Selling versus Using...Nerkmids

capital_soccer_kid_1

Hey all, so....I have had, over my time, a fortune of once every other year or so, having my neopet stumble upon a cool item that is a bit expensive. Today, that happened with a Nerkmid. However, like with treasure chests or neocola coins - I NEVER seem to receive a great item from it. I always get the trash. So, should I just go ahead and sell the nerkmid? Or is it better to take more risks and use?

I would sell.

Some people do collect them, and after a while they get SOMETHING. And they are avatar items, but I'm sure by now you already have one. So...sell to one of those collectors. If you only get a few here and there, chances are low of ever getting anything.

By the way, I've used over 500 neocola coins and have never once gotten a single prize except the booby prize.

I've only run into 2 nerkmids. (Both from the wheel of extravagance) The first one I sold imediately, but the second I used for the avatar and I managed to get the same nerkmid back, which I sold.

I ran into a treasure chest today and opened and got a 1np book..

My suggestion is just sell these items because the chances are low.

Unless you get a lot of these items frequently, there's no point in using them as you will probably not get anything worth it.

From personal experience, having one won't get you anything.

I spent 50 in one go, and the last few were the ones that were profitable.

If 175k isn't much to you, go for it.

If it is, put it up for trade.

There is a user here (sorry I cannot recall your name) who spent a lot of money on nerkmids to use.

In the end, they not only got their money back but made a huge profit.

I'd wager that if you're just going to use a nerkmid whenever you win one, it's probably more profitable to sell. That said, I won a nerkmid and sold it to a staff member here. They won another nerkmid and won a trophy -__- (I STILL LOVE YOU)

I would say it depends on if you have the avatar or not. If not, then USE IT. If you do already (which you should), then sell it. You're more likely to get Gross Food from that machine than anything else, so it's more than likely going to be a waste.

As far as finding them in REs (lucky, lucky!), I just figure I'm not LOSING anything by using it. Even if I win junk, I didn't spend anything on it and am no worse off than before finding it and there's always the tiny chance you could win something. However, when I win them from the Wheel of Extravagance, I sell them because then if I use it and win junk, I'm out that 100k I paid to spin the wheel.

I've sold every Nerkmid I've found. I bought one, years ago, to get the avatar with. I actually won back a better Nerkmid. I haven't tried to use one since. Some people are very lucky. Others are not. I tend to be in the 'not so lucky' category. There are things I'm saving up for- I would prefer to put the guarranteed 120k or whatever it is towards that, rather than risk it and hope for something that is worth more.

I've sold every Nerkmid I've found. I bought one, years ago, to get the avatar with. I actually won back a better Nerkmid. I haven't tried to use one since. Some people are very lucky. Others are not. I tend to be in the 'not so lucky' category. There are things I'm saving up for- I would prefer to put the guarranteed 120k or whatever it is towards that, rather than risk it and hope for something that is worth more.

Same thing happened with me. I got a nerkmid free from the battledome when it first came out. I then used it for the avatar and won another nerkmid that was worth 40k more. :) If I run across another one, I'd probably sell.

Thanks guys. Really. And, it's good to hear these odds. Seriously. Some of the webpages should maybe make mention of this, because I feel that's really good.

I'm so sorry you've used so many nerkmids and neocola coins (respectively). That's awful luck (though if it helps, and as I said, I myself have never gotten anything from actually opening these things either).

Thanks again all.

I'm with everyone who says to sell it unless you want the avatar. I used mine from the avatar and got gross food.

Someone about 2 weeks ago got a Water PB out of 3 nerks

Still, Finn the Human points this out and I'd be tempted to try it for PB's even with bad odds. Let us know what you do!

The nerkmid I ever used I bought for the avatar. And only got gross food worth about 1K. Then, in a RE, I got another nerkmid the same day! I sold that one so fast you wouldn't believe it!! As others have said, use for the avvie if needed and otherwise it will most likely be more profitable for you to sell it since the odds are not in your favour.

I am pretty much going to say what everyone else said. Use it if you need the avatar but if you don't need the avatar then go ahead and sell it. I bought one for the avatar and honestly I don't remember what I won from it but I don't think it was much at all. I think it was an item worth less than 1k.

I won a Nerkmid from the Wheel of Extravagance... and I used it because I needed to know what I was going to get. I got a Glowing Petpet Paintbrush (45k). :'D

I will most likely always use any Nerkmid I find, since I'm not saving money for anything in particular (besides training my BD pet).

(Discussing this makes me want to buy a tons of Nerkmids... must resist the temptation.)