War discussion - Tell us what your feelings and achievements in the plot!

honk_honk

Also, I've completed 40 fights but my "doing your part" bar still wasn't full. So then I kept going untill i won 40 battles, but it's still stuck somewhere in the middle. Does anyone have the same problem?

What difficulty are you choosing when battling? Could be that it gives a different amount of points depending on difficulty.

I didn't notice the bar until mine was nearly full, so I'm not sure myself.

As far as I'm aware, it works on a points system, lowest difficulty being 1 point, medium being 2 and hardest being 3. Today you could earn a maximum of 120 points for your team - 40 hard battles, 120 easy battles, 60 medium battles, or a combination of the three. I did 2 easy battles, then 1 medium and then 39 hard battles (because I hadn't used the new 'dome yet), so I theoretically got 121 points, but I'm fairly certain that extra point wouldn't have counted.

Getting autohealed after the fight is a nice touch. I'm glad we get that for the war, I hope it isn't a glitch. :laughingsmiley:

However, with my pet's current stats, and how expensive it is to train her at the moment, I can only go so far until the opponents become too hard for her to fight.

I was tickled pink that my pet got healed after the 'battle.' I may not feel the same after a week or so, but I really like the battling and the updated Battledome.

And I may be the only one, but I liked the challenger from the Sway -- I love Xweetoks! And her dress is very pretty.

Getting autohealed after the fight is a nice touch. I'm glad we get that for the war, I hope it isn't a glitch. :laughingsmiley:

However, with my pet's current stats, and how expensive it is to train her at the moment, I can only go so far until the opponents become too hard for her to fight.

Shouldn't have hoarded Dewberry Revivers. *Scolds self*

So it took me 102 battles, of which I won 96 to get my "doing your part" bar full. I always took the easiest level because my pets aren't trained at all, and Rent-a-Brute and the Petty Pilferer were the ones who posed most of a challenge but I got the idea that defeating them filled my bar up more than defeating the others.
I think it all depends on which level you battle.

Wish TNT would confirm whether it's worth doing more battling once you've filled up the 'doing your part' bar.

Some people on the neoboards are reporting they're fought each one hundreds of times. Personally I think they might be wasting their time, but I wish I knew for sure...

Wish TNT would confirm whether it's worth doing more battling once you've filled up the 'doing your part' bar.

Some people on the neoboards are reporting they're fought each one hundreds of times. Personally I think they might be wasting their time, but I wish I knew for sure...

Exactly!! I don't feel like dealing with the lag if it's not worth it. I'm just waiting to see how this will unfold.

Let's see...

Lens Flare is not effective against faerie abilities, but I can one shot them all with a Ylana's Blaster and SoK with Lens Flare.

Here's hoping today's news tells us more about going above the 42 mark on battles. (42 battles to fill up the "Doing your part" meter)

Is it just me or is the mummy comparatively hard to beat (for such a low difficulty)? I've had to go up to three rounds with it while the others have been a one shot. That mummy has some serious tricks up its sleeves.

Also really appreciating that there are unlimited opponents, unlike a previous battledome event where there were waves of x amount of opponents. That was annoying.

I had a similar problem with the petty pilferer the first night of the war, seemed to take a LOT of power and multiple hits to knock him down.

Let's see, accomplishments... In several hours last night I racked up 120 wins against each of my opponents, for a total of 600 victories, on Mighty difficulty. Deciding to call it finished at about 11:30 NST. (before my wrist could rebel for so many clicks. lol)

For a number of those battles, I just used Static Cling with no other weapon or shield. But got bored with that, so now I'm using my bomb to bomb them back to the stone age instead. :D

Working on more victories now. Disappointed that they aren't getting at least a LITTLE harder as we win battles, and also, surprised that Amateur Insider (The Sway) has a Bag of Healing Dust, for being such a low-ranking combatant. I suppose, NPCs in that organization must be pretty darn rich if their weakest can afford a piece like that! Too bad she doesn't seem to know how to use it effectively. lol

Prizes yesterday were pretty good. today's were at least 90% junk. LOL I'd like to see some prizes that are more, war-related, than UGGA DOME related. And I don't mean the NC chests. I mean neopoint regular items that are war-related. ;)

I think the BD glitched on me - I thought I had met my item prize cap after 12 wins...and after my last fight for today, I got another prize. What should I do with it...I think it's a glitch.

