We're Hiring: Several New Positions!

hrtbrk

We at TDN are hiring several new positions in our Altador Cup, Battlepedia, and News departments. We are also looking for users who are consistently online at midnight NST to help with various site updates as they arise.

If any of these positions peak your interest, apply now!

boo_altadorcup.gifbd_faerieacornslingshot.giftom_ntissue3.gifboo_midnight_wait.gif

Altador Cup | Battlepedia | News | Midnight Staffers

I wonder what sort of time investment you expect from potential staff members? The job description asks for regular updates and contributions, but I'm not really sure what that means. :-)

Depends really on what you're applying for, like if you are after Altador Cup Staff, you'll be needing to be available for coverage during the Altador Cup (obviously), for News Team you'll be wanting to be available to post news as it becomes available, Content Staff you'll be wanting to be around for events that need coverage, and available to do other projects when they are needed, Battlepedia Team you'll be wanting to be able to do weapons updates, testing, etc. We also have a ticket system that always needs some tending to ;)

Regular contributions just mean getting things up-to-date and not disappearing without a word, mostly :) We want our Staffers to stick around and get stuff done! It's not to say you should be available 24/7, but you should be able to set aside enough time to work on things that currently need to be worked on. Each department has their own head, so they'd be your go-to person for to-do lists in each department.

I find myself perfect for you, because I work as a Front-end developer with English speaking clients, I live on the right time zone, I am always online exactly at midnight NST and I am anything but new to neopets. But considering the fact that such a position will most likely ruin my intentions for finishing my master's thesis this summer, I have to endure this temptation :( mumble mumble

I'd love to apply for Battledome, except I can never be sure whether or not I'm going to disappear for a week at a time or so. When my disease makes me feel like poop, I feel like poop WITH A VENGEANCE.

That said, would it be possible to contribute reviews for weapons without officially being on staff? Or could I apply to be, like, an on-off BD staff member? I would like to help out, I just can never guarantee that my spurts of productivity will last long.

I'd love to apply for Battledome, except I can never be sure whether or not I'm going to disappear for a week at a time or so. When my disease makes me feel like poop, I feel like poop WITH A VENGEANCE.

That said, would it be possible to contribute reviews for weapons without officially being on staff? Or could I apply to be, like, an on-off BD staff member? I would like to help out, I just can never guarantee that my spurts of productivity will last long.

I have the same problem! lol

Interested in doing this, know I'm capable when I'm feeling good but when I'm down, I'm down and out, haha.

Still may consider it though, would be a fun experience I think.

I find myself perfect for you, because I work as a Front-end developer with English speaking clients, I live on the right time zone, I am always online exactly at midnight NST and I am anything but new to neopets. But considering the fact that such a position will most likely ruin my intentions for finishing my master's thesis this summer, I have to endure this temptation :( mumble mumble

On the contrary, take this as a motivation to finish your thesis! When you are satisfied with your work, we will still have opened positions. We are often hiring for many departments and even if we don't advertise for it, we have hired people who just sent a letter of interest in the past too. :) Good luck with your master's thesis!

I believe that reviewers can contribute whenever they feel like it, so your tendancy to disappear wouldn't be a big deal over there. You have always seem to be knowledgeable about the battledome, so I'm sure you would make a good addition to the department event without a 100% commitment. We are very understandable people anyway. :)

I have the same problem! lol

Interested in doing this, know I'm capable when I'm feeling good but when I'm down, I'm down and out, haha.

Still may consider it though, would be a fun experience I think.

Pretty much same as above then. We would love to read your application :D

As the ones I'd be interested in say you need to be able to be online at midnight NST frequently and/or on a regular basis what exactly would be considered frequently/regular basis by the staff here?

When I'm working, I don't have a designated finish time, most of the time I'm able to make it home and on neopets by midnight NST, but there are days where we do a lot of overtime and I wouldn't be anywhere near neopets for another few hours..

D305, on 27 Apr 2013 - 08:42, said:

As the ones I'd be interested in say you need to be able to be online at midnight NST frequently and/or on a regular basis what exactly would be considered frequently/regular basis by the staff here?

When I'm working, I don't have a designated finish time, most of the time I'm able to make it home and on neopets by midnight NST, but there are days where we do a lot of overtime and I wouldn't be anywhere near neopets for another few hours..

For the Altador Cup, at least 2-3 nights a week while the event is running. Things like content, it would depend on if there was a midnight event at the time and then you can say something like "Oh I can help handle just about every update" or "Oh, I have to bow out for this event." Now the midnight staffer position, you'd be expected on more frequently because you'll be helping several departments based on their need. (Customization in particular, poor guys).

Sannah, on 27 Apr 2013 - 02:19, said:

I wonder what sort of time investment you expect from potential staff members? The job description asks for regular updates and contributions, but I'm not really sure what that means. :-)

We have our busy times and our slow times. During, say, plots, it's all hands on deck during updates (news time/midnight). Some slow weeks between events, I might log less than 5 hours of actually responding to tickets and fixing errors, helping the BP get prize data or whatever, that I wouldn't otherwise be doing on Neopets, but during the AC I'll log more than 20 a week.

Something else to mention:

The updates start at midnight. Most events take 20-30 minutes. Altador Cup can take more towards 1-2 hours on a good day. Don't say "Oh, I can stay up till midnight on a regular basis" and then balk when it starts taking more than 10 minutes. :D We put a lot of work into the AC coverage, and people seem to enjoy the results so it's worth it to me and I'd love to see other motivated people helping out this year!

I really want to apply for an ACIII position! My time zone is great for being online at 12am-4am, however, I want to wait some more until I finish school officially on the 7th. Would that be too late for applications, since there isn't a particular deadline for the AC positions...?

An additional comment about midnight positions. Most of the time it's mainly NC pages that need to be updated, unless there's a site event such as the Festival of Neggs. The NC updates can take up to 20 minutes, depending on how fast the information is obtained. Most nights these updates can be done in about 5 minutes.

I can't speak entirely for Content, but their updates don't take that long either. I think for the Festival of Neggs our team was able to get the update finished rather quickly. I think it was around 15 minutes.

Midnight updates also usually don't require a lot of work, as the pages are already coded in advance and the new information for that event needs to be put in.

I encourage everyone interested to send in your application!

I really want to apply for an ACIII position! My time zone is great for being online at 12am-4am, however, I want to wait some more until I finish school officially on the 7th. Would that be too late for applications, since there isn't a particular deadline for the AC positions...?

Do you mean the 7th of May or June? May isn't too late at all, June, well, I'd encourage you to go ahead and apply and we can see what we can do about working around that :)