How Would YOU Change the Site?

idriya

Judging by Board 7 over the past few days, it seems like people are really unhappy with Neo right now. It's really upsetting me, because I haven't seen such anti-TNT/NC/site event/post-2007 Neo in general sentiment since around 2009 or so. :( So, I'm making this board, based on another board on Board 7. Even if you're not upset with Neo right now, there has to be some criticism you have or something you would change. So I'm asking. If you were in charge of the site, how would you change it?

I'll start:

1. I'd keep the NC Mall, but I'd greatly reduce the number of NC events and get rid of Fortune Cookies.

2. Find a way to make NC trading possible.

3. I'd bring back Neopets merchandise, not so much for money but moreso to attract new users to the site, because this is one thing TNT has completely failed at.

4. More NP wearables, especially NP wearables for Babies, Mutants, and Maraquan pets.

5. I'd change the order of the site events slightly. I'd bring the Daily Dare to January, because I feel like part of the reason people are so upset with the Neopies right now is because it comes after such a passive site event (Advent Calendar), and that's too much downtime. I feel like people wouldn't be so upset if it came after a more active site event, like the Daily Dare. Thus, the Neopies would get pushed to February, since the Academy Awards are in February anyway, and that's what the Neopies are parodying. Also, the Faerie Quests would get pushed all the way back to September, since that's when the Faerie Festival is. The holiday events (Haunted Faire, Festival of Neggs, Advent Calendar) and Altador Cup are fine as they are.

6. I'd eliminate the Games Master Challenge, since it's already similar enough to the Daily Dare, and make the Daily Dare more team-oriented, since people seem to like that with the Games Master Challenge.

7. For the Altador Cup, I'd switch the format to a traditional Swiss tournament style, keep the current Altador Cup length (because "it's too long" was a common complaint back in the round robin days), add a Food Club-esque betting system, and bring back the Souvenir Shop and the post-tournament MVP awards and such.

8. There would be at least one big plot per year, and it would be allowed to run simultaneously with any event, Daily Dare and Altador Cup included.

9. I like one day someone brought up on the boards. A yearly Battledome Cup, similar to the Altador Cup.

10. I normally disagree with the Nostalgics, but one thing I do think TNT did much better in the past that they shouldn't have stopped doing in the past was avatars. In the past, they'd release a new avatar every pet day or so, even if it was just a clickable. That's what they should go back to doing, in my opinion.

11. Make it possible to get UC pets without pet trading, mostly likely through a (very) expensive HT item, so people don't just get four UC pets and never customize. :P

12. Better customer service. One of very few things I think TNT did better in the past than the present.

13. 18+ board where some swearing will be allowed (as long as you're not throwing out F-bombs every other post or something), and discussion of more "adult" subjects like politics and religion are permitted. They'd be very heavily monitored, though, because I know how those discussions could go.

That's what I've got.

Unorganized thoughts:

• Rotate daily prizes every few months. While I'm all for making certain items more available, it's terrible to see how worthless some of these are now.
  • I'm in favor of keeping the fortune cookies in the mall. I love the lab ray too much, and while I've never used the FQ ones, I think it helps users who can't log on Neopets often enough to generate the FQ RE.
  • I don't use the NC Mall (unless it's free NC), but it seems like it should be easier for users to get their hands on giftboxes. Also, I think you don't get extras (giftboxes, bonus items) from charging directly vs. using a Nickeoldeon card, and I think they should change that.
  • Fix Habitarium, get rid of that "maintenance".

I like this topic. :-)

I only really have one issue in that I think Elite Noepians should have more perks or at least have the ones already in place go through a revamp. Even the Elite NC shop is full of Junk. I don't mind the No Trade Clause for stuff I buy in there but it is ALL JUNK. I would never buy any of it. It would be nice to have a really cool background or garland or something to show for my almost eleven years on Neo... But instead they give free NC items to premium members. I have nothing against premium members. My good friend is one of them. It just sometimes I wonder why I've spent all these years working hard for what I have when someone can now just show up and buy their way in. It's the way of the world I suppose, but still!

The thing I think that would help a ton is simply customer service, especially in the ticket system. New/Different content can never please everyone, so there are always going to be people who don't like what's going on, but improved customer service is something that would help everyone. Not closing tickets before the issue is fully resolved and replying to tickets in a timely manner (especially in relation to frozen accounts) would be a huge improvement, in my opinion. I've sent in tickets about pretty serious security issues, and never got a response, which is NOT conducive to a happy customer base, whether you're a paying player or not.

Even having staff more visible around the site on boards and whatnot (which happens occasionally, but something that would be nice to see more of) shows that they are actively interested in the site and its users.

I'm honestly pretty happy with the site, but of course I would like more plots and activities, because more fun is always desirable.

