AJ11

Thanks, wildbreeze. Followup question.... Do the petpet levels mean anything? When I get the petpets zapped, sometimes it will say that they gain or lose levels.

I'm not too knowledgeable about that, so maybe someone can second or correct what I'm about to say.

I believe petpet levels had an effect in the old BD. There was an option to use your petpet to fight, instead of hitting or kicking, etc., so the higher their level the more damage they'd do. It doesn't seem to be relevant in the new BD however.

Also there's a game called Petpet Battles - I've never played it before, but I think the level of your petpet plays a part in how well you do in the game.

Ok.. I have two questions. First, what's the safest way to taunt the pant devil? And in addition to that: Make sure your inventory is filled up? Have multiple expensive items instead of one? Will you only have to refresh once, or is it random? Has anyone lost their rare item this way?

And second, I am never up to play Deadly Dice. Is there a way to reset the clock for NST time? Like changing my time zone or something? Or is this considered 'illegal'?

Thanks in advance for any help answering these questions.

For taunting the Pant Devil, I used things like Geraptiku Talismans, obsidian daggers, sand snowballs, etc., which have high "value" (according to TNT) but are actually relatively inexpensive. I actually took items from my SDB and just had a ton of things in my inventory, then put it all back when I was done (I did buy a few extras of the above before overflowing my inventory). It's random, and the message appears at the bottom of your inventory. I did have Pant Devil attractors and a bunch of junk fishing items on top of my "valuable" items; if anything was stolen, it was just an attractor, but since I didn't use any super-high-value items, I wasn't too worried. I'm sure people have lost rare items that way, though.

Nope, NST is NST; it doesn't matter what time zone you're in. I think there are more times available on Halloween, though? I set my alarm for 3am... and then lost. I finally got it when I was on the west coast, and I'm never going near Von Roo again.

For the first question: I had a few of the item Pant Devil Attractor in my inverntory so he wouldn't steal the expensive item to taunt him. I did read this: "If you have an item with an 'Est. Value' of at least 1 million, or items with a combined 'Est Value' of at least 5 million in your inventory and you refresh enough you will receive the I Taunt The Pant Devil Avatar."

For the second, nope. You can not reset the clock...

Edit: I see Siniri was faster...

Edited by Duma

I really hope it will be back up when they merge the old BD stats with the new BD stats, but we don't know for sure. I was training my pet for DoN so I would really like to see it back up as well.

I don't understand one thing: on the Neoavatars guide, they say that, to get the Pant Devil, "View your inventory while having an item or items in your inventory that total an "Est. Value" of 5 million NP or higher, such as 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman (roughly 25k total) or 121 Bag of Infinite Neggs (roughly 12k total)."

But how is that possible if we have the 50-items limit? :eh:

I don't understand one thing: on the Neoavatars guide, they say that, to get the Pant Devil, "View your inventory while having an item or items in your inventory that total an "Est. Value" of 5 million NP or higher, such as 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman (roughly 25k total) or 121 Bag of Infinite Neggs (roughly 12k total)."

But how is that possible if we have the 50-items limit? :eh:

The 50-item limit applies to gifts and buying from shops, but it doesn't apply to removing items from your SDB. Store the excess there, then remove when you're ready to refresh.

as was said earlier the sand snowballs and obsidian daggers are really useful when you are attracting the pant devil ..

and its not an expensive avatar at all if you think about it, because you can just sell all the items again once you have your shiny new avatar, to someone else who is keen to get the avatar too.

I actually enjoyed collecting all the stuff for that one

The 50-item limit applies to gifts and buying from shops, but it doesn't apply to removing items from your SDB. Store the excess there, then remove when you're ready to refresh.

I can't believe I've been to Neopets for more than 10 years and NEVER realized that :stitchface: I'm going to try for the avvie right now then! Thank you!