I cannot access my account D:

shamanious

Hello. I haven't played neopets in quite sometime and I have forgotten the password to my account. I believe I have the correct email, yet when I do the "Password Recovry thing" and enter in my email, it does not send the email. It SAYS I sent the email and the white cybunny shows up smiling. I checked to make sure that my email account wasn't broken or anything and I had a friend send an email. I got the email within seconds. I have sent many requests for my password, yet none of the emails neopets said they sent out went through. Any suggestions? :(

The neopet emails are not in the junk folder or any other folder.

It's possible you've been hacked, even though you were gone and your account was inactive. More than half of anybody who has ever played Neo has had their account hacked at least once and lost said account to hackers. It's the only thing I have that is even remotely an answer, sorry, I know that is not much help.

How long as your account been inactive for? If it's been a while it may have gotten purged from their system.

I know TNT is updating the password recovery system, so it could also be that as well. If there's nothing really of value on your account that you're trying to get into without success, I'd suggest creating a new account to use in the meantime and if you can ever get into your old account you can either use it as a side account or make it your new main account.

If you plan to eventually have two accounts please take a look at this thread. It goes over the ins and outs of what you can do on your accounts and what you can't.

It's possible you've been hacked, even though you were gone and your account was inactive. Just about everybody who has ever played Neo has had their account hacked at least once and lost said account to hackers.

Umm this is kind of misinformation. I've been playing Neopets for almost 9 years and have not been hacked or had any of my accounts compromised.

It's also unnecessary to cause people to panic and think that just because they cannot get into their account then they've been hacked. Only assume you've been hacked when all other options have been exhausted and you have proof.

It's possible you've been hacked, even though you were gone and your account was inactive. Just about everybody who has ever played Neo has had their account hacked at least once and lost said account to hackers. It's the only thing I have that is even remotely an answer, sorry, I know that is not much help.

But why do the emails say they were sent?

How long as your account been inactive for? If it's been a while it may have gotten purged from their system.

I know TNT is updating the password recovery system, so it could also be that as well. If there's nothing really of value on your account that you're trying to get into without success, I'd suggest creating a new account to use in the meantime and if you can ever get into your old account you can either use it as a side account or make it your new main account.

Umm this is kind of misinformation. I've been playing Neopets for almost 9 years and have not been hacked or had any of my accounts compromised.

Its been inactive for about 4 years, but when I try to login (and fail) the neopet is still there.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It's also unnecessary to cause people to panic and think that just because they cannot get into their account then they've been hacked. Only assume you've been hacked when all other options have been exhausted and you have proof.

It was the only thing I could think of, and MOST players have been hacked...just not us, but that was probably because we were either lucky or just skilled at keeping our accounts safe. I really don't know how else this person could not access his account unless it was purged.

But why do the emails say they were sent?

I don't know....it's possible that it could say the email was sent regardless if your account was hacked or purged.

It was the only thing I could think of, and MOST players have been hacked...just not us, but that was probably because we were either lucky or just skilled at keeping our accounts safe. I really don't know how else this person could not access his account unless it was purged.

I don't know....it's possible that it could say the email was sent regardless if your account was hacked or purged.

Do you think there is ANYWAY I can get my account back?

Since your account has been inactive for 4 years I honestly think creating a brand new account is the way to go. Your account has most likely been purged from the system.

If you really want to get your account back you would still need to create a new account for the mean time so that you can communicate with TNT. You can go to the help section and open a ticket and see if there's anything they can do for you. It may be a long shut, but if you want to give it a try go ahead. :)

Since it hasn't been logged into for four years, it's probably in the process of being purged or already was.

If you can type in your account name and see that it is still active, the only thing you can do is contact TNT by sending in a ticket. They will give you further instructions to help confirm you are the owner of the account. If you meet their requirements, they'll return your account to you.

Do you think there is ANYWAY I can get my account back?

There might be, but whatever it is, I don't know. My best suggestion is to just create a new account for now until you get this issue fixed, and send in a help ticket. If you cannot send a help ticket when logged in, you can do so on your new account.

I've used the password recovery a couple times in the past (as well as for other sites) and sometimes, I don't get the email immediately. The last time I needed a password reset for my twitter account, I think it was over 24 hours before I got the email, and once for Neo, I remember it being at least a couple hours. Not sure what causes the delay, but it may still turn up! It's also possible you used a different address when you created the account. You could try requesting the password using any old email addresses you might have used when you created the account.

If you find that the account is still active (a really easy way to check is to type it into the searchbar on the left under your active pet), you can send in a ticket. When you search, it will return the account as a result if it hasn't been purged.

I've used the password recovery a couple times in the past (as well as for other sites) and sometimes, I don't get the email immediately. The last time I needed a password reset for my twitter account, I think it was over 24 hours before I got the email, and once for Neo, I remember it being at least a couple hours. Not sure what causes the delay, but it may still turn up! It's also possible you used a different address when you created the account. You could try requesting the password using any old email addresses you might have used when you created the account.

If you find that the account is still active (a really easy way to check is to type it into the searchbar on the left under your active pet), you can send in a ticket. When you search, it will return the account as a result if it hasn't been purged.

Like others, I don't always get the emails.

More times than not I don't.

They aren't in my junk folder, either.

But, I always get the neolodge check outs and NC redemption emails...