That's not to say that there aren't things I'm unhappy with. Such as glitchy games. There are glitches that should not have made it out of beta and wonky mechanics.

And I'd either do away with or make colour changing random events optional. You shouldn't have to be afraid to keep your nicest pet active.

I would definitely make UCs possible, through an event, an NC item, an NP item- Something!! You can still customize them as well, so I personally do not see TNT's problem.

But you can only put BGs and trinkets on them. I think they're afraid that if they make UCs available, the majority of the site will go for them and not customize much, if at all (and I'm sure a lot of people would, if only for the nostalgia factor). Very few people would be buying from the NC Mall, in that case, and they'd be losing money.

1) Make it easier to respond to tickets.

2) Instead of freezing 100 innocent dedicated players daily, be more careful.

3) Increase the trade NP limit to 2,000,000 and auction to 50,000,000.

4) Fix the Altador Cup

5) Stop deflating rare items

6) Hire a staff that care (stole that from a neoboard)

7) Pin protection for trades

5) Stop deflating rare items

Depends on what the item is. If it's something like those stamps you need for stamp avatars, why not deflate those?

6) Hire a staff that care (stole that from a neoboard)

TNT cares. People just expect too much out of them.

Depends on what the item is. If it's something like those stamps you need for stamp avatars, why not deflate those?

TNT cares. People just expect too much out of them.

Well people who collect stamps and spent 20 mil+ on a stamp would not be happy to see them go for 1-2 million the next day. :/ And I don't think TNT cares. :O

On TNT "not caring" - they're there because it's a job. How many of you go into work at 100% every single day? Especially in a customer service position? They're people, there's only so much they can do.

On topic, I'd get rid of some of the NC cookies; I'm in favour of the lab cookie and the faerie cookie, along with any clothing ones they release. I would, however, remove the games ones immediately. I'd also like to add a way to link accounts - i.e. be able to access your sides from your main without logging in and out.

The first thing I'd do is make the filters for the boards a lot more lax than they are now. I wouldn't make it an "anything goes, say what you want, nothing is stopping you" type of thing, but make it PG-13 at most and have a group of moderators. Or, alternately, as the OP said, an 18+ section of the boards where some swearing and discussion of mature topics are allowed, albeit heavily moderated.

However, I also feel like if there is an 18+ section, then there should also be something like a 14+ or 15+ section that's more toned-down and slightly more moderated than the 18+ section, but idk. :U

I'd also bring back the Neopets magazine (anyone remember that?), make Neopets merch more widely available, and bring back the Neopets TCG.

Lastly, I'd make UC pets more readily available, via the lab ray or a really expensive potion or something like that.

If either of those options were implemented, and if you wanted a UC pet, you would have to own a converted pet (for example, a Plushie Shoyru) that is also available as a UC. The potion would be less rare than the lab ray, but it would still be hard to get one.

My ideas:

- I agree with GREATLY reducing all the NC events, it's annoying. (Even if some of them do give out cool prizes.)

-However, some cookies, like the Faerie Quest ones, can be rather helpful especially if you are not somebody who frequently gets them. I'd keep the Lab Ray and FQ cookies, but get rid of the Games one.

- GET RID OF DELINA. PERIOD.

- Make it possible to purchase Gift Boxes from the NC Mall, especially if you do a lot of trading or moving NC items to sides.

- Add a few more Neopian lands. Personally, I'd like to see a Norse/Viking style place, a Native American world (Lutari Island would probably be it), and an Innuit themed location around Terror Mountain

- Finally open Lutari Island, probably with a plot involved of some sort. It can be a puzzle or a war plot, or both!

- Change the Cup back to the format it used to use back in 2011, or switch it to the Swiss-tournament style, or just a Single-Round Robin.

- Get rid of or change the Darigan Yooyus to behave the way the used to.

- More NP and NC wearables for Mutant and Maraquan pets, Baby pets could use more NP wearables, but they get way too many NC ones. Where's the love for the Mutants and Maraquans!?

- Make it so pets of those aforementioned colours can hold things in their hands/hooves.

- Better customer service

- Better forums, and especially something that caters to adults, players 18+, like a special forum.

- A Fountain Faerie avatar, or Rainbow Fountain avatar, achieved by painting ANY pet species any available colour.

- Forum moderators. We need them. Horribly. Filters just are not working and are only hurting than they are helping.

- Bring back plushies, the TCG, and the magazines. (I totally miss those.)

- I think a plot every year would be a little too much, so making them unpredictable can be more exciting, but I think there should be a plot at least once every two years.

- Change random avatars into something to obtain by viewing the page's source code, finding the link, and going to that. Refreshing just takes too long, it could take DAYS to get the avatar.

