Official Thieves Guild Discussion Thread

Mouseykins

I made out around 293k and some change on the points. Just went with gut instincts on what I wanted. Not the best move strategically, but ehh. I like my prizes. I've not spent all of it yet, but I'm pleased with what I've gotten so far.

Also very pleased that I get to stick with the Thieves for this next bit. Though, not all that pleased that it seems more battles will be coming. They're truly not my strong suit.

I hope everyone stuck with us ^__^ I'm with the Thieves agin of course, best of luck to everyone and let's hope there will be a few puzzles thrown in this time ;p

As for points I got around 630k and. Got a Shadow PB, the BG, the foreground then random other stuff. I need to gets some NP to buy the other wearables XD

Hopefully this is a good team! I was Sway originally. I had to lose to fill my DYP bars the last couple of rounds last time, but I've been training Ritsunao for fun and she's up from 240ish HSD to 490, so I should do a lot better this time around >:3

Edit 5/2 - I hope this isn't going to be a slow board!

That said, I wonder how points are being scored this round - I can one-hit KO Smug Philosopher/Hedgewitch on the highest difficulty, so I've been doing a lot of that but I wonder if I shouldn't push myself further in the hopes of scoring higher...

Yeah, the Order opponents have always been easier for me to beat than the Seekers. I'm mostly just playing on the two lowest difficulty opponents on hard. Without the autoheal, I don't want to fuss with the middle ones. I'm not nearly as enthused this time. I've never enjoyed battling much and it seems like this is just TNT's way of introducing a new feature. I don't really care about the boons, though I'm hoping there's a chance for avatar/site theme, so I'm still hacking away at the opponents.

I'm so upset that I missed joining after the truce :'( Would have loved to continue to support my thief homeslices through the next waves!

Good luck everyone :*

I'm pretty sure I joined the thieves the 2nd time but how come I didn't get anything when I visited the battlegrounds page? Was I supposed to have battled a few days a day? Because I've probably only fought 10 times total...

I'm pretty bummed cos I reckon this is the best guild and I really wanted the avatar

I'm pretty sure I joined the thieves the 2nd time but how come I didn't get anything when I visited the battlegrounds page? Was I supposed to have battled a few days a day? Because I've probably only fought 10 times total...

I'm pretty bummed cos I reckon this is the best guild and I really wanted the avatar

There is a minimum amount of participation required for the prizes, yes. The same thing happened after the event for members of the Sway who didn't battle enough.

Congrats, Thieves! I'm not as big a fan of this avatar, but the site theme is far superior to the Sway's. :D

Congrats guys! I feel about the same as everyone else it seems. Site theme better than Sway (though I still like my Faerie's Ruin one better, I think), but Sway avatar better. I wonder if there would be a chance to get the Sway avatar in a later round?

The consensus thus far is that Cheaper By the Dozen allows you to buy stocks at 10np rather than 15np (which is what I went with, though I'm not a stock person). Five-Fingered Discount gives a 10% discount at Neopian shops (not user shops). Scratch Master allows you to buy two scratch cards straight away rather than waiting before buying another. LOL Avies lets you steal(read: copy) any avatar you want for the duration of the boon and does not add to your avatar count. Doppelganger is still being figured out, but has to do with the battledome. The theories I've heard so far are that it might allow a single use item to be used twice before disappearing or that it might give double of a prize randomly.

Thieves to the end!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I wonder if there would be a chance to get the Sway avatar in a later round?

I'll be very surprised if there isn't! It seems like this is going to be a semi-monthly event from now on to keep people interested in the battledome (and keep codestones/dubloons/faeries/weapons in demand), so I'm sure we'll see the Sway pop up on the competitors list again before long. :D

So we won the second round. Sweet. I wonder what will happen next. Any ideas?

It seems like this will be a fortnightly event. Choose one of three teams, battle away, and the winning team gets an avatar, site theme, and various boons.

I would think it makes sense to switch teams to the one you think most likely to win, so you get the avatar and theme.

Am I the only one that HATES that the Sway are even included again? -_-* And as the boards are saying, it seems everyone is joining up with The Order, meaning also a bunch of free loaders. Which makes me want to join the Seekers yet not sure if enough people will join to pull out a win/even try to.

Wait, I'm confused. Does this mean The Thieves are done?

For the moment. The Sway showed up again, annoyingly, so maybe our Thieves will too. Unless the Sway win again and proves a different avatar and theme could be won for them I don't think I'd join the theives again anyway because I'm a theme and avatar collector so...But if a different avatar and theme could be won for the theives I'd join again.