How Would YOU Change the Site?

idriya

Hmm. I was just thinking how cool it'd be to be able to change your neopets name and then ran across this weeks editorial. A lot of people said that this would never ever happen, but hey... looks like it may be possible someday! :) I'm sure that would greatly benefit people who named their pets when they were younger, or who adopted a pet and didn't like the name, etc. They even mentioned usernames are not posible "at this time" which, to me, hints that TNT will make it possible later on.

Hi, TNT! I'm sure I'm not the only one who suffers from this, but can
we rename our Neopets in the (hopefully near) future through some
option? What my 10 year old self thought was cool clearly isn't now --
11 years on. Please remove my username. :D ~username removed

This is something we'd like to do (though usernames aren't possible at
this time). However, it's an involved, difficult process that would take
many months to make available, and as such would be a paid service.

Hmm. I was just thinking how cool it'd be to be able to change your neopets name and then ran across this weeks editorial. A lot of people said that this would never ever happen, but hey... looks like it may be possible someday! :) I'm sure that would greatly benefit people who named their pets when they were younger, or who adopted a pet and didn't like the name, etc. They even mentioned usernames are not posible "at this time" which, to me, hints that TNT will make it possible later on.

Hi, TNT! I'm sure I'm not the only one who suffers from this, but can

we rename our Neopets in the (hopefully near) future through some

option? What my 10 year old self thought was cool clearly isn't now --

11 years on. Please remove my username. :D ~username removed

This is something we'd like to do (though usernames aren't possible at

this time). However, it's an involved, difficult process that would take

many months to make available, and as such would be a paid service.

That does seem like it might be possible in the far future. It may not happen...but it would be nice to rename the pets we created when we were younger... *would like to add last names to my oldest pets*

However, renaming pets will come with its own set of problems, as unlike other sites, Neopets have items they can and cannot use, and changing their names will affect that. That is why it's going to be so difficult.

Better F.A.Q.s. I tend to find that they'll answer some questions, but not in depth enough or they'll be noob-level questions. "How do I activate [NC mall pack]?" versus "Do I get to choose whether I use the Meepit 'stache power ups before or after I pick the screen?"; while most packs are activated the same way (from what I can tell?), the second question is important if you're on a budget. Yet, only the first is in the F.A.Q.

Also an updated, easy to understand rules and general F.A.Q. page. I would also link to this page that the top of every editorial, with something like "check if your question has been answered here before sending it in!"

Good topic!

I think all games should be pausable and - more importantly, imo - be mutable.

I also think that it'd be fab to have more lands!

Good topic!

Oh, yes, you know as well as I how irritating it is when you're in the middle of the game and you need to go get something or use the bathroom and can't because there is no pause option...and I'd LOVE it if Kass Basher could be muted!

Good topic!

This. I've been wishing for a mute option in the settings of each game. Sometimes I want to listen to youtube videos while I play, and then it doesn't help to mute the browser.

This. I've been wishing for a mute option in the settings of each game. Sometimes I want to listen to youtube videos while I play, and then it doesn't help to mute the browser.

Ugh, that does suck. D: I tend not to mind that there isn't a mute option, since I tend to half-watch movies while at the computer. Every once in a while the volume does accidentally go on though, and I end up all AHHH D: hahaha.

I wish neopets was the way it was like 5 years ago......no ads......no 'customization' i wish all the new artwork would revert back to the original artwork 5+ years ago because most of the new "customization" artwork pretty much sucks.

I like neo, but I'm not great at games, and I find it unfair the way that trophies and avatars are handed out. I have to be on really late in my timezone to stay up and compete witll elite gamers for trophies and game avatars. I don't even get them often when I do that anyway. I think there should be a better system there where more players are able to get more trophies and avatars.

I also believe stamps should be cheaper.

And wish there wasn't so many neo activites that require you to be on almost every day/all day. I come on neo for fun, but sometimes it's a chore, working hard for my goals.

And what I meant by 'wish there wasn't so many neo activites that require you to be on almost every day/all day' - is that sometimes things like habi need to run all day and things like plushie tycoon and multiplayer events where you actually have stop in your real life to play neo.

I'm not a hater of neo or anything, I love playing, but there are just some real difficulties which make it hard to enjoy and aren't really fair.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I wish neopets was the way it was like 5 years ago......no ads......no 'customization' i wish all the new artwork would revert back to the original artwork 5+ years ago because most of the new "customization" artwork pretty much sucks.

