Seeking assistance with BD set

Hey everyone! I am currently seeking help with creating a BD set. I have 1.9M to spend, maybe as much as 2M. I have already purchased a Hanso Charisma Charm, and own a leaf shield - but I'm not sure I'm happy with the shield.

Kevitt's stats are:

Lvl : 127
Str : 212
Def : 210
Mov : 201
Hp : 211 / 211

Can anyone recommend a well rounded set that will work for my level and my budget? I'm starting to get VERY VERY stressed.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

=)

Right now, everything is inflated so it'd be hard to buy a decent set with 2 mil.

You have HCC

Get a Parasol of Unfortunate Demise (cheap full light blocker)

For now with your stats I'd get more to spend.

2 x Scroll of Knowledge

Downsize!

Honey Potion (or save for Rainbow Clockwork Gundo 2.5 mil+ )

A healer. I'd save for Bag of Healing Dust because Greater Healing Scroll doesn't seem to be worth it with your high stats.

Shields are an interesting concept, they only work if they match your opponent's weapon. Hanso's Charm work's great for those opponents in BD that use a lot of dark (You own Syd with a HCharm). It is better to get some weak shields that match your opponents weapons, Leaf, Shiny Shoal, Patch. I just invested in a Royal Blue myself, but that is not the one you need for your set. Study you opponents weapons before a match (possible in a war) find the shield that will do the most good for the weapons that would do the most harm for you. You've got Earth,Water, Dark and Light covered, something for fire would be great.

There are a bootload of cheap 15 muffin's available. Get a variety of a 50 muffins, for those battles where the right attack icons are need more than an eleven weapon. I'd get muffins over a healer.

P.S. I don't know what is really good for air, I need to find a good air blocker myself.

Personally, I'm getting a Al. Swordbreaker. Not nearly as cheap as it was, but a full Phy. Blocker and attack icons? Unless the hypothetical War Opponent can block Earth, it should be a great niche weapon.

Your stats are really good. For one, stop training movement because you have access to the Heavy Robe of Thievery now :) Train up to a 250 boost for both your attack and defense.

You already have a Leaf Shield and a Hanso Charisma Charm which is pretty nice. I agree with Finn on the suggestion of a Downsize! as it will serve you for a very long time until you can afford the ever-expensive Thyoras Tear.

For constants, I also agree with Finn that you could get a Scroll of Knowledge x2. I also suggest you get a Rusty Pitchfork (11 icons attack, 5 physical icons defend) and I agree with coltom as well with the suggestion of Altadorian Swordbreaker. Finn pretty much covered most of what I wanted to suggest for shields as well.

I don't suggest Honey Potion, however. I don't find it's power-to-price ratio alright. I'd rather suggest Swift Darkfire Negg or the 15-icon muffins because, although they're one use, they're a lot cheaper. You can get Robot Muffin for around 500 nps or less (or even for free through the BD). If you're looking to buy a (near) 13-iconer then go for an Ylanas Blaster, Altador Throwing Star, or Bow of Destiny.

Your healer is definitely the trickier one. I'd suggest you get a Greater Healing Scroll as well (as it is the only one that fits your budget). But for long-term use, I definitely suggest you check out Everlasting Crystal Apple and Crisp Blue Tunic as I think you'll find them interesting.

For more information, check out TDN's Battlepedia here: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

They have Basic Battle Sets that really helped me out when I was starting out. I still use them today :D Good luck! :)

Your stats are really good. For one, stop training movement because you have access to the Heavy Robe of Thievery now :) Train up to a 250 boost for both your attack and defense.

You already have a Leaf Shield and a Hanso Charisma Charm which is pretty nice. I agree with Finn on the suggestion of a Downsize! as it will serve you for a very long time until you can afford the ever-expensive Thyoras Tear.

For constants, I also agree with Finn that you could get a Scroll of Knowledge x2. I also suggest you get a Rusty Pitchfork (11 icons attack, 5 physical icons defend) and I agree with coltom as well with the suggestion of Altadorian Swordbreaker. Finn pretty much covered most of what I wanted to suggest for shields as well.

I don't suggest Honey Potion, however. I don't find it's power-to-price ratio alright. I'd rather suggest Swift Darkfire Negg or the 15-icon muffins because, although they're one use, they're a lot cheaper. You can get Robot Muffin for around 500 nps or less (or even for free through the BD). If you're looking to buy a (near) 13-iconer then go for an Ylanas Blaster, Altador Throwing Star, or Bow of Destiny.

Your healer is definitely the trickier one. I'd suggest you get a Greater Healing Scroll as well (as it is the only one that fits your budget). But for long-term use, I definitely suggest you check out Everlasting Crystal Apple and Crisp Blue Tunic as I think you'll find them interesting.

