What comes next? (And Magi similarity lol)

Yujin

So I know there are others like me out there...who can't battle worth squat...and are waiting for a non-battle part of the plot to come? *.*

It seems like the war part (or at least this opening war lol) is coming to a close, right? Do we get to go inside the obelisk now you think? I'm hoping for puzzles and stuff like from previous plots so that I can actually do something and hopefully earn points in the overall plot. If it's just a 100% war (like, after the winning side comes out and claims the obelisk it's just treasure or w/e and everything goes back to normal) not gonna lie, I'll be pretty upset. But not that surprised, I guess since battlers have been itching for a war forever lol.

ALSO those of you who have read/watched Magi: Labyrinth of Magic, am I the only one who is totally reminded of the "dungeons" that magically appear? :P Maybe after the war everyone gets to go in the obelisk and like the dungeons clear puzzles to get to the treasure at the end, whatever it may be. 8D

Agreed, why not the best of both worlds? :laughingsmiley:

I guess the chances of it just being a war are high. Plot wise I wonder how it's gonna end though...why did they make so many different teams in the first place, I feel like even 3 or 4 would have been more than enough lol.

I think this event is mostly to spotlight and test the revamped Battledome. I don't expect much beyond the "Surprise Attack." I'd love to be proven wrong though! It's about time we had another war, but it's also about time we had another nice plot. I'd love a puzzle element! The event began so epically with those videos, it'd be a shame if it just fizzled out near the end.

They did promise we could enter the obelisk soon... So I'm still hopeful. If this is all it is, I'd be a bit disappointed after all that hype (months of teasers). Especially since this is the first major event (major event = plot/war) since TFR. I expect there to be something once we're inside the obelisk itself, though I don't know if it will be puzzles. A lot of battlers would be miffed if there were suddenly puzzles thrown into a war, but as others have pointed out, battling is always included in plots.

Not always. The Altador mini plot doesn't have any battling in it. I'd like to think there might be a puzzle, after all now we're apparently battling our 'nightmares' which means something doesn't want us to get in there

Well, the Altador mini-plot wasn't a plot... it was a mini-plot. Same with AotA. Just like the KI thing last year wasn't a plot, either. My friend who participated in all the prior wars said that it usually ends with a big "surprise" boss battle when you think it's nearly over, and that's it... then you get the new world/whatever reveal. But the last war was so long ago, and TNT's allowed to change the "rules." So I'm trying not to be too hopeful, but the digging at the beginning was already a little different. Plus the teasers about going inside... but that could just mean a new daily for only those who completed everything (or not even a daily, just a one-time prize shop!).

Yeahhh... Sorry to say this, since you're so hopeful and all(:/), but since the Silver Cask Keys are only available until the 24th, we can pretty well assume that the war is going to end at about that time. Also, since the manifestations of each faction's own personal demons(their particular deadly sin in most cases) take 300 battles on mighty to "Do your part" on this stage of the battle, which is about 6 times more than the other waves, it can be assumed that this part will take up the remainder of that time, since it'll probably take some people over a week to get through it, and all. That's just my theory, though.

Yeahhh... Sorry to say this, since you're so hopeful and all(:/), but since the Silver Cask Keys are only available until the 24th, we can pretty well assume that the war is going to end at about that time. Also, since the manifestations of each faction's own personal demons(their particular deadly sin in most cases) take 300 battles on mighty to "Do your part" on this stage of the battle, which is about 6 times more than the other waves, it can be assumed that this part will take up the remainder of that time, since it'll probably take some people over a week to get through it, and all. That's just my theory, though.

I doubt it - the bosses are timed and based on the rate they're losing HP, we'll probably have a next step by tomorrowish (Sunday at midnight?). And casks aren't being awarded anymore, and per JN there aren't any more out there on the neopets servers waiting to debut - so it makes sense that the NC shop would sell the keys for a few more days to allow anyone to decide to open some last-minute. I don't think that element really has much else to do with whatever might happen or not happen next, plot-wise.

I mean, they stopped selling scanoscopes a while ago, didn't they? And the event/maybe-plot continueth. :)

I managed to get through my battles on Mighty in one evening. It took about 30 seconds per 'battle'. I never had any chance of doing any serious damage but it was enough to fill 'Do your part'. I was also watching TV at the same time so it wasn't too boring.

I'm with you.. crossing my fingers for a puzzle part. "doing your part" is taking forever- I'm about to get carpal tunnel from clicking too much

Haha, Magi reference :D The obelisk does seem like the dungeons.. just like the dungeons, no one knows what's inside the obelisk

I'd love it if it continued into something else like the Faeries Ruin, and they have been giving hints and the such like about getting inside the obelisk but that could mean just about anything...

It also wouldn't surprise me if this was the end and there isn't anything to do after it...

But my internet connection is so wretchedly slow this part is taking forever...much easier to play at work, but then again I'm not meant to be playing at work!

I wouldn't hold your breath for any puzzles at this point. The surprise group battle seems like the end-all to me. Actually entering the Obelisk could be nothing at all, either just an ending story (like the faction videos we got at the start) or it could become a new daily and you get to enter everyday to claim your prize.

I suspect the faction part might be over (or maybe even the whole thing), so TNT has to tally scores and such. They've got plenty to do, even if we've got nothing. Plus yesterday was Sunday, so they may not have wanted to update while no one was in the office. I'm sure they'll communicate with us in the news. Here's hoping it's a hint that there's more to come (though I doubt it -- trying to keep my hopes low so I don't get myself disappointed).

Derp honestly I hope it's not another daily...;_; I mean we recently got the KI ones and the Negg puzzle...

they're definitely going to give out a obelisk war avatar I bet. (and I won't get it cos I can't battle wahaha OTL)

If this is the end, I will be a bit disappointed but not surprised. Usually the big boss (the one I could never beat) means the end of plot. But IF there are some thing after this, I sincerely hope it won't end for at least a week, 'cause I have to be offline for a week starting tomorrow. It would be so frustrating if something does happen and end before I have a chance to do.