Aethia's Ability Academy Opens!

hrtbrk

My sister had a similar thing happen. It seems like a bug so she sent in a ticket. Might be a good idea not to spend it, just in case ;)

Ah thanks. I'd like if they didn't take it back...it's in the bank for now anyway :P It'll only get spent on more abilities after all.

I hope they get round to fixing all the bugs in BETA before unleashing it in a plot :S

I received 45,000 NPs, an avatar but no trophy! I battled a lot in the old Battledome and have been battling in the new Beta Battledome since it opened up.

Wondering if it's a glitch. Has everyone received a trophy? Thanks in advance.

:tired:

have you checked your lookup? If so and it's not there, I would give it a while and then submit a ticket.

Maybe only Premium members get Battledome Veteran trophies?

I got the Space Faerie avatar, trained my BD Pet a lot, battled him a lot during and ever since the last plot.

have you checked your lookup? If so and it's not there, I would give it a while and then submit a ticket.

Thanks for responding and yes, SprngFlwr, I have checked my lookup several times. Also I refreshed several times.
Good idea to submit a ticket whenever I can open that page up.

Are you still getting lag? I can only load one board there, no games and I think I made a mistake in trying to add a Faerie ability today because it froze.

Also Springflwr, was wondering where on the TDN forums do they normally announce problems such as the server down, massive lag like today with the Neopets site? I usually google it, and try the site are they down or is it just me or whatever that site is to find out what's going on yet would rather read about it here.

Thanks!

Okay thanks Spritzie. I'm sorry for my mistake. :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I also went to the main battledome page and did not recieve a trophy or avatar or neopoints.

I am hoping that is a result of bugginess and lagginess right now. I am going to the correct page, yes?

The abilities page isn't even loading for me, I have had it open for so long, I guess some patience is going to be required. I just hope the craziness dies down a bit. Thank you TDN for keeping us updated :)

I also went to the main battledome page and did not recieve a trophy or avatar or neopoints.

I am hoping that is a result of bugginess and lagginess right now. I am going to the correct page, yes?

The abilities page isn't even loading for me, I have had it open for so long, I guess some patience is going to be required. I just hope the craziness dies down a bit. Thank you TDN for keeping us updated :)

My response to clarityburns:

The page where I got the 45K NPs and avatar but no trophy was a link found in the News section. Then I also loaded the Faeries abilities from a link in the the same section in news. For me, clicking on the link on the actual page resulted in massive lag and did not work.

I am not a premium member and I got a trophy. Also, the site is definitely still lagging... :(

My response to ehsgeek15:

Thanks ehsgeek15. I very much appreciate hearing that some non-premium members have not been excluded from receiving a trophy.

__

My response to Sprngflwr asking for answer in case Sprngflwr hasn't seen it:

Also Springflwr, was wondering where on the TDN forums do they normally announce problems such as the server down, massive lag like today with the Neopets site? I usually google it, and try the site are they down or is it just me or whatever that site is to find out what's going on yet would rather read about it here.

Thanks!

__

My first apology to Spritzie for making a mistake resulting in Spritzie having to red-line edit my responses,

followed by my request for someone to please answer my question:

Okay thanks Spritzie. I'm sorry for my mistake. :(

Hopefully someone could please answer my question to Springflwr above regarding where one might find on the TDN forums a post where someone else may have posted information related to Neopets' lag, or announcing that the Neopets server is down, etc.

Again my sincere apologies to all TDN staff for my causing any problems or disruption when I posted a new question and response rather than adding onto a post I had already posted.

Thank you. :)

__

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

My humble apology to Spritzie and all TDN Moderators with my sincere request that my errors be forgiven:

Spritzie and all TDN Moderators:

Thank you for the work all of you outstanding Moderators are doing here on TDN.

Please accept my sincere and humble apology for making yet another mistake (!) :( and this after you had already red-lined edited my post. I have been a member here awhile, yet don't post often enough here to have recalled the strict posting guidelines in force here. However I do understand that space-saving on servers is crucial in any web site operation.