I think the BD glitched on me - I thought I had met my item prize cap after 12 wins...and after my last fight for today, I got another prize. What should I do with it...I think it's a glitch.

The casks don't count as items. You may have gotten a random event or picked up a similar prize for a daily (causing you to miscount). Or if you had a faction challenge, the prizes from those are in addition to regular loot drops. I would assume you miscounted and just keep it. Much more likely than TNT's server miscounting (unless you got, like, double, or something -- but if it was only one or two, it's more likely that you overlooked something than a computer did).

The casks don't count as items. You may have gotten a random event or picked up a similar prize for a daily (causing you to miscount). Or if you had a faction challenge, the prizes from those are in addition to regular loot drops. I would assume you miscounted and just keep it. Much more likely than TNT's server miscounting (unless you got, like, double, or something -- but if it was only one or two, it's more likely that you overlooked something than a computer did).

I didn't get any casks today. Also, what happened was I stopped getting items for a couple of fights and then the fight after that I got a prize.

I didn't get any casks today. Also, what happened was I stopped getting items for a couple of fights and then the fight after that I got a prize.

That happened to me as well... although the message wasn't the "you have capped the amount of items you're allowed" - this one said to try again and I might get a prize, then I did? I am not sure.

Only a few fights count per wave? That's... disappointing and good? On the one hand, it would be nice to fight every day, on the other, that would get time consuming quickly, especially with the bigger challengers.

I like the sway xweetok, I just find her amusing.

You sometimes get a message saying you didn't win any prizes for the fight. I never noticed it really until today. I thought I had reached the limit too, but knew I hadn't gotten to the 15th item yet. No casks for me today either. :( I mean, it SAVES me some NC, but the prizes do look kind of cool.

You can submit a ticket if you want, or you could keep track of the number of items in your inventory before you start battling, and then once you get to 15, you know you've reached the limit (not counting the NC casks).

I think that you're probably safe keeping the item though. but if you are really concerned, write a ticket and ask if TNT can check to see if it was a glitch or not.

We have some insider news! A spy accidentally told it to an opposite team's faction leader, who tipped off a friend in a rival faction who then turned and blabbed about it during their tea break over at theMysterious Obelisk, which we then overheard. Apparentlysomething is going to happen this Sunday. Something about 'another wave'? Maybe they are expecting a tsunami. You might want to finish up your battles before this appointed time - just in case.

This was in the news today!! Looks like we're getting a new wave tomorrow!! :D

The sway and thieve's challengers were moderately easy to take down, the seeker's and awakened's guys were surprisingly difficult on the hardest setting and I'm barely winning against the brute's person on the easiest setting. Shows the effect of having the right set, I guess.

Also, what's with all the references to cake?

2nd wave and I cant beat anyone, game over for me. I currently have 0 achievements. Its a total waste except the first day with free stuff at the dig site.

How were you unable to get the first two achievements? I don't intend that as being snarky, but they were made to be extremely easy for everyone to get. One, you just need to equip a weapon to your pet- any weapon. The other, you just need to place a hat on your pet, and win one battle with them- even a pet with starter stats and a cheap weapon should be able to win against the first wave.

Also, what's with all the references to cake?

It's a reference to the popular game Portal, set (I'm pretty sure from cultural osmosis - I haven't actually played) in some sort of test lab where they keep promising subjects cake after the experiments. The joke is that there is never actually any cake. The cake is a lie. :P

2nd wave and I cant beat anyone, game over for me. I currently have 0 achievements. Its a total waste except the first day with free stuff at the dig site.

A waste of what? You get out of site events what you put in - if you weren't willing to train your pets or invest time and NP strategizing then obviously you won't get far.