You sound like you just returned after a 5 year hiatus. Everybody who returns after being gone to see the new site automatically hates it. Some leave the site due to the change, others stick around and adapt. And if you don't like Neo at all the way it is now, there are other virtual pet sites out there that are like the old Neo which you can join instead.

I like neo, but I'm not great at games, and I find it unfair the way that trophies and avatars are handed out. I have to be on really late in my timezone to stay up and compete witll elite gamers for trophies and game avatars. I don't even get them often when I do that anyway. I think there should be a better system there where more players are able to get more trophies and avatars.

I also believe stamps should be cheaper.

And wish there wasn't so many neo activites that require you to be on almost every day/all day. I come on neo for fun, but sometimes it's a chore, working hard for my goals.

And what I meant by 'wish there wasn't so many neo activites that require you to be on almost every day/all day' - is that sometimes things like habi need to run all day and things like plushie tycoon and multiplayer events where you actually have stop in your real life to play neo.

I'm not a hater of neo or anything, I love playing, but there are just some real difficulties which make it hard to enjoy and aren't really fair.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I feel that way about the Art Gallery. This one user gets published almost EVERY TIME while other people who have submitted tons and tons of art never get in at all. I also feel that they are discriminating against age - I think TNT only wants players under 18 to win in the Art Gallery, and everybody over 20 has no luck. :/ Especially a problem when your account's birthday makes you appear older than you actually are (When I created my main at age 12, my parents told me to make me appear 18. So now I'm 21 yet my account's birthday says I'm 27. No way will TNT let an old lady have a chance at the Art Gallery)!

They might as well shut the entire site down if they get rid of Customization and the NC Mall. It's their main source of income, and they have to make money somehow.

And no, Premium, sponsors and merchandise aren't enough to pay the bills AND make a sizable profit, which is what they need to do. Viacom bought the site for $160 million. Nobody spends that kind of money for the heck of it.

They might as well shut the entire site down if they get rid of Customization and the NC Mall. It's their main source of income, and they have to make money somehow.

And no, Premium, sponsors and merchandise aren't enough to pay the bills AND make a sizable profit, which is what they need to do. Viacom bought the site for $160 million. Nobody spends that kind of money for the heck of it.

So true! And there basically is no merchandise any more.

No one has to use the NC Mall if they don't want to. No one has to customise their pets if they don't want to. It's pretty easy to avoid both of those!

You sound like you just returned after a 5 year hiatus. Everybody who returns after being gone to see the new site automatically hates it. Some leave the site due to the change, others stick around and adapt. And if you don't like Neo at all the way it is now, there are other virtual pet sites out there that are like the old Neo which you can join instead.

I feel that way about the Art Gallery. This one user gets published almost EVERY TIME while other people who have submitted tons and tons of art never get in at all. I also feel that they are discriminating against age - I think TNT only wants players under 18 to win in the Art Gallery, and everybody over 20 has no luck. :/ Especially a problem when your account's birthday makes you appear older than you actually are (When I created my main at age 12, my parents told me to make me appear 18. So now I'm 21 yet my account's birthday says I'm 27. No way will TNT let an old lady have a chance at the Art Gallery)!

TNT doesn't even look at the user the submitted the art when they pick pieces to win. They definitely are not discriminating against people that are too old. The people that tend to win all the time submit more than one piece of art a week, generally- throw enough stuff against the wall and some of it will stick!

- Make it easier to buy neocash. It'd be nice to be able to just put some money on a prepaid card and buy neocash that way, much more simple.

- Free giftboxes for premium members as random events. :)

- Cartoon PB, Gnome PB, and Valentines PB. I think it'd be neat to see what TNT would come up with for these.

- An aquarium! Similiar to habi, except it would be maraquan petpets. I think I'd find it more entertaining to watch fish swimming around instead of the little bugs, since habi has become so boring in my opinion. Or maybe instead of maraquan petpets you could use the fish you caught from underwater fishing? So there would be an option in the drop-down menu to put them into your aquarium. :P

- Release some new species! It's been quite some time since a new pet was released and I think it's about time. I think perhaps a fox looking or porcupine neopet would look pretty cool, or maybe even a mouse one.

