Looking To Upgrade My Battledome Set For Both 1P/2P

So, I am new to TNF, and I was looking for help to upgrade my current battledome set. Here are my stats & items so far.
Health: 116
Strength: 152
Defence: 93 (Working towards 125 for boost)
Agility: 110 (Doesn't matter for me)

My equipment is:
- Hanso's Charisma Charm
- Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield
- Faerie Tabard
- Sword of Reif
- Sword of Ari
- Ghostkerbomb
- Magical Marbles of Mystery
- Leaded Elemental Vial

My budget is about 100M - 150M. I kind of want more icon blockers, but I realize that there isn't really an upgrade to HMNS and what not. I was considering replacing HCC with Illusen's Staff, but I don't know if I'll have enough to buy it. I have also considered upgrading my weapons, but I am not sure to what. Since I also want to do 2P, i need to be able to attack with diverse icons.

Let me know :)

..... Dude! Ok, have your stock broker call me ASAP! lol That is one serious SET you got there! And budget for that matter! LOL

To get the most out of your set, including future purchases, you should focus on training, imho. High level weapons are pretty awesome, but training is also key. A lot of powerful weapons won't do you a ton of good if your pet isn't strong enough to swing them after all. ;)

That being said, I don't know what Illusen's Staff goes for these days, but it would make for a nice addition to your set.

Is there a target that you're fighting? Like a specific opponent? Though with that set, I think you should have 1p pretty much covered. I don't 2p usually, but if you wish to block a variety of icons, I think you've got most of that covered already. Some Dual Duty weapons might be something you'd consider, or possibly some reflectors. With your budget you could afford the kind that wouldn't break forever. ;)

Hope this helps. Again, very impressive set. :)

I don't think there are many upgrade options left for you. I would actually really suggest you train your pet as hard as possible because at this point, it's more effective to train your pet than getting new weapons, unless you are trying to participate in a league.

I would aim for Illusen's Staff as a multihealer since you seem to be resourceful enough to gather at least 250M NP worth of wealth so far.

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely give you his card ;) - I will definitely work on training my pet, but I still feel like my set has a few holes. I don't have a particular opponent in mind, just looking for a very well rounded set (and planning ahead of course). I have asked around what the price of Illusen's Staff would be, and it seems to be more than I anticipated, though I would love the multi-heal + dark block to replace my HCC. I don't really have more ideas sadly... besides maybe getting Grapes of Wrath, then replacing that with my bomb, and trading Sword of Reif for another Anagram Sword... but that doesn't seem like a good option either. All I really want is one last item to replace HCC and I would be done with my set.

The other thing that concerns me is that I am using two mono-colored weapons... meaning that they can easily be blocked. For example, my sword of ari can be fully blocked by Shield of Faerieland, while my sword of reif can be mostly reflected back at me... so I was hoping maybe to replace something for more variety... perhaps?

Ok if you are more into 2P then it becomes a bit more tricky. I personally do not have much experience in high tier 2P battles.

Sword of Ari can be replaced by Pirate Captain Cutlass in order to deal some light icons to go through SOF but overall, PCC performs much worse against the other shields... so stick with Ari.

If you really want to cover everything, try to use weapons that are not necessarily high number of icons but deal in weird element combinations. You can build an arsenal of more than 8 HT-tier equipments and then swap between them in order to confuse/trick any 2P that might want to have a rematch with you.

Ok if you are more into 2P then it becomes a bit more tricky. I personally do not have much experience in high tier 2P battles.

Sword of Ari can be replaced by Pirate Captain Cutlass in order to deal some light icons to go through SOF but overall, PCC performs much worse against the other shields... so stick with Ari.

If you really want to cover everything, try to use weapons that are not necessarily high number of icons but deal in weird element combinations. You can build an arsenal of more than 8 HT-tier equipments and then swap between them in order to confuse/trick any 2P that might want to have a rematch with you.

That's a good idea - I didn't think of potentially buying more than 8 HT-tier weapons and swapping them around. I could maybe consider things like Glittery Faerie Dust or Sword of Lameness perhaps.

You could buy more weapons, but I really think you'll get better use out of training. Your pet only has a strength boost of 3! With your two anagram swords and your strength boost, you can do an average of 36 icons at 3 boost, or 108 damage. If you were to put just 10M into buying Altador Strength Potions, which tend to cost around 400k (though the price has been fluctuating), you could gain 125 strength points, making your strength boost 5.5. Then, you would do, on average, 209 damage. You've just almost doubled your damage without upgrading your weapons.

Even if your opponent blocks all of the air icons with Shield of Faerieland, they still can only block 5 icons of fire. If they have a defense boost of 2.5, like you do, then they'll block 12.5 damage of fire. With your current strength boost and the Sword of Reif, you're dealing 45 damage of fire, but if you increase your strength boost to 5.5, you'd be dealing 82.5 fire icons.

As long as your opponent doesn't have a full blocker, increasing your strength boost will increase the amount of damage you do to them.

