Roo Island Support Thread

Thanks, HW! I wish this match weren't right after yesterday's, but honestly, we're not going to get a break at all this bracket. So we might as well face Goliath sooner than later. I'm a little intimidated knowing the machine behind the man behind the machine on TY's side, but let's show that Roo Power can overcome even an automaton (or several hundred automata).

Time to start grinding out some SoSd/YYB combos!

wow...Tyrannia finally gets some red in their results thanks to you guys! Incredible!

These matches are heating up because a lot of teams are pulling crazy scores but let's not back down. :)

Wowsers. I did not see the SS win coming. I only played 3 games of that! I thought our team strategy was to focus on SoSd first, with YYB as a secondary. I sent in 804 full-game SoSd scores, for 932,640 points in the game (played literally until the last second).

Altador today. Let's take 2 or even 3 games from them this time!

Anyone STILL saying we do not deserve 3rd place? The only teams we haven't faced yet are Meridell and Kiko Lake. And the most games we've lost against anyone has been 3 (against Altador only), and only a small handful of teams have beaten us in 2 games. Heck, very few teams have beaten us in even one game.

Ugh, the boards. I'll admit the SS is suspect (though I don't know how an AL cheating group could suddenly make RI-affiliated accounts, since apparently joining late = random team assignment), but the SoSd is totally legit. I mean, look at our ridiculously low MSN scores -- those went somewhere.

Thanks, guys. GL to Altador today, too. I have a feeling that either you guys will sweep us to show you're tops, or we'll manage to win even 2-3 games from you. Who can tell?

If rumors are to be believed, it looks like an Altador cheating group somehow joined RI for the day and gave us that SS win. Our team strategy was to abandon SS and MSN completely to focus on SoSd and YYB, and the cheating group allegedly decided that it would hurt Tyrannia/help Altador to give us a SS victory too -- supposedly on whichever forum they were openly discussing this, they actually trusted us to get the SoSd victory ourselves and only played SS. The Rooligans were all shocked by that SS win, so I'm pretty sure it's not legitimate -- but the cheating group supposedly respected our legitimate performance enough that they didn't want to take anything away from us if we made the SoSd upset. Honor among "thieves"? I still don't get how that would really help Altador, and I wish they had just left us alone, because of course now some people are suspecting our SoSd scores, too.

But the AL group obviously did not "assist" us in getting the 10 against them in SoSd, so we really are legitimately great at it -- and we didn't focus on SoSd against them with anywhere near the intensity we did yesterday -- based on what I saw, many, many Rooligans were doubling or tripling (or even more) their efforts in SoSd yesterday compared to when we played Altador.

I just know that Rooligans played their hearts out in SoSd yesterday, accumulating over 61M points, at least, based on the board tallies (plus my own, which I couldn't add to the tallies because I was too busy playing). Even if we did have a little bit of cheating assistance there, it wasn't as much as *that* group provided to Tyrannia, and we deserved the upset. So... I'm still going to celebrate the SoSd victory and be proud.

Now to repay a little something-something to that group that tainted our record and made even our legitimate upset suspect. (Sorry, loyal Altadorians and Altador ASG's -- I know it's not your fault.) And please (I know they're probably not reading here, but just in case), Tyrannian cheaters*, please don't think you need to pay back that SS loss by "helping" us today. We Rooligans have got it covered with legitimate play. Save your cheating battles for your actual skirmish against Altador, which will happen in the next day or two, anyway.

*And by that, I'm referring only to the few people who fall in both categories, and not to the loyal Tyrannians who have to bear with their undesirable presence.

Kinda surprised we got the SS win as well, but to be honest, it's not THAT big of a suspect. The highest SS score we've gotten is 7 and yesterday we got an 8. It wasn't a big jump or anything, plus TY has previously gotten scores of 10, 11, and 12 in SS, so I'm sure they could've defeated us, but I guess they just didn't focus on it.

I'm not sure what our team strategy was on the boards, but the boards don't cover everyone on our team. Personally, my strategy was SS and SoSd, because I felt that there was a higher possibility of taking SS instead of YYB, seeing how their SS scores fluctuate a bit. Plus it seems that no matter how much we focus on YYB, we only get a score of 6.

Oh, good point, jcpet. Their claim did seem a bit suspect to me because you get assigned a random team if you join after the tournament starts, so that's a lot of fake accounts to get enough RI ones to start doing damage. Besides, Altador is helped more by them getting points than by Tyrannia losing a game or two against us, because we're not subtracting points from Tyrannia.

I wonder if the stinkers made it up to try to detract from our own efforts and bring us into suspicion. If so, it worked. :(

Actually this year since Neo allowed you to join on side accounts in order to receive the free NC and be able to get the Fanatics Museum NC Prizes, you actually can choose what team you are on after the tourney has taken part as on my sides I've joined Maraqua and Terror Mountain and got to choose them.

In other news though, Altador again. I really want Tyrannia to face Altador already, thats the match I wanna see.

Thanks for the tip, Borkles -- I joined Maraqua on my side and got the NC (no free Maraqua items, though, which is probably a good thing, though it'd have been nice for my beach-themed gallery, had I been able to transfer it).

There's too much lag; SOSD scores are taking longer to process than it takes to play the game. At least all the teams should be equally affected by it. *sigh*

Though I find all-star groups like STEALTH somewhat admirable for legitimately helping, I am sourly disappointed with those who cheat like those who I've been told have found their way into Tyrania and Altador. Though I still am unsure how we know about all these groups if they are so secret...

Anyways, good match yesterday I wish you good luck further in the tournament!