While it would have been nice to have someone answer my question above, or provide a link for someone who is still relatively new here, a link where one could always expect to find information about the latest server problems on Neopets, again I understand the priorities here are about saving space.

Sincerely, I hope that you will forgive my blundering mistakes.

Thank you again! :)

__

My new question regarding the apparent error I made when I posted more than once in this thread. Even though I was responding to others, my posts were longer than seven words, contained no chat speak, had 1 or less smiley and answered or responded to a question rather than repeating anything, other than the use of the quote function here.

Perhaps my error is in failing to understand the complete or at least any implied meanings of Rule #8:

8. "Double posts (you can hit "EDIT" on your existing post!). "

If by double posts it is meant that no more than one separate posted response per thread by one person is allowed, I am truly sorry for failing to have understood that. :(

__

@ coopkaty, thank you for your reassurances. :)

No one wants to break any rules anywhere, or at least most people don't like breaking rules. As an adult and a rigid rule follower myself, this experience has been more than a little humiliating.

When I joined I read the TDN rules several times. I am afraid to say anything more for fear of not having understood something else. :(

__

My response to @ Xepha:

Typically, we don't post news when Neopets is experiencing server problems. It's happening more and more, and that would be extremely difficult to catch.

However, we have a thread on the forums, pinned in our help section, titled Official Neopets down/having issues. Check it out when you want to know if you are the only person having problems.

Thank you for responding, Xepha. :)

That's understandable yet it seemed that TDN being Neopets leading sister site, it might have been posted here on TDN. In the past year and prior to the most recent onset of hard crashes, I always looked here first on the TDN forums hoping to find some mention that others were also having trouble accessing Neopets. Yet I could never find a newly posted comment and only found several days older comments. That is why I asked above for a possible link.

Glad you found one for me! Thank you! :)

__

My response to @ ashleagh :

Hmmmm...do we know how the neopoints were awarded? My battle pet had every single one of the abilities but I was only awarded 49k np

Ashleagh, my Pet had all the abilities too, the best of them, Sink and Drain Life were my favorite abilities, but I only received 45,000 NPs, the avatar and no trophy despite having battled over 1,400 times in the old BD and probably much more than 1,400 times in the new Beta BD. Hopefully when they get the site running again, they might have some answers.

Just noticed that there have been people receiving trophies for having only one battle.

@ClarityAvast

I can't say anything on behalf of the staff. But trust me, they know we all make mistakes XD I'm sure Spritzie is right about sick of fixing all my errors.

ANYWAY. I didn't get a trophy T-T but I'm pretty sure I only battled like once in the old BD (ah haha nerd face) so yay to all those peeps with shiny trophies, and if you got more then a few np but no trophy or if you haven't gotten anything yet give it a lil time then send in a ticket. I'm sure TNT will soon be swamped with tickets XD

what are the factors for getting a better trophy? i only have the bronze one but i have around 48000+ pts. there is someone who only have almost 800 but has the gold trophy. is this then about the ratio between wins:losses:draws? or is this a glitch? or can we maybe 'upgrade' the trophy soon? i feel sad. i want a silver at least

anybody? :)

@ClarityAvast:

Typically, we don't post news when Neopets is experiencing server problems. It's happening more and more, and that would be extremely difficult to catch.

However, we have a thread on the forums, pinned in our help section, titled Official Neopets down/having issues. Check it out when you want to know if you are the only person having problems.

wait this message didn't really make sense to me. so you get an ability and then have to train it? is it like before when you have to open so many bottles and be a certain level or no? I think I will wait until people really know what the best abilities are like last time.

Do we have people testing abilities in each tier to figure out what they do? Or does anyone already know how to figure out what they do before we train? Does anyone know if you have to train the smaller tiers before you can train the bigger ones?