- MORE FAERIE QUESTS. This is a big one for me. I've been playing for a year and have yet to have one faerie quest. I can't afford NC very often, so it's a shame that I never ever get them, and it gives players who can use the cookies a huge advantage, IMO.

- A neocash trading post. I know this is a long shot, but I think it'd be amazing if we didn't even have to use the giftboxes and could just trade that way.

- Lay Ray Week - Similiar to the game score x5 week, except you are able to use the lab twice a day for a week.

- Add an autobuyer, collect all gems button, and rotate option to habitarium.

So true! And there basically is no merchandise any more.

No one has to use the NC Mall if they don't want to. No one has to customise their pets if they don't want to. It's pretty easy to avoid both of those!

TNT doesn't even look at the user the submitted the art when they pick pieces to win. They definitely are not discriminating against people that are too old. The people that tend to win all the time submit more than one piece of art a week, generally- throw enough stuff against the wall and some of it will stick!

I just need to do a lot and submit every week...more than once! Thank you, this will help. :)

Why autobuyer? D: Then you could get all the morphing potions and rare stuff and it would be boring D:

I think she meant a way to buy more than one storage/whatever at a time in Habitarium, not an autobuyer for the main Neo shops.

I think she meant a way to buy more than one storage/whatever at a time in Habitarium, not an autobuyer for the main Neo shops.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. lol. Thank you Rebecca. :) Didn't notice this until now.

I agree with you on the NC Mall. The Fortune Cookies are a nice touch, but imbalanced. Apart from that, there is just way too much emphasis on squeezing money out of everyone since Nickelodeon took over. Every single plot or minor event is an excuse to sell more stuff. And even if people would like to buy things for real money, they should be able to buy anything released in the NC Mall ever (except for maybe those few limited edition special items). There are plenty of old items I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks on, but they were released and retired years ago. Why doesn't Neopets just keep selling them?

I would fix the support section of the site and make responding and helping people with their problems more important. I would also finnish all of the things neopets has kind of gone through half hearted on like the neofriends section (Seroiusly still in beta? :D ) and key quest in general

I'm not too satisfied with the NP payout in the Battledome. But let's see...300 NP for Hard level times 15 equals....4,500. Not bad, but still not much. An even greater payout could be this: 1,000 NP awarded on Tough, 3,000 on Strong, and 5,000 on Mighty. Woah, you could earn 75k that way...maybe there's a reason it is the way it is. Making NP is supposed to be difficult, after all. (I sure can't make a lot without playing tons of games!). But all that NP would be a help during a plot when codestones and faeries (and anything battle-related) have inflated tenfold.

I'm not too satisfied with the NP payout in the Battledome. But let's see...300 NP for Hard level times 15 equals....4,500. Not bad, but still not much. An even greater payout could be this: 1,000 NP awarded on Tough, 3,000 on Strong, and 5,000 on Mighty. Woah, you could earn 75k that way...maybe there's a reason it is the way it is. Making NP is supposed to be difficult, after all. (I sure can't make a lot without playing tons of games!). But all that NP would be a help during a plot when codestones and faeries (and anything battle-related) have inflated tenfold.

The NP is capped at 1,500NP a day, regardless. You have to battle more to get the same payout if you're battling on normal vs. mighty, but they aren't letting people with stronger pets get more NP out of it.

The NP is capped at 1,500NP a day, regardless. You have to battle more to get the same payout if you're battling on normal vs. mighty, but they aren't letting people with stronger pets get more NP out of it.

I sort of don't understand what you're talking about. :S Mighty has the highest NP awards, and stronger pets are recommended to fight on that level. And you can only get awarded 15 times a day. So if you played on Tough, you'd only get 750, and Mighty, you'd get 4,500. Unless my calculator is wrong. I don't think I am understanding these caps.

There's a total NP cap, not a cap of the times you're awarded the NP. You keep receiving NP until you hit the 1,500 cap. You get it in fewer battles when battling on the higher difficulty, but you don't get any more NP than those only fighting on the lower difficulties.

There's a total NP cap, not a cap of the times you're awarded the NP. You keep receiving NP until you hit the 1,500 cap. You get it in fewer battles when battling on the higher difficulty, but you don't get any more NP than those only fighting on the lower difficulties.

Ohhhh, now it makes more sense, thank you.