What are your old pounded pets doing now?

peabrain

I used to be the owner of Candybarz the Aisha back when I was about 8 years old. For some reason, because I was a silly 8 year old, I thought it would be a fun and thrilling game to pound her and see if I could grab her up again. So obviously, someone else nabbed her but every time I come back from a hiatus I still like to.. y'know check her out and see how she's doing.

She passed from hand to hand for a while, then somewhere along the line someone painted her Island (I think she was blue before but I can't remember) and then finally someone put her in an ugly suit and left haha

I was just curious if anyone else does this.. check their old pets. And what's happened to them since they've left your ownership?

I have only pounded pets that I've zapped, like missjustina. I keep track of them and check up on them every now and then. I think I've pounded 5 or 6 now, and all but one thus far have gone to accounts that are active.

I don't remember the names of any of my pounded pets. I do sometimes wonder if the past owners of my pets (both of whom I adopted) ever look at my account and check in on them- probably not, since I've had them for 8 years now!

I adopted a relatively badly named Shoyru to achieve a couple avatars, I then turned her into an Ogrin for yet another avatar. After that I started zapping her with my lab ray and after about a week she became a Wraith Ogrin, I put her up for adoption without announcing it so someone would be able to have a nice pet. I check up on her all the time; and since being adopted she hasn't left her new owner yet. :)

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=_Tohma__Seguchi_

I do some adopting pets to zap them and put them back in the pound. I bookmark the pet pages of the pets, but it is usually pretty depressing to look. The most recent one was a fancy colored pet when I put them in, but their new owner zapped them and turned into a Red Ogrin and put them back in the pound. I've been trying to avoid looking for a little while. I'm way too easily attached to pets, even if I don't intend on keeping them.

I rarely look up pets that I've pounded. I agree with Marina - it's just too depressing. I also have a tendency to get too attached to my pixels, even if they were adopted with the intention of zapping and re-homing.

I've definitely pounded some pets. There's just one pet I tended to paint snow to get the avatar and keep it, but then really I was needing space for a quick pet lend and I have to pounded. After it, I looked back and guess what happened :) Because it's not a rare color so I don't always look the pet up. There were sometimes that I looked back at the pet, but that's because my browser memorized the url and it was just curiousity

Flaminmgrose (yes there was a typo when i created her lol - i wasnt very careful!) but the person who owns it now I do not know if they are a guild side account or what but I actually do miss her. Shes a male robot usul now though. She was originally a red lupe. She's 4501 days old today.

Sad thing is the account says its been a long time since they have been on it. I hope she doesn't get deleted! I neomailed saying if they ever wanted to quit neopets or give her away I would love her back.

EDIT.

She was the first pet I ever made on neopets

I rarely look up pets that I've pounded. I agree with Marina - it's just too depressing. I also have a tendency to get too attached to my pixels, even if they were adopted with the intention of zapping and re-homing.

Agreed. I had to stop looking up old pets because they were on inactive accounts. Not that I want them back, but you hope they make it lol

It's funny, I had not thought about previously abandoned pets much but after seeing this topic, I looked up one pet that I had gotten rid of years ago to find that he was actually in the pound. He's now on one of my side accounts. Still the original species too!

some pets i abandoned changed species and

/or color and some of them are on inactive accounts ... I feel a bit sad for letting them go but in the end i wasnt attached to them