Main Acccount Frozen?!?!?

dynamic_dragon

Hi all!

My account dynamic_dragon (of which I have had for nearly 10 YEARS) was abruptly frozen yesterday. I am still quite shocked and stunned, I've sent in a ticket already so I hope to hear from TNT soon.

Yesterday on the Neoboards a user received a Fountain Faerie Quest and asked for a particular item, I decided to help and there was none on the TP or Auctions so I googled the item. The only website that I could find an estimated price for this item was Neo[Removed]. I simply typed into the forum reply ' According to the Neo[Removed] DB this item is worth such and such NP'. The next 5 minutes I was logged out and frozen for apparently 'Using a 'cheat' or downloadable cheat program'.

My first response was obviously me having no clue what this was about as I would never do anything to risk my account and I told TNT this myself, though I now believe it's got to do with my Neo[Removed] response. Throughout my years on the site I have constantly helped out others by donating NP and even rarity items so I would never 'CHEAT'. I filled out the form as thoroughly as I could but this just seems ridiculous. What are the chances they have of unfreezing my account? Technically I did NOT cheat or use a cheat program so they've frozen me for the wrong issue first of all and second I've never done anything wrong and if they check my account history they can see that I was only trying to help out another user on the boards. There is proof of this on their own servers/databases/whatever. I wrote the letter as politely and respectfully as possible, so I do hope they can see my reasoning and identify it was simply an honest mistake. They even have fan sites on their own webpage so I added that I didn't realise this was not a part of those websites, but I never provided any links all I used was the Neo[Removed] name.

I'm really praying that my account gets unfrozen, hopefully they can have a bit of respect towards a user of 10 years, all of my items and NP took me so hard to earn!! Please give me a bit of hope!

Thanks

It seems to be just a case of 'mistaken for cheating'. Your response probably accidentally got red flagged as a suggestion to cheat. Once TNT reviews your ticket you 'should' be alright.

Edit: if you do get it back (crossing my fingers for you) you should keep a little note to only reference TNT recognized sites,just to be safe

Saying "Neo[Removed]" on Neopets will get you automatically frozen.

It's a grey area but hopefully TNT notices that people also use their item database and not everyone who uses their site is a cheater.

Hopefully you get your account back :)

Next time, do not mention sites that are not apart of Neopets' Fan Sites, just for your account safety.

Next time I will definitely not say Neo[Removed] that is for sure! But TNT can definitely see my post so I'm hoping that they do realise I was honestly trying to help out another user of the boards and I said this nearly two times over in my ticket. I cannot express how furious I am but I've asked a few people and they agree it isn't cheating, just an automated case of mistaken 'cheating' due to the word Neo[Removed] used. I know for a fact all of the information I provided was adequate to prove it is my account, I'm just hoping I get unfrozen...

I actually had no idea what that site was at the time of my posting O.O sorry. But like I said, honest mistake right? Or perhaps TNT is secretly working with Jellyneo to take over the fansite world!

Just kidding! I love JN almost as much as TDN

I honestly did do nothing wrong besides enter that word Neo[Removed] and the only reason I did it was because as stated before I was trying to find a price of an item for a member doing a FFQ. It was obviously the monitors reacting to a false alarm considering it was nearly 4:00 am NST and I don't think any of the TNT staff would be at work at 4 in the morning to freeze my account personally. Like I've said, I didn't cheat and I never used a downloadable program so really I have high hopes I will get it back, if they don't then I'm just completely shattered.

While I don't think you should have been frozen for this, I can kind of see why they do it. By mentioning neo[Removed], you're making other users aware of an unsavoury site, regardless of your intentions.

It's best to be super paranoid about what sites you mention on neopets :P

I hope you get your account back. It's obvious that you didn't mean any harm and hopefully that will be good enough.

I can definitely understand why the monitors have auto-frozen my account, I just hope TNT see my side of things and don't just knock it off (considering they should have the proof themselves). To be honest I just want it un-frozen as I've worked too hard to have everything go to waste and it's not as if I was redirecting people to that website I didn't even post a link, I just said according to the neo[Removed] item db the price is 90k or whatever I happened to write. I mentioned this to TNT in the ticket and I pretty much begged them to give me my account back because it was an honest mistake, nothing much else to it. I hope the TNT staff are supportive and respond quickly to my ticket :(

The safest thing is never to mention off-site websites. TNT, Jellyneo, and Sunnyneo are the safe ones because they're actually linked to from neopets. (By the way, Jellyneo has an item database.)

