Roo Island Support Thread

Woot! Another Rooligan! I hope the bracket system is nicer to us than last year. We'll definitely get back into the top half, but let's aim for the top tier so we're in with a chance for the Cup!

It should be fixed this year. :) I think we should be able to get into the high-mid second tier easy.

Wow, Altador looks tough. Of course we don't have to face them today. We've got FL, whom they trounced. Let's put the pressure on and beat them as thoroughly as Altador did.

I don't get how the rankings work. If Altador placed so high because they trounced someone (regardless of who that someone is), why is KL ahead of us, since we swept (they didn't) *and* had a better spread than them (unless TNT weights SS more than SoSd, which they might)? Anyway, it looks like TNT wants to shaft us again, so let's just sweep everyone in our bracket! Starting with a thorough thrashing of FL, to show we're as strong as Altador.

P.S. Our bracket has some very interesting dynamics. The top three teams each swept; only one team outside our bracket swept. To me, this suggests that TNT pushed 3 teams down into the lowest bracket that really didn't belong there (including us), and it's going to be hard for all 3 of us to scramble into the higher brackets we deserve for next round. At least there's a lot of room for moving up.

Congratulations on the sweep guys! :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks, JJ99. Congrats to Shenkuu on being one of the 5 teams that swept; you should definitely be ranked higher, too. Look forward to battling you soon.

I decided to play some SoSd while waiting for the BD to load between Obelisk battles since it's a bit laggy. I kind of hate the AC, but I don't want to drag RI down.

Wow, Altador looks tough. Of course we don't have to face them today. We've got FL, whom they trounced. Let's put the pressure on and beat them as thoroughly as Altador did.

I don't get how the rankings work. If Altador placed so high because they trounced someone (regardless of who that someone is), why is KL ahead of us, since we swept (they didn't) *and* had a better spread than them (unless TNT weights SS more than SoSd, which they might)? Anyway, it looks like TNT wants to shaft us again, so let's just sweep everyone in our bracket! Starting with a thorough thrashing of FL, to show we're as strong as Altador.

P.S. Our bracket has some very interesting dynamics. The top three teams each swept; only one team outside our bracket swept. To me, this suggests that TNT pushed 3 teams down into the lowest bracket that really didn't belong there (including us), and it's going to be hard for all 3 of us to scramble into the higher brackets we deserve for next round. At least there's a lot of room for moving up.

Mainly because Kiko Lake is in another bracket.

Congratulations on the sweep guys! :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thank you. Seems we have to face you guys today. :)

Thanks, JJ99. Congrats to Shenkuu on being one of the 5 teams that swept; you should definitely be ranked higher, too. Look forward to battling you soon.

I decided to play some SoSd while waiting for the BD to load between Obelisk battles since it's a bit laggy. I kind of hate the AC, but I don't want to drag RI down.

I actually find the obelisk very boring. :(

We seem to be shadowing Altador. We didn't quite crush Faerieland to the same extent Altador did, but it was a definite crushing. Let's keep up the sweeps and show we deserve the top bracket next round, even if there are two strong teams in our bracket.

The obelisk might be a bit boring, but I can rack up way more wins in less times and fewer clicks there than I can in the AC. I hate the AC. And yet I play anyway...

We seem to be shadowing Altador. We didn't quite crush Faerieland to the same extent Altador did, but it was a definite crushing. Let's keep up the sweeps and show we deserve the top bracket next round, even if there are two strong teams in our bracket.

The obelisk might be a bit boring, but I can rack up way more wins in less times and fewer clicks there than I can in the AC. I hate the AC. And yet I play anyway...

Altador seemed to lose quite a lot of power since yesterday. Hopefully they just got a lucky start. I think we have the best shot on not getting swept in our bracket by Altador.

Altador seemed to lose quite a lot of power since yesterday. Hopefully they just got a lucky start. I think we have the best shot on not getting swept in our bracket by Altador.