Alternatively, you could increase your defense boost. Armoured Negg is the cheapest item defense increasers, and it tends to go for around 45K. With just 10M, you could buy 221 Armoured Neggs, to make your defense 314, which has a boost of 6.5. Let's say your opponent attacks you with a Sword of Reif for 15 fire and 3 physical icons. If you defend with your HNMS and your FTab, with the 125 defense boost, you block 30 damage of fire and 30 damage physical. Your opponent need only have a strength boost of 2 to get any damage through. However, if you increase you boost to 6.5, you would block 65 damage of each type. Your opponent would need to have a strength boost of at least 5 to get any damage through.

This is all assuming that you want to item train. You would save a lot of NP if you trained with the training school, and so you could get an incredibly formidable pet for your 100M. It takes a lot more time, though, which is why I suggested a few items that are stat increasers.

Honestly, your stats are pretty low for the strength of your weapons, and you can easily afford to increase your stats to a 5.5 boost on only a fraction of your budget. Training is the best option for you.

If you're still not convinced, consider if you were to fight my pet. I have a pet with over 500 strength and under 125 defense. Let's say you upgrade to Illusens Staff and get to the 125 defense boost. Knowing my weapons, your best move is probably to attack with your Illusens Staff and Faerie Tabard. In this scenario, you would do 13.3-19 icons, which is 39.9 to 57 damage, and you would defend all water, 15 fire, 9 air, 9 earth, and 15 physical damage points. The Illusens Staff also defends all dark and reflects 75% light. Now, I have terrible defense, so I would probably attack you with my Kelpbeards Trident and Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting, which together do 10 physical, 2 light, 3 earth, 3 fire, and 11.25-19 water icons. All of the water and light is blocked, but with my strength boost of 11, I'm still doing 110 physical, 33 earth, and 33 fire damage to you. With your blocking, you're still taking 18 fire + 24 earth + 95 physical = 137 damage. Even with reflecting 75% damage of 22 light, which is only 16.5, I'm doing 137 to you, and you're doing 73.5. That means I'm doing 1.9 times the amount of damage I took from you, even when you're attacking at maximum. As long as I have more than 73 HP, which I do, I would win in one turn.

Alternatively, if you spent your 100M on training, you could probably take my pet easily. You could spend 30M on Armoured Neggs at 45k NP each to get 667 more defense points and max out at a 15 defense boost. Then you could spend 48M on Altador Strength Potions at 400k NP each and max out at a 15 strength boost. Now, with one of your anagram swords and your Faerie Tabard, you do 11.25-19 icons of damage, which is 168.75-285 damage points, and you block all water, 75 fire, 45 air, 15 earth, and 75 physical damage points. I can still get 22 light and 35 physical through, but now you're taking 57 damage instead of 137. Now, this fight will last 3 turns instead of one, so I need to have more than 506 HP to have a chance of winning. Plus, you still have 22M NP left over, which you could use to improve HP so 57 damage isn't close to half your health.

If you're interested in increasing your stats using items in order to do it quickly, check out our Item Training Guide and our Negg Training Guide at the Battlepedia. It has recommendations for increasers for each stat.

Thanks everyone for the advice! - I have someone who is trying to sell my Jhudora's Wand as well. I might try and buy that... then use the remainder to buy stat-boosters.

If I have the chance to buy Jhudora's Wand or Illusen's Staff... which one should I get?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

What Lamppost said, not to mention the fact that at your level you're not likely to the point of Warlock's Rage, not to mention something as incredible as Esph's Stench, which appears to work as a Thick Smoke Bomb combined with a 10 icon attack that works even while frozen.

With Fae Abilities you get three additional rounds of freeze/near full protection. The only way to get these is to increase levels.

Friendly bet, I would bet I could take your premium weapon'd pet with my moderate weapon'd pet because I have a 550 attack and 300 defense boost, and I have lens flare and Warlock's rage.

Thanks everyone for the advice! - I have someone who is trying to sell my Jhudora's Wand as well. I might try and buy that... then use the remainder to buy stat-boosters.

If I have the chance to buy Jhudora's Wand or Illusen's Staff... which one should I get?

Beware Jhodora's Wand is not the same as Illusen's Staff. One is a multi-purpose reflector (for light) the other is a multi-healer. Not sure which is more useful....

Beware Jhodora's Wand is not the same as Illusen's Staff. One is a multi-purpose reflector (for light) the other is a multi-healer. Not sure which is more useful....

He/She probably means Wand of the Dark Faerie. Given out after completing Jhudora's Quest level 50.

If you want to replace your HCC, go with I-Staff, as it blocks dark.(I think) It's cheaper than WotDF.

Wand of the Dark Faerie is more expensive, but has higher attack, higher heal (25% instead of 20% in I-Staff), and reflects light (75%).

He/She probably means Wand of the Dark Faerie. Given out after completing Jhudora's Quest level 50.

If you want to replace your HCC, go with I-Staff, as it blocks dark.(I think) It's cheaper than WotDF.

Wand of the Dark Faerie is more expensive, but has higher attack, higher heal (25% instead of 20% in I-Staff), and reflects light (75%).

Well yeah I wanted to point that out in case he/she was getting confusing between Wand of the Dark Faerie and Jhudora's Wand, which are NOT the same thing.