Congrats on the sweep, Jonahman. Based on our results from the tally board, we split our forces -- the ASG's mobbed SS, while the board openly acted like we were focusing on SoSd (and it was a strong secondary focus), but there was also a Neomail secret campaign to mob YYB instead -- so I didn't max out in either. We could have taken SoSd again had we not spread ourselves so thin. We got greedy and shot ourselves in the foot.

KL today; they've handed both KI and MD their tails, so if we don't beat them -- and decisively -- we could see them jump from last to our 3rd spot before this bracket ends. We want that podium! Their numbers have been great lately; we need to keep the effort up, as tired as we all are.

Congrats on the sweep, Jonahman. Based on our results from the tally board, we split our forces -- the ASG's mobbed SS, while the board openly acted like we were focusing on SoSd (and it was a strong secondary focus), but there was also a Neomail secret campaign to mob YYB instead -- so I didn't max out in either. We could have taken SoSd again had we not spread ourselves so thin. We got greedy and shot ourselves in the foot.

KL today; they've handed both KI and MD their tails, so if we don't beat them -- and decisively -- we could see them jump from last to our 3rd spot before this bracket ends. We want that podium! Their numbers have been great lately; we need to keep the effort up, as tired as we all are.

Well TY and AL went head and head and TY swept. So we were the only team to beat TY in a game, even 2 games.

Meridell today. I know we're tired, but this is the last day before the rest day, so let's go for a clean sweep. They're strongest in SOSD, but we need to make sure we play -- it's the "easy" teams that have gotten us in the past.

Meridell today. I know we're tired, but this is the last day before the rest day, so let's go for a clean sweep. They're strongest in SOSD, but we need to make sure we play -- it's the "easy" teams that have gotten us in the past.

I really didn't see Shenkuu winning in MSN. TM I knew they would win. Today: SoSD.

I think TNT designed a somewhat fair bracket for the race for 3rd place. We had 59 points going into this round. Bracket places are worth the following:

1st - 33

2nd - 28

3rd - 23

4th - 19

5th - 15

6th - 13

TM's max possible is 83 (if they were able to take 1st in their bracket); we'd need to fall to 3rd or below in our bracket for them to be able to overcome our score, which seems pretty unlikely, so despite their current position in 6th, they really just didn't have enough points to overcome their early round low rankings (a shame, because they should have placed higher in a few of those brackets). If Kreludor edges KI out of 2nd place (or if DC or HW edges out Meridell), TM would slip a place in the final standings, but I think they're guaranteed at least 8th if they keep up their performance.

Either KI or Kreludor would beat us if they stole 1st in the bracket from us. We'd have to fall to 3rd in the bracket for Meridell to edge us out (unless they can beat Tyrannia -- in which case we'd only need to fall to 2nd), but then of course we'd likely have lost to KI and/or Kreludor, too. If DC edges out Meridell and we slipped to 3rd in our bracket, we'd end up in a tie-break with them for... whatever place (probably 4th or 5th). No one else has a realistic shot at 3rd overall (Maraqua's highest possible score is only 84, so it would take us slipping to 3rd, and either Virtupets or MI stealing 2nd from KI, too -- and TM is unlikely to rise above 78, so it would take a ton of big upsets in both the other brackets).

Of course, bracket standings are based on total points for the round, and we've seen teams win or tie every single match-up in a round and not get first in the bracket, so we can't afford to slack against anyone. Still, third place is ours to lose. Let's make sure that doesn't happen!

I think TNT designed a somewhat fair bracket for the race for 3rd place. We had 59 points going into this round. Bracket places are worth the following:

1st - 33

2nd - 28

3rd - 23

4th - 19

5th - 15

6th - 13

TM's max possible is 83 (if they were able to take 1st in their bracket); we'd need to fall to 3rd or below in our bracket for them to be able to overcome our score, which seems pretty unlikely, so despite their current position in 6th, they really just didn't have enough points to overcome their early round low rankings (a shame, because they should have placed higher in a few of those brackets). If Kreludor edges KI out of 2nd place (or if DC or HW edges out Meridell), TM would slip a place in the final standings, but I think they're guaranteed at least 8th if they keep up their performance.

Either KI or Kreludor would beat us if they stole 1st in the bracket from us. We'd have to fall to 3rd in the bracket for Meridell to edge us out (unless they can beat Tyrannia -- in which case we'd only need to fall to 2nd), but then of course we'd likely have lost to KI and/or Kreludor, too. If DC edges out Meridell and we slipped to 3rd in our bracket, we'd end up in a tie-break with them for... whatever place (probably 4th or 5th). No one else has a realistic shot at 3rd overall (Maraqua's highest possible score is only 84, so it would take us slipping to 3rd, and either Virtupets or MI stealing 2nd from KI, too -- and TM is unlikely to rise above 78, so it would take a ton of big upsets in both the other brackets).

Of course, bracket standings are based on total points for the round, and we've seen teams win or tie every single match-up in a round and not get first in the bracket, so we can't afford to slack against anyone. Still, third place is ours to lose. Let's make sure that doesn't happen!

I could almost guarantee we have third. :P We were the only team to beat TY in 2 games.

Alright, I know we've pretty much got 3rd locked already, but let's go out with a bang, not a whimper, and make sure Kreludor doesn't take any games from us. Sure, they seem to have lost motivation this bracket, but you never know when a team is going to bring it. I have just over 700 SOSD equivalents to get to the next "rank," so I'm going to make sure to do at least that much.

Alright, I know we've pretty much got 3rd locked already, but let's go out with a bang, not a whimper, and make sure Kreludor doesn't take any games from us. Sure, they seem to have lost motivation this bracket, but you never know when a team is going to bring it. I have just over 700 SOSD equivalents to get to the next "rank," so I'm going to make sure to do at least that much.

We need to focus on YYB and SiS today. :) I'll be glad since I joined RI since they fell in ACVI and kept joining them.