- Get rid of colour-changing random events. Boochi could still be obtained as a BD challenger if he shows up and misses.

- Reduce Habitarium maintenance to once a week.

I definitley agree that TNT should work on adding more neopian lands. I really really like that idea. A viking land sounds so cool! :handlebars:

I agree that the number one issue however, is better customer service. :whistle:

-Make it easier to buy NC. It's only available in a few countries, and since not everybody has a creditcard... Why can't we just purchase them by bank account?

-Do something about the deflation of some items and make the most rarest items available again. (It's ridiculous to ask more than 100 mil for one single item)

-More faerie quests. (There were months I didn't get one single quest, and I play a lot)

-Make it easier to buy NC. It's only available in a few countries, and since not everybody has a creditcard... Why can't we just purchase them by bank account?

-Do something about the deflation of some items and make the most rarest items available again. (It's ridiculous to ask more than 100 mil for one single item)

-More faerie quests. (There were months I didn't get one single quest, and I play a lot)

I have not had a faerie quest since I started playing 11 months ago! Not one single quest. & I also play a lot. Unbelieveable. lol.

But you can only put BGs and trinkets on them. I think they're afraid that if they make UCs available, the majority of the site will go for them and not customize much, if at all (and I'm sure a lot of people would, if only for the nostalgia factor). Very few people would be buying from the NC Mall, in that case, and they'd be losing money.

Yes but BGs can be expensive, and its not like no one is going to customize. PLUS if UCS become more common people will want to be special, and the interest for RW/RN will raise (usually meaning converted pets!) and they'll be crazy customized C: And i know my UC koug has a garland thing, foreground thing, background, all the works, which cost me a bit. PLUS to get some retired BGs and such you have to buy multiple caps, so neo still makes money off of that.

PLUS they could sell the UC potion/whatever for probably $10-15, the equivalent in NC.

I don't know, I just don't think that the reasoning is that strong.

Reducing NC events, yes. My biggest complaint was already mentioned that there is no way to trade NC items.

And of course, customer service improvement.

Everyone has really good ideas.

Those who like to customize will spend money to customize their pets: they're the ones who spend the most on the NC (I think), and will always customize their converted pets regardless if there's more UC available. Wearables or non-wearables, it doesn't matter. You just have to look at how much people are willing to trade for for a single wig or even just a background.

-Make it easier to get gift boxes. I think a lot of the frustration comes from it being so difficult to transfer items.

-Fix the glitches in the gaming events

-Make plots more common. I'd appreciate even something small to go along with changes they're making to the site.

-Release more easy avatars. The last few avatars they have released have all been pretty difficult.

-Improve customer service and moderation

Customer service is their number one issue on my book. There is a lot of people in their creative team, but it seems like no one was hired just to answer tickets and work with problems. When you have all artists and no public relations, it's hard to identify yourself as a legit company.

Less of a push on NC events - but overall, I think they have been really good about not just out to get your money.

Personally, I don't agree with the older/adult section of Neopets. What would that even entail? Curse words? :( It's sad when we can't omit vulgar vocabulary from our written word - especially when it comes down to a kid's game. If it gives out more incentive than that then you have a lot of minors faking their ages to get into these adult sections, and then there's LEGAL rammification behind it. I like the universal rules across the board.

I do however hesitantly agree with the idea of moderators. Or just staff to help with the large amount of bugs and troubleshooting errors.

Overall though, I am satisfied with my neopets experience. I wouldn't want it to change too drastically :)

Those who like to customize will spend money to customize their pets
As a person who loves customising - actually, its that incentive that keeps me saving NP - I have to say I disagree with this.
It disheartens me when I see that NC-customised pets look so much better than mine, and when I look very hard to find that one item that fits and then find out that its NC. 99.9% of the time I don't buy the NC item, and I get frustrated and don't buy the NP item either.
I don't begrudge NC or NC users, but I do begrudge TNT for making it really difficult to make NP only pets look as good as NC. Can NP pets look good as well? Of course! Does it take LOADS more time and effort in saving up? Definitely.
More on-topic, as such, what I would like on Neopets is to see is more NP wearables that hold a candle to the NC ones. I'd start with some non-species specific wigs and glasses. Also add some make-up and face paint and some decent wings and male shoes.

I should clarify that I was talking about users who spend NC to customize their pets, as this was the topic regarding owning an UC pets. ;)

That being said, NC items are going to be more expensive because the artists have to redraw and make it for all the species, although I know they are quite lazy with some of the species (for example, some items get stretched out instead of being properly redrawn). Some of the NP wearables are actually quite nice, but it's limited. Of course you're going to be spending a load more of NP to get that item... and you know what? NC items are also very expensive. I'm not into trading, but I know that some items needs to be traded for +40 GBC... that's a lot of money.