If not, I'm willing to help. FOR SCIENCE!

what are the factors for getting a better trophy? i only have the bronze one but i have around 48000+ pts. there is someone who only have almost 800 but has the gold trophy. is this then about the ratio between wins:losses:draws? or is this a glitch? or can we maybe 'upgrade' the trophy soon? i feel sad. i want a silver at least

anybody? :)

this is what i think: the amount of NP yuu receive corresponds to how many faerie abilities yuu had before, whereas the trophy probably depends on how many battles yuu won/fought. so yuu probably had more faerie abilities than yuur friend, but maybe they battled more/won more battles.

there may be a glitch to the amount of NP being handed out, but a lot of people got around what yuu got.

and sorry, i dont think yuu can upgrade this trophy because its for yuur performance in the old battledome and its gone now. ): but at least yuu got a trophy! ^^ i didnt battle at all. xD

There has been a post on TNT's board on the Neoboards adressing the grant issues here: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=153430282

"Hello!

If you can read this then the lag has shown you mercy, if only for a moment. Huzzah!

If you attempted to collect veteran rewards soon after they launched,
the current lag spike -- which is unrelated, coincidentally. It's a
database issue and we're working on it! -- might have caused some
rewards to go un-granted. We've coded in some extra fail-safes to
prevent this from happening in the future, but if you were already
affected then please check below for a solution to your particular
issue:

- If you're missing all of the rewards, please visit the main Battledome page again later. As the lag subsides, your rewards will be granted. (http://www.neopets.com/dome)

- If you received one reward but are missing another, please submit a
Battledome bug ticket with the information requested so we can grant you
the rewards you're due!

TROPHY: First check to make sure you have wins in the old
Battledome. If you do and you still didn't get the trophy, submit the
ticket! Please make sure we have your username, as well as how many
fights you've won in the old Battledome (so we can give you the proper
trophy). You can find that stat on your user lookup.

NEOPOINTS: Check that you had learned at least one of the old abilities. (http://www.neopets.com/abilities.phtml)
If you have at least one and still didn't get Neopoints, please include
your username and the names of your Neopets with abilities in your
ticket.

AVATAR: That was granted to everyone who had at least one win in
the old BD. If you should have gotten it but didn't, please include your
username and the number of wins you had in the old Battledome when you
submit your ticket.

Sorry again for the trouble. We'll get your rewards granted ASAP as
tickets come in and we're working to fix the issue causing the lag. (It
might be a while. We'll keep you posted.)

- The Neopets Lag-Loathing Team"

Do we have people testing abilities in each tier to figure out what they do? Or does anyone already know how to figure out what they do before we train? Does anyone know if you have to train the smaller tiers before you can train the bigger ones?

Our BP crew would appreciate to be notified of any discoveries you make. :P

The abilities page just refuse to load here, so even though I have some points to spend, I can't do it now. :(

And I'd try to explain how things work for Summer, but it's pretty confusing until you see if for yourself. In a nutshell, bless your pet to gain "favor points" with faeries. Then each abilities cost some of these favor points. You can train one abilities per row (e.g. level 1, level 5...) And if you change your mind on which abilities you want to be active, you will have to spend some more favor points.

One major difference now is that this abilities system encourage people to keep training their pet up to level 500!!!

I'm trying to access mine but nothing is happening and keep getting the message saying "Sorry, the Battledome is down! But don't worry, it should be back up soon."

What should I do in this situation? I don't want to miss out on getting the avatar.. D;

I'm trying to access mine but nothing is happening and keep getting the message saying "Sorry, the Battledome is down! But don't worry, it should be back up soon."

What should I do in this situation? I don't want to miss out on getting the avatar.. D;

BD is down right now, it was causing hella lag earlier. I doubt the page will expire, I would just try the link again tomorrow. :)

It seemed to be ok to train at Tier 2 (level 5) as I happened match one of the requirements. I have a slow connection and was having trouble getting a fight started.

Now the whole battledome is down, if they don't get it working it certainly will make the upcoming war very complicated.

Ahem, scheduling a major resource and bandwidth drain at the same time you are trotting out a new platform,.,.,.,.,. Well, I might have jumped out of air planes for my MOS, but I wouldn't be crazy enough to try to do that.