But since it's too late for that...I'm really hoping that you get your account back. I would explain to them that people have (since the incident) informed you that it's not a good site, but you were really only using their item database for an estimated price.

I'm really surprised that they would freeze, no warning, a ten year account that hasn't had problems before. Good luck!

Hi Karina,

I have already sent the ticket so I can't add anything just yet, but to be safe I did tell TNT that Neo[Removed] was the only site I found to have a price for the item (JellyNeo did not) and hence why I used it for a price estimate. I'm so nervous I just want a reply back lol.

In case anybody is wondering, this is a portion of something I wrote (from memory) to TNT in my ticket. Note that this isn't exact, just rom what I remember, let me know if this was ok please?

'The only thing I could possibly think of was because I checked a price on the Neoboards for somebody and I wrote something among the lines of 'According to the Neo[Removed] Item DB this item is worth such and such NP'. I only wrote this because I was trying to help another user out and I never intended this as a 'cheat'. It was simply the only website I could find that had a price listed for the item the user requested. Please forgive me for this honest mistake, as I have seen the Neopets Fan Sites on the Neopets website and just thought it was ok to help out another user. My account means so much to me and after 10 years I am just shattered that this has happened because of trying to help out another neopets member. TNT staff, I apologise if this was the reason, but I promise you I had no intention of cheating or directing others to cheat. Please return my account, thanks.'

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Fingers crossed! Like I said though, the reason for my account being frozen isn't justified...I wasn't using a downloadable program (for one I don't even know how to use one to cheat on the website) and two I simply wasn't cheating so yes fingers crossed TNT see my side and give me back my account.

Thank you! Thanks to everybody else as well for all of your support! I have a feeling that I might get lucky because as I said in my ticket I apologised for whatever I seemingly did wrong but at the end of the day they have frozen me on wrong terms, there was no cheating whatsoever involved so if they do not unfreeze me I will send another e-mail with a complaint, not that it will do much but they should really think about themselves and their support system. I understand it was an automated message but it's aimed at something I didn't do, it's not as if I posted a link all I did was say the name of the website. Hopefully because of my 10 year old account they will understand that accidents do happen and that if anything I should have just got a warning, not a frozen account. Sorry for the rant I'm just extremely agitated by all of this, especially since who knows how long it will take for them to reply to my ticket...

Seeing as it is a holiday, relax. Right now. Take a breath, take a nap or two and possibly go outside. Freezing anyone who mentions Neodex is probably an automated thing, just like the neomail. They will get to you tomorrow.

-crosses fingers- I'm hoping for the best for you! Hopefully it will be recognised as an honest mistake. :)

From what I can make out of it, the monitors have seen the word Neo[Removed] and bam - instant freeze. Hopefully when a real person views my ticket they can see I was just helping somebody out with no harm intended, though I hope these stories of waiting 6 months to get a reply back from your ticket is not true otherwise I'll stop playing Neo forever lol. The staff appear to be rude from stories I've seen over different forums so I can only hope they do right by me and examine my ticket properly. I cannot believe how a simple game has got to me, you would think I've lost my bank account to theives with the way I'm acting lol!!

Neo[Removed] is most likely half of the users on Neopets, unfortunately and it irritating to see them still going at it.

Sending a ticket on any game is like watching a tree grow: It takes ages.

I was CG'd and frozen when I first played a a few years ago; my account hasn't been recovered and they still haven't replied to my ticket. (They probably just hate me, lol)

I'm not bashing TNT or anything because I know they have a lot to handle, but from personal experience, they can be pretty slow to respond so you might as well start another account for the time being.

Anyway, good luck to you! I hope they don't do what they did to me. It sucks.

The staff appear to be rude from stories I've seen over different forums

I seriously doubt the staff were actually rude to these people saying so. They aren't just a bunch of people, they're employed by Nickelodeon to keep the site running. Rudeness would be highly unprofessional.

When I lost my 11 year account I exchanged words with 2 different staff members and they were both polite and professional.

I'm just going to relax and see what happens, fingers crossed I'm in the right and they return my account, I mean it's pretty harsh to freeze an account because of such a stupid mistake and not return it. I continue to thank you all for your support and if my account ends up unfrozen you can be sure to receive an item gift from dynamic_dragon :)

By the way, coopkaty, did you ever get your 11 year old account back and why were you frozen (if you don't mind me asking??) :S