Do you sell or donate ??! (Other options available)

Angeló

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with your junk ?

• Sell
    • Donate
    • Discard
    • Hoard

I am a hoarder all the way. Even with me trying to get the rubbish avatar I don't seem to go into my SDB and discard from there I only discard the things I get from the money tree (which I haven't been to in months)

I donate it...I should just discard it, but the avatar does seem to be random, and I prefer donating/discarding in mass quantities. Besides, somebody may need that Forgotten Shore Map Piece.

Since I got the rubbish avatar, I've started selling my junk for the benefit of those who still need it (or packrat). I used to think that it wasn't worth the effort to sell those 1 np items, and I guess it still isn't, but at least now I see the point of doing it. Besides, everything adds up.

I always donated before the rubbish avatar, then I started discarding until I got it, and now I've gone back to donating again. I should probably discard instead because who wants this stuff other than for the avatars? I don't hoard because I hate clutter. I don't sell anything worth less than 50 NP because for me it's not worth the bother.

I was a hoarder because I'm lazy I wanted to get the Pack Rat avatar, but now I have it I'm slowly trying to get rid of what I've accumulated. If it's useless, I'll discard. If it's useful (food, books, toys, etc.) and worth less than 50NP I'll donate. If it's useful and worth between 51NP and 100NP, I'll sell it for 1NP.

It depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes I'll think 'every little bit counts' so even if it's only worth 1NP it'll go to my shop. Other times though, I'm like '1NP isn't worth it at all' so I donate/discard depending on whether it can benefit someone's pet to have. I've never hoarded though because I hate junk clogging up my SDB.

I will discard anything that is worth 1 np. Ill sell omelettes and jellies but anything else I'll discard or donate if its cheap food.

I DO hoard items though. I keep one of every item I get in my SDB. It's becoming quite large.... lol

I do that for future random item avatar purposes and retiring items. So then one day I can sell them for lots of NP.

Right now, I am hoarding. I want to discard all of my items at one time for the rubbish avatar to help contribute to some of the statistics people are collecting to figure it out.

Before the rubbish avatar, I was discarding everything that was worth 1np and was not edible. The edible stuff I would sell or donate. After the avatar, I think I will get rid of my stuff through the trading post for awhile. It seems easier to ask for 9np in exchange for my junk than to put it in my shop.

Most of the time it's definitely sell! Occasionally if I think it might inflate I'll hoard...although I didn't realise about the rubbish avatar before so I may start hoarding to sell later!

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to sell my items. Every NP does count! :)

I don't discard, as I'd rather not do any favors for TNT.

I don't donate unless by accident as I don't see why other people would want 1np junk..

I have been hoarding as of recent just because I'm going to try and get the rubbish avatar.

I used to deposit everything into the black hole that is my SDB, but lately my habits have changed because of the Rubbish avatar. I've been discarding a ton of junk for the avatar (hope I get it soon), and have even started clearing out my SDB by selling stuff. I try to sell most things as long as they go for 100NP and up, but I don't bother selling really useless junk (like rotten boots or soggy boxes or what have you). Sure, every NP counts, but shop space also costs money and gets pretty pricey. I'd rather use that space to sell stuff that will actually move and give me a more significant profit than 1NP. Besides, time is money.

I get too lazy to sell anything that's not worth more than 200NP. When I sell an item I have to have to keep refreshing until I find the page that my username will come up on. I don't know why, it would just annoy me if there was an item in my shop that would never get sold because it wasn't the cheapest on the SW. It gets so boring that I won't bother to sell something unless I think it's worth it. I donate anything that might be of use to noobs like stamps/cards so that they can start collecting and any food that I don't need. I would put junk up on the trading post so that those going for the avvie can target it specifically instead of making other people angry because the money tree is full of junk items :p

I also keep one of each item, unless it's gross food or some other useless and disgusting thing, cause I don't want them in my SDB touching my other pretty items (there's no reasoning here, as you see).

I hoard omelettes, jellies, desert food of the Fruit Machine, codestones and at the moment also faeries. This is all for feeding and training my pets.

I used to donate but then got sad because everything around the Money Tree is lots and lots junk nowadays. Now I discard, and sometimes when I'm bored I sell everything.

Interesting to see what everyone else does!

• 2 weeks later...

Hoard!

Since I'm starting from a completely fresh account it's much more profitable for me to only sell codestones or items I restock. I don't really have room for 1NP items in my shop. And as I'm currently working on PackRat (and then Discard) avatar this works out well. Generally I can accumulate 50 good solid junk items from my dailies before running off to play KeyQuest or work on restocks.

A mix of hoarding, donating, and selling. If it's something valuable that I know I'll never use, I just sell it. If it's not worth anything to me or or anyone else, I donate it. Cute toys are hoarded, though.

• 4 weeks later...

These are the rules I follow:

- Worth less than 100np? Discard. Unless it's food. My pets always need more food!
- Prize from a site event? Deposit. I always think stuff like that will be worth more in a year. Not sure how true that is!
- Anything else? Sell!

I've never seen the point in donating junk items. If it's only worth 1np, there's no reason to continue circulating it.