what to do with Yellow Luminous Cask

essiw

Um, just a reminder that those cask keys aren't going to be available in the NC Mall forever. So it's best to decide if you want the items or not now, and just discard them rather than having them lay around - they'll be of no use to you in the future, unless you put them in your gallery for display.

I don't think you can give special NC-locked items away in gift boxes, because the casks themselves are not actually NC (they show up in your regular inventory) -- they're just not tradeable, like the Moltaran worms. I've just dumped them in my SDB along with all the old ones, to rot for forever. I suppose if I ever won a surfeit of NC, I might consider opening some of them depending on what's inside, if I could get my hands on keys then. *shrugs* But really, they'll most likely just rot until Neopets goes away. Or my account does.

Indeed. The only things you can do with them are open them, discard them, put them in your SDB or gallery, and if you plan on opening them, you usually have a couple days after an event ends to get the keys from the mall. If more colours are released for the next waves of enemies, I might keep one of each because they look kinda cool, because so far, the prizes don't make me want to open them.

Mine are just storing up beside the snowballs from the Advent Calendar in my SDB. I can't bring myself to just discard the NC item sitting in there (even though I know I can't open them anymore), but I'm not shelling out real money for a random prize - maybe if I got to pick the one I liked and knew I'd put on my pet.

Guys, just put them into your Safety Deposit Box until you want to work for that Rubbish Avatar. That's what I'm doing ;)

That is, unless you already have that avatar... or unless no-trade items don't count towards the discard. Still not entirely sure how the avvie is obtained.

Guys, just put them into your Safety Deposit Box until you want to work for that Rubbish Avatar. That's what I'm doing ;)

That is, unless you already have that avatar... or unless no-trade items don't count towards the discard. Still not entirely sure how the avvie is obtained.

Already 530 unique items in my sdb and my account is only one and a half years old ;) so yeah that is what I will be doing with this NC junk too :)