For more information, check out TDN's Battlepedia here: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

They have Basic Battle Sets that really helped me out when I was starting out. I still use them today :D Good luck! :)

Honey Potion's price is stable so I recommended it. Other 13 iconers are now 3x price. Y-Blaster and Brynn's Sword are 1.5 mil+. AC Throwing Star went to 4 mil for a week and then I deflated it to 2 mil. :P

Honey Potion is a little obsolete now, with other 13 iconers around the same price, but are multiple use rather than once-per-battle. However, Finn makes a good point. If the price is stable, it's probably worth it right now, and you can always sell later.

Honey Potion's price is stable so I recommended it. Other 13 iconers are now 3x price. Y-Blaster and Brynn's Sword are 1.5 mil+. AC Throwing Star went to 4 mil for a week and then I deflated it to 2 mil. :P

I saw one (AC throwing star) in the TP at like 1.4 mil NP a few days ago.

Alright, so as of right now, I have:

Hanso Charisma Charm

Swift Darkfire Negg Bomb

Downsize!

Scroll of Knowledge x2

Altadorian Swordbreaker

Leaf Shield

Greater Healing Scroll

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

I made a lot of money yesterday, and am currently sitting at 3.7M. I can make the last 300K today, so my question is should I buy a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo? Or maybe sell my Greater Healing Scroll and make an Everlasting Crystal Apple?

Alright, so as of right now, I have:

Hanso Charisma Charm

Swift Darkfire Negg Bomb

Downsize!

Scroll of Knowledge x2

Altadorian Swordbreaker

Leaf Shield

Greater Healing Scroll

I made a lot of money yesterday, and am currently sitting at 3.7M. I can make the last 300K today, so my question is should I buy a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo? Or maybe sell my Greater Healing Scroll and make an Everlasting Crystal Apple?

If you could get Rainbow Clockwork Grundo, that's great. I would've recommended it if it was in your budget. Its a good bomb that isn't inflated.

Yeah I think I'll do it. A friend helped me by buying a bunch of stuff yesterday, so I'm 2M richer! Wooooohoooo!

Also, loving the healing scroll. I heal up before the end of easy battles and don't have to worry about my HP!

Yeah I think I'll do it. A friend helped me by buying a bunch of stuff yesterday, so I'm 2M richer! Wooooohoooo!

Also, loving the healing scroll. I heal up before the end of easy battles and don't have to worry about my HP!

Hey! So, just a recap, what do you currently have now? And how much money do you have right now? :D

Hanso Charisma Charm

Swift Darkfire Negg Bomb

Downsize!

Scroll of Knowledge x2

Altadorian Swordbreaker

Leaf Shield

Greater Healing Scroll

as well as a ton of muffins in my SDB

I have 3.9M, in the bank, and I figure I'll hold it in case of emergencies, seeing as the rainbow clockwork grundo's price won't change.

And when the plot rolls around, BAM!, I'll buy it. =)

Alright. Well, judging by the current amount you have in your bank. I'd suggest buying the Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy instead of a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo, as it would be more beneficial since you would be able to use it multiple times, as opposed to the bomb which is once-per-battle :D

Thanks! I hit another lucky break today, got a Pirate Draik Egg from the shore. I'm trying to sell it now, looks like someone or something out there wants me to have an amazing battle set!

PS - couldn't se a sellers/trade board, so I thought I'd let anyone who looks here know that I will let it go for 1.8M, 100K cheaper than I've seen in TP/Auctions. Just neomail me if you or anyone else are interested!

Edited by manniqueen

WHOA! Where did you find that? That IS super lucky! :D I'm not in the market for a draik, but congrats on that AWESOME get! *claps* Hope you get a good sale! Have you thought about what equipment you might buy with that boost to your bank account? LOL

No traders forum, but I'm inquiring about it! lol. ;)

Haven't decided if I will change up my plans for my set. I now have 5.7M (wacko in a few days, right?). I found the egg at the forgotten shore, and already sold it. Luckily all of my plans involve aiming for items from the hidden tower, so I won't have to deal with inflation if I hold on to it and see how much more I can make.

At the forgotten shore? Awesome! :D Best I've ever gotten from there was 10knp. Congrats on the quicksale of the draik egg you found there! :D

LOL Yeah, getting that much NP in one day DOES sound kinda crazy. Crazy COOL! ;)

Yeah, Hidden Tower items would be the only ones to not get inflated, since most people sell under the HT price that's due to the current HT items having a fixed price and possibly infinite stock of it's goodies. :D

NIIICEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I suggest you sell and upgrade your bank account. But that's just me :))))

Alright. Then I definitely suggest you use it if you want. If you've already sold it, then use the money to buy items for training :D