Yup. Altador's winning margin against SK significantly decreased compared to when they played FL. Hope you guys can crush AL though. In the meantime, we'll try our hardest to not get swept by y'all. XD

Yup. Altador's winning margin against SK significantly decreased compared to when they played FL. Hope you guys can crush AL though. In the meantime, we'll try our hardest to not get swept by y'all. XD

Good Luck. If Altador sweeps us while we have SOTAC I think they won easily.

Figure I'd show my support for Roo Island, just got to Rank 2 today and figured I'd take a breather before going back to some more YYB. I'm actually kind of excited if and when we get matched up with Altador, it'll be a match to watch for sure.

Welcome, Borkles!

When do we get to face Altador? Come on, I want to show that we're as strong as them! (I can pretend to be an All Star for one day... maybe...). I can't wait 'til we get out of this bracket and start earning some respect.

Figure I'd show my support for Roo Island, just got to Rank 2 today and figured I'd take a breather before going back to some more YYB. I'm actually kind of excited if and when we get matched up with Altador, it'll be a match to watch for sure.

Woot! Another ROO.

Welcome, Borkles!

When do we get to face Altador? Come on, I want to show that we're as strong as them! (I can pretend to be an All Star for one day... maybe...). I can't wait 'til we get out of this bracket and start earning some respect.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is a big day for the cup, ROO ISLAND vs Altador, KRAWK ISLAND vs Tyrannia, and Darigan Citadel vs Kreludor so good luck against Altador! :laughingsmiley:

Do me a favor and beat [Removed]'s team? kthnxbai

Good luck today Roo Island :D

Unfortunately, we're the ones who need the luck ^^" We are currently in a state of "just avoid being swept again"

Shenkuu is a great team. Mirsha Gandel is so hard to play against in YYB lol.

is the day.

Thanks for the welcome in! I am very anxious to fight Altador, I want to see how we fare. And I completley agree about Mirsha Gandel, her A.I. is vicious.

Thanks for the welcome in! I am very anxious to fight Altador, I want to see how we fare. And I completley agree about Mirsha Gandel, her A.I. is vicious.

Quite mad I didnt play MSN yesterday. I coulve maxed it and helped win MSN, -.-.-

I actually played a lot (for me) yesterday, hitting a single rank in one day (just rank 3, I had a slow start). I can only play so much MSN in a day; it hurts my hands. At least we still beat Shenkuu, and our SoSd was a stronger win than last time.

Looks like you can't rank up on a bye day. I guess the big day is tomorrow, probably the last day of this round (I tried to check the upcoming schedule, but I could only see past results -- is there some trick I'm missing?). Might as well rest my hands so I can try to really do my part (maybe gain two ranks in one day). What are the max number of plays per game per day? I probably won't come close in anything but SoSd, but it's important to know so I don't overplay it too early -- it's my filler game for dead times in SS and YYB.

I actually played a lot (for me) yesterday, hitting a single rank in one day (just rank 3, I had a slow start). I can only play so much MSN in a day; it hurts my hands. At least we still beat Shenkuu, and our SoSd was a stronger win than last time.

Looks like you can't rank up on a bye day. I guess the big day is tomorrow, probably the last day of this round (I tried to check the upcoming schedule, but I could only see past results -- is there some trick I'm missing?). Might as well rest my hands so I can try to really do my part (maybe gain two ranks in one day). What are the max number of plays per game per day? I probably won't come close in anything but SoSd, but it's important to know so I don't overplay it too early -- it's my filler game for dead times in SS and YYB.

Sad we lost for MSN, but personally, it's my least favourite game and I don't really play it so I can't complain.

Pretty sure the max games per day are:

301 YYB

601 SS

1201 MSN and SOSD

Not if we actually get to play them... and beat them! We'll just have to see. I'm not giving up this year just because the bracket system sucks -- I want to prove that our sweeps weren't just because we were in the lowest bracket, but because we're strong. Let's kick some Desert sand! Grab your brooms. Sweep! Sweep! Sweep!