Layton Vickles. The Pirates were only able to loot Darigan Citadel in Shootout Showdown. Darigan Citadel is showing some resilience as of late, winning their past two games handily after losing to kreludor.

Kikoughela Syrup </p><p>
Now, it's time for me to take my meds, so I'll send it to Matt in the studio.

Thanks Austin, get well soon! This is Matt reporting to you from the newsroom where the results of the Minitheus bracket have just come in.

In the match between Altador and Mystery Island yesterday, there was no surprise as Altador completely dominated the field, giving no chance for the Natives to catch up. Altador easily won Yooyuball and continued to show their dominance by taking the remaining side game for a clean sweep.

Maraqua and Lost Desert faced off yesterday, and while our analytical experts were expecting the Mummies to take a few side games, the Mermaids were able to shut them out, taking Yooyuball, and also winning the remaining side games. The Mermaids have had an on and off season this year, but if they can keep this momentum up, they might be able to repeat some of their stronger performance from years past.

Terror Mountain symbol In what is the upset of the day, Terror Mountain was able to take Yooyuball and Slushie Slinger from Roo Island, a team who has been doing very well this year so far. Roo Island was able to bounce back however and claim the two remaining side games.

Now let's turn it over to Austin once again!

Hey guys! It's your favorite pal, Austin, with more results. First, we have breaking news. Reb Weemalott is being investigated for an explosion that sent a reporter to the hospital yesterday morning. More details will come in later, but that reporter must not be very smart to get in the way of Reb Weemalott.

Ghost Vaeolus Now, let's get into the Vaeolus Bracket. There was no lack of excitement in the Kiko Lake/Haunted Woods matchup. The Haunties were able to take Yooyuball and Make Some Noise away from the Kikos. The Zombies are looking very impressive as we close out the second round, and could be a team to watch out for near the end of the Cup. The Kikos have done the exact opposite, though, as they have fallen hard after having an early lead in the first round.

Brightvale put up huge numbers yesterday against Moltara by winning three games. Moltara took Shootout Showdown away from the Wizards, but couldn't keep up in any of the other games. Brightvale has been very inconsistent in this Cup, but continue to put up surprising victories. If they can pull together, they could be poised to make a run for the top tier, if not the podium.

POE-TAY-TOEPopcorn! FOOD FIGHT TIME Meridell rebounded well after losing Yooyuball to Brightvale with a sweep of the Faeries. Meridell continues to stay strong down the stretch, as they're still on the top of their bracket. If Meridell can hold on, the points advantage for them would be huge and could potentially boost them into a podium spot this year. On the contrary, the Faeries will try to regroup and prevent another last place finish. It should be exciting to see how these two teams develop as the Cup continues.

With today being a bye day, the matches to watch will be exciting!

Will the Make Some Noise Techo be able to relax for one day, or will he go absolutely insane without Yooyuball? Will he be walking down Altador Alley shouting at vendors and cheering customers on? Find out today!

the natural habitat of an AC reporter The Altadorian guards will have another troublesome day looking for the trespasser that entered the Colosseum before the Cup and then broke out of jail. With it being a break day, more people are expected to be out on the streets today. This will make finding the culprit very difficult. We'll see if they can find him!

We'll also find out about the status of the stupid reporter that got in the way of Reb We-

Cameraman: Sir, that was you...

What!? Was it!? Oh...

I mean, we'll find out the status of the dashingly good-looking, smart, and all-around great reporter that everyone loves, who was sent to the hospital after he saved many young children from an explosion yesterday. His heroic actions deserve to be talked about for ages to come.

With all that said, it's come time for my sponge bath. Until tomorrow, Neopia, stay classy!

1418.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

It's crazy the turnaround we're making. And we, a team never known for our YYB strength in the past, beat a team that has an All-Star Group working for it! How insane is that?

Yesterday Lamelle Turow accidentally own-goaled with a Darigan ball, but I swear it was because of seeing his old team again. It's been a while since he and the LD team last chatted. Shouldn't have underestimated you, MQ.

xD I'm sure Team Lost Desert was sporting enough to own goal a few Darigan Yooyus of their own and even things out. ;)

Yesterday Lamelle Turow accidentally own-goaled with a Darigan ball, but I swear it was because of seeing his old team again. It's been a while since he and the LD team last chatted. Shouldn't have underestimated you, MQ.

LOL Not in any of the games I 'saw', though it seemed like the Lost Desert had sand in their own eyes with the darigan yooyus. XD Even a normal yooyu somehow lept from an LD player into their own goal. I've never seen such a play. lol Perhaps only returning the favor to Lamelle Turow that you saw? XD

Congrats TM!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.