Single / In A Relationship ?

Angeló

Guest ErikaChristine

I have been single for 2 years. I was in a long distance r-ship for a few years before that. I'm actually really content with being single. I just don't think I'm ready for one these days.

I'm happily in a relationship. My boyfriend went to the same high school as me and was one of my first friends my freshman year. We became close friends almost instantly and he had a huge crush on me but I wasn't aware of it until awhile later. It was weird because yeah, I cared about this guy and we spent all of our free time together but I never really explored my feelings. So he was friend zoned because I had no idea what to do lol. Then after I graduated, one night we were having one of our movie nights at his house and throwing caution to the wind, I kissed him. We've been together almost a year now and I couldn't be happier ^_^.

My boyfriend and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary last Dec 22. We're getting married on April 6 next year.

Lol, I think the longest I've ever been single (since I started my very first relationship) was 8 months when I was 19. I'm 28 now. I tend to be in long relationships (more than a year).

• 1 month later...

Been single my entire life, I'm such a loser. I have someone I love very much though, if only he felt the same about me. I hate being single but at the same time I have to be so careful... I'm way too gullible so I get used then thrown away and I never learn. I guess I don't need a relationship right now but it sure would make me feel a lot better.

I'm in a relationship. ^_^ Almost a year and a half, and we've been living togther for just under a year. We moved in together very quickly, but she's the most amazing woman I can imagine. I couldn't be happier. :3

• 5 months later...

single, just like always, never had a boyfriend, or kissed

but i must admit that i dont know if im ready for that yet

and now a friend of mine wants me to have a bf,she wants me to go out with a group of friends and then send all the boys in the boulding in my direction and she's not stopping until i have one

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in my relationship for about 11 years, its incredible we are best friends as well as all the rest. I feel incredibly lucky. Dont get me wrong we have definitely had our problems life has not been simple or easy, but we got through it together and it just made us stronger as a couple.

I've been in a relationship for over two and a half years, and it's amazing. It's my first ~serious~ one, before her I was in these stormy, destructive, and manically passionate relationships; I was kind of addicted to the crazy drama, and it really tore me down. I didn't see myself ever being in anything solid or safe, and never with anyone like her, so I feel so very lucky for every small turn of events that brought and kept us together. She's calm and sensible and affectionate and incredibly patient with me. She gives me so much and I sometimes wonder what she gets from me, but eh... She loves me and I love her.

A couple of days ago, she moved out of the country to study, so I'm a bit nervous about the future. It's only a 5 hour travel by car and ferry, but it's kind of expensive so I don't think I'll be able to visit her very often, and it's med school so she'll be quite busy. There's no way of preparing or fool-proofing, but I guess that as long as we both feel like it's worth it, we can make it work.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm single, which I'm pretty much okay with. Past relationships have taught me it's way better to just wait for something that's right than not. I don't really mind the simplicity of being single. Not like I could do anything about it even if I did since I don't know any other gay guys near where I live, but still, I'm content.

• 1 month later...

I'm single, and have been for a little over a year now. I still feel pretty content with my relationship status, if that gives you any indication of my last relationship, haha. My ex and I lived together for about a year and a half. We split on decent terms though. No violent out-burts or drama etc. I hate drama.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in a relationship but I feel we've grown appart.

I'm even having serious doubts whether we're right for each other or not, but he's coming over this weekend and we decided to sit down and talk about our relationship.

I just think we want very different things out of life, so we can't make each other happy, or at least, I don't think he can make me happy anymore :/ but who knows, maybe I'm wrong, just have to have the talk :(

Raichi, That's unfortunate when a relationship gets to that point. It's tough deciding if this is really going to get better or if this is "as good as it gets". I'm happily married, now, but we went through a time when we didn't know if we were happy with each other. A short break before we even got engaged was enough to tell us both how happy we really were with each other. I'm not saying that to tell you what to do, or to even suggest it will give you the answers you need. I'm just telling you what worked for me.

Good luck.

I'm newly single, having broken up with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago. I decided that I want to be on my own for a while, and when I eventually want to be with someone again it won't be a man. Took me so long to figure it all out but I'm glad I did - very happy at the moment :)

Raichi, That's unfortunate when a relationship gets to that point. It's tough deciding if this is really going to get better or if this is "as good as it gets". I'm happily married, now, but we went through a time when we didn't know if we were happy with each other. A short break before we even got engaged was enough to tell us both how happy we really were with each other. I'm not saying that to tell you what to do, or to even suggest it will give you the answers you need. I'm just telling you what worked for me.

Good luck.

Do you mean like, a temporary break-up?

I wanted to discuss it with him this weekend, but once again something came up that invonvenienced us so we couldn't talk about it. Or rather I don't think he knows I want to talk even though I told him like 10 days ago that we'd talk once he'd come over.

I'm going to suggest talking it out on skype since we don't really seem to get the chance when he comes over. Typing will be a lot easier, and then again a lot less personal.

I'm in a relationship :) been with the guy for 2 years and a few months. We are thinking about moving in together as well.

I've never been very lucky with relationships and before him they never lasted more than 3 months. I had lost hope at some time and truly believed I would be alone for the rest of my life....but then this happened and I couldn't be happier.

Keep faith, you'll find someone some day. I know it sounds cliche and all but if it happened to me.... it can most certainly happen to any one of you. Keep living your lives happily and you will fall upon your one and only at